Introducing the UnRAID Topical Index

RobJ

I have created a new index to topics of interest to unRAID users, and called it the UnRAID Topical Index, and added it to the unRAID Wiki, on the Unofficial Documentation page.

It is very very incomplete, just an experiment for now, not ready for public exposure, but in order for it to become useful, it has to be exposed sufficiently, to get the researchers among us working on it.  I would love to see those among us with a research librarian mentality take the time to flesh it out.  I think also some with a special interest in, or comprehensive understanding of a particular topic, might want to complete a topic entry.

The introductory paragraphs on the page help to understand the rationale.  I get frustrated trying to keep track of various subjects that come up, and wanted a single place I could check for every reference and significant thread that was relevant to a specific topic.  So far, only the AFP, BluRay, and SMART topics are relatively complete.  The others are barely stubs, and many more could be added, but it is very time-consuming to do.

I would stress that this in no way is trying to compete with any other list, such as the Best of the Forums page.  The approach is meant to be very different.

If it turns out there is little interest in this page, I'll remove it.