unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Does it not work at all, or just not with nzbmatrix?  Perhaps their API is down.

Havent tried any other nzb sites...

saberror.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Updated to ver 0.5.6

Ok... tried NewzBin and its the same thing?

I have the same issue when I do a force search on sickbeard and when on nzbmatrix, when I use the send to sab icon.  However, if I download the nzb, SAB finds the file immediately and begins the download.

So not sure what the problem could be.

I have the same issue when I do a force search on sickbeard and when on nzbmatrix, when I use the send to sab icon.  However, if I download the nzb, SAB finds the file immediately and begins the download.

So not sure what the problem could be.

The last issue was weeks ago but the nzbmatrix rss was down and is still having issues. Sickbeard uses the rss for the searching. If you look at the full Sickbeard logs (using debugging level I think) you can see the rss calls when searching.

http://nzbmatrix.info/

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Guys does anyone else have a problem with the sabnzbd cache directory not clearing?

I decided to delete the directory and so far it is at 180K files and going over 100GB and going! At least now I know where all my storage space went!

I know you can run sab with the -c to clear cache and logs, and que, but I never want to clear my que, just the cache. Is there a way to have it clear the cache automatically?

I didn't setup the downloads folder as a share. For me, SAB is on the cache disk, which is only a temporary location until I get files moved to the array.

I was able to create a mapped network drive to the downloads folder using Windows Explorer. Then I simply treat the contents as any other folder on the network.

Odd I have sick moving stuff to a share, but I cant access it after it does, i have to chmod it.

Sab + Sickbeard are running as root by default, so all the files they create are owned by root.root, not nobody.user which makes them inaccessible via user shares.   I have a added the unraid newperms command to the post-processing scripts i use (I don't use the Sickbeard auto-process ones) and it seems to work well.

Here is the line to add to your script (you can also make a script that only does the one thing):

/usr/local/sbin/newperms "$1"

ahh make sense, I need to figure out how to run it as nobody then because I use the auto processing.

Odd I have sick moving stuff to a share, but I cant access it after it does, i have to chmod it.

Sab + Sickbeard are running as root by default, so all the files they create are owned by root.root, not nobody.user which makes them inaccessible via user shares.   I have a added the unraid newperms command to the post-processing scripts i use (I don't use the Sickbeard auto-process ones) and it seems to work well.

Here is the line to add to your script (you can also make a script that only does the one thing):

/usr/local/sbin/newperms "$1"

ahh make sense, I need to figure out how to run it as nobody then because I use the auto processing.

If you don't get the apps running as nobody, this should work for you. This requires you install the inotify tools (can be installed from unmenu package manager)

#!/bin/sh
inotifywait -m -r --event close_write --event moved_to /mnt/user/TV/ --format "newperms \"%w\"  " | sh 

this command says wait until the file is completely written (ie. act on finish, not start of copy/move) in the TV user share and then run the newperms commands on everything in the TV folder; this might be a bit disk intensive (and will spinup drives).

You can set the path to whichever user share you are saving the downloads in.

Just save this to a file and start it from the go script -- i use echo "/boot/config/watch_tv.sh" | at now +1 minute so it launches in the background.

I am working on updating the sabnzbd, sickbeard, and couchpotato packages in unMenu so that they run as root under 4.7 and nobody under 5.0bX.

I have most of it completed but have not had a chance to test them out.  I was away at a wedding half the week last week so did not get much of anything accomplished.  Hopefully something will be out over the 4th of July weekend.

Is the cache drive necessary for setting up these apps?  I see from this guide that its not strictly required, but is it generally thought that you should use a cache drive for this series of applications or are you okay to have everything write directly to your parity array?

The ONLY benefit of using a cache drive is that the parity drive will not be kept spinning as writes from those processes are made to the disk it is writing to.  The processes will still need to be terminated before the array can be stopped cleanly... It will wait forever otherwise)

Is the cache drive necessary for setting up these apps?  I see from this guide that its not strictly required, but is it generally thought that you should use a cache drive for this series of applications or are you okay to have everything write directly to your parity array?

The ONLY benefit of using a cache drive is that the parity drive will not be kept spinning as writes from those processes are made to the disk it is writing to.  The processes will still need to be terminated before the array can be stopped cleanly... It will wait forever otherwise)

I see - or believe I do.  I am still very much in beginner-learning mode.  So, according to the linked wiki I could install on to any drive in my array ( substituting /mnt/cache for /mnt/sdX ) and it would still function the same?