unRAID with SABnzbd

Is the cache drive necessary for setting up these apps?  I see from this guide that its not strictly required, but is it generally thought that you should use a cache drive for this series of applications or are you okay to have everything write directly to your parity array?

The ONLY benefit of using a cache drive is that the parity drive will not be kept spinning as writes from those processes are made to the disk it is writing to.  The processes will still need to be terminated before the array can be stopped cleanly... It will wait forever otherwise)

I see - or believe I do.  I am still very much in beginner-learning mode.  So, according to the linked wiki I could install on to any drive in my array ( substituting /mnt/cache for /mnt/sdX ) and it would still function the same?

NO... you never access /dev/sdX directly, you access to their partitions mounted through the /dev/mdX devices on the /mnt/diskX mount point directories, or the /mnt/user/"your-user-share" directories.

If you access /dev/sdX directly, you will corrupt parity and make it useless.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, you can install to any drive as long as you are OK with both that drive and the cache drive running at the same time.

I'm sure you actually meant you wanted to use /mnt/diskX instead of /mnt/cache, right?  ;)

Peter

:o Actually I didn't.  As I say, I'm a beginner and learning as I go.  I don't actually use a cache drive at the moment because its just a media repository for the most part and speed isn't an issue.  Thanks to you and Joe for saving me from myself and not pooching my array.

Is it safe to update sabnzbd, couch potato and sick beard through their web interfaces if they ask for an update or will it stop working?

I have mine installed to /mnt/cache/.custom and update using their web interfaces without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm having a problem with Sickbeards post processing using unRAID beta 5.0 8d basically I get this error message Exit(-1) Cannot run script /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py. Somebody said I may need to CHmod the scripts but I'm not sure how to do this, the scripts are also not shown in the drop down boxes on downloading NZB's. Please can somebody help me

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, any RSS I have the same problem...

I am aware of tvnzb.com.

Perhaps I need to do a clean install...

Clean install deleting all config files and cache directory fixed the problem. Strange.

Now if only SABnZBD would cleanup the cache directory on it's own!

hi... how do you do a clean install and delete all config files/cache directory? i installed via the "install python servers tutorial and i'm experiencing the same problem.

Hey, I'm having a problem with Sickbeards post processing using unRAID beta 5.0 8d basically I get this error message Exit(-1) Cannot run script /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py. Somebody said I may need to CHmod the scripts but I'm not sure how to do this, the scripts are also not shown in the drop down boxes on downloading NZB's. Please can somebody help me

Thanks

cd /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV

chmod u+x *

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running Sabnzbd on Windows for a couple years now.  Thanks to great resources like this, I've managed to get it up and running on my newly built UnRAID server.  It's fast and great!

In the windows world though, I had a script that would run when any "Movie" or "TV" assigned nzb was downloaded.  It basically ran YAMJ to rebuild the YAMJ html files.  In windows I was still on .5.6 so I'm not sure if something has changed between then and the 6.7 I'm running now...

In Windows it would just run a "remote_movie.bat" that called:

C:\yamj\my_yamj.cmd

Every time I downloaded a movie or TV show it sabnzbd would it it in the right place and run that script, my stuff would get rebuilt and life was good.

now, I've created a sabmovies.py script that says:

#/bin/bash

# Include path to Java binary directory
PATH="$PATH:/usr/lib/java/bin"

# Change into YAMJ directory and execute the MovieJukebox script
# The -o option specifies where to put the generated index.htm and Jukebox directory.
cd /mnt/disk1/yamj ; ./MovieJukebox.sh My_Library.xml -o /mnt/user/Video

Sab says it's runing the script for a second then throws a:

Exit(-1) Cannot run script /mnt/user/sabnzbd/scripts/sabmovies.py (More)

the log file says:

2011-08-10 23:03:37,700::INFO::[newsunpack:132] Running external script /mnt/user/sabnzbd/scripts/sabmovies.py(/mnt/user/Video/TV/Britains Got Talent 2009  Susan Boyle, Britains Got Talent 2009  Susan Boyle.nzb, Britains Got Talent 2009  Susan Boyle, , tv, alt.binaries.tv, 0)

So is it running my python script against all that other stuff?  all I want it to do is run my command, not run it against anything.  I just want it to rebuild my YAMJ database.

can anyone lend a very inexperienced Linux fellow a hand?

btw, if I telnet into tower, I can run ./mnt/user/sabnzbd/scripts/sabmovies.py no problem.  I've tried changing the permissions on the file to 777 and 755. 

I'm on day 2 of this and I've tried a lot of stuff, but....i hope this is enough info to help someone help me. 

thanks in advance

with debugging on, here's what I'm getting in the Log file:

2011-08-11 11:48:01,806::INFO::[newsunpack:132] Running external script /mnt/user/sabnzbd/scripts/sabmovies.py(/mnt/user/Video/TV/The Simpsons/Season 20, The Simpsons S20E17 HDTV iTouch GRiFFiN.nzb, The Simpsons S20E17 HDTV iTouch GRiFFiN, , tv, alt.binaries.tv, 0)
2011-08-11 11:48:01,814::DEBUG::[newsunpack:139] Failed script /mnt/user/sabnzbd/scripts/sabmovies.py, Traceback: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/boot/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 137, in external_processing
    startupinfo=stup, env=env, creationflags=creationflags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1139, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error

that mean anything to anyone?

yeah, same thing.  it works great from a console, but not from sabnzd. 

I wish I knew more about linux and how this stuff was running.  Who is the sab system running as when it's launched from the go script?  I presume it's as root (the only user I have set up on the Unraid system)...

thanks though Peter

• 2 weeks later...

thx.  your fix worked for me too.

Does anyone have issues with the par2 repairing?  There are 2 things that happen:

1)  It seems like sometimes sabnzbd gets hung up after repairing.  In this case I will just manually unrar it.

2)  Sometimes the repair starts, but then stops after renaming the files with the .1 extension.  In this case I just double click the par2 and let it repair, and then manually unrar.

Just wondering if anyone else has these issues, and if they've been addressed.

I was having these issues also, fortunately I found a fix that works for me... unfortunately the repair seems to take a little bit longer than what it used to.  I've found that replacing the par2 executable with the one from here: http://code.google.com/p/unraid-weebotech/downloads/list seems to fix the issue.  Like always, YMMV.

Does anyone have issues with the par2 repairing?  There are 2 things that happen:

1)  It seems like sometimes sabnzbd gets hung up after repairing.  In this case I will just manually unrar it.

2)  Sometimes the repair starts, but then stops after renaming the files with the .1 extension.  In this case I just double click the par2 and let it repair, and then manually unrar.

I was having these issues also, fortunately I found a fix that works for me... unfortunately the repair seems to take a little bit longer than what it used to.  I've found that replacing the par2 executable with the one from here: http://code.google.com/p/unraid-weebotech/downloads/list seems to fix the issue.  Like always, YMMV.

I have created a SABnzb package that uses a par2 package for multicore machines.  Just look for "SABnzb unMenu pacakge" in this forum.

I have created a SABnzb package that uses a par2 package for multicore machines.  Just look for "SABnzb unMenu pacakge" in this forum.

Yeah, and a working multi-core par2 which fixes these issues is in the latest dependencies package as well.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

So i feel really dumb asking this question. I have SABnzbd up and running, but I cannot change the download/temp directory on the server. I keep getting a "Cannot create download_dir folder /mnt/disk3/_nzbTemp " error. I'm sure it has something to do with the package being installed on my flash drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So i feel really dumb asking this question. I have SABnzbd up and running, but I cannot change the download/temp directory on the server. I keep getting a "Cannot create download_dir folder /mnt/disk3/_nzbTemp " error. I'm sure it has something to do with the package being installed on my flash drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I believe that error says some thing about your que not being empty, does it not?

if your que is empty and no downloads in progress I have no idea

-=Jason=-

• 2 weeks later...

unRAID is constantly shutting down my sabnzbd and everytime I have keep restarting my sabnzbd.

I am using the following command in my go script to start up sabnzbd:

python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.6:88

The state of the process/server doesnt matter. It shows down while idle, downloading or streaming a movie. On the other the SickBeard python process keeps running.

Can anyone help me out?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i just setup my unraid server and ideally i would like to have all my stuff spread over multiple drives (still trying to figure out what i need to accomplish this).. for example i'd have a folder calls Movies on disk1 and disk2 and ideally (at least i'm thinking) \\tower\Movies would show me all the contents of disk1 and disk2

with sabnzbd, how can i set it to put the stuff i dl into disk 1 and 2 as needed? or can that not be done?

i just setup my unraid server and ideally i would like to have all my stuff spread over multiple drives (still trying to figure out what i need to accomplish this).. for example i'd have a folder calls Movies on disk1 and disk2 and ideally (at least i'm thinking) \\tower\Movies would show me all the contents of disk1 and disk2

with sabnzbd, how can i set it to put the stuff i dl into disk 1 and 2 as needed? or can that not be done?

It can be done. Just use say /mnt/user/Movies as your final storage location.

Be careful about creating new root directories because they will become user shares too and automatically appear on the network.

Peter

awesome, so if i'm understanding right /mnt/user/Movies is the same thing as \\tower\Movies

but if i do that, i will have:

\\tower\user

\\tower\user\Movies

\\tower\user\TV

\\tower\Movies

\\tower\TV

when i browse to the network share?

No, your first line was right. /mnt/user is the filesystem location of the user shares on the server. user won't appear over the network.

Peter

• 1 month later...

I have this manually installed, but am trying to make this run as nobody since I recently switched over to 5.0.  However, I can't seem to get it to work even though I've tried to copy some commands used in prostuff's package.  Could anyone provide me with some pointers?

What I've tried:

change ownership of directories:

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd
chmod 755 /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard

and then some modifications to my go script:

usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1
  su nobody -c 'python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.205:8101'
  su nobody -c 'python /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon'

When I manually type these commands I get told no permission or something similar to that.