unRAID with SABnzbd

I was looking at that before I started with unRAID, I'd love to rock hellaVCR, but getting PHP going turns me off on the idea of running it on unRAID, although the step-by-step instructions posted on this form make it sound not too bad. I like the RSS feed in SAB, but they do download a lot of extra junk sometimes, its more a pain managing it than the waste of bandwidth...

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does nzbget do RSS feeds?

I just started to use sabnzb and I love those rss feeds. It is saving me tons of time.

Has anyone done a comparison out there, feature for feature?

Bubba any chance that sabnzb might become a standard bubbaRaid in the future, assuming everyone votes for it?

Bubba any chance that sabnzb might become a standard bubbaRaid in the future, assuming everyone votes for it?

What gave you the impression this is a democracy and people can vote?  ;D

NZBGet ain't broke, and I'm not adding two programs to do the same functions.  Plus, have you even looked at the dependencies for sabnzb?  No way that will fit on BubbaRaid.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a big advocate of Sab. It got to the point of being "set and forget" quicker than nzbget but nzbget has basically caught up.

I am now porting to nzbget however to be a proper replacement alot of perl scripting needs done. Sure i could use one of the bash scripts but I just dont want to use multi thousand line bash.

Hello,

I was following Romir's posted steps and am having trouble getting things working.  When I try to extract par2cmdline I get the errors listed in the this pic. (You have to zoom to read the terminal)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/P61MKW7q9nLksELFlhprZw?feat=directlink

Then when I start SABnzbd, and try to open the html controls on the ports I assigned I get what you see in the second picture.  Notice the cherry logo in the url bar. (Rightmost firefox window, ignore red pants guy)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/CA4waaJYzFoYz8jNROIHXQ?feat=directlink

I've put the necessary lines in my go script, just confused at this point.  I've been through the steps three times with the same result so I don't think there is anything that I'm just missing.

Any help is appreciated,

Be well,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's been mentioned, but it would be a good idea to keep the log directory off of the flash drive. There's a lot of writes going to it over time.

The trunk build is working even better than the recent releases for me. Versions .46 & .47 would crash half the time I updated the news server configuration. That was the only issue I had and now the trunk build accepts the changes instantly without issue.

No it hadn't been mentioned, lead me to remember that you will also want to move the cache folder and admin folder off of the flash. The admin folder is only for version 0.5+ as it contains the sqlite db that SAB uses to hold the History. This gets written to after every download and grows, not as bad as the logs, but it should be moved, teh cache dir keeps the history (0.4.x) and the queue info.

I believe the above mentioned folders can be changed via the WebUI with the exception of the admin folder, you have to look in the sabnzbd.ini file, for the following line:

admin_dir = admin

and then change it to a directory of your choice (off of the flash).

-Markus

I hadn't noticed the admin folder Markus, thanks for the tip.

It's also worth mentioning that any go script program that uses the cache drive should be put towards the end of the file. The cache drive isn't immediately mounted and available when the go script starts executing. If Sabnzbd can't find the its cache folder, then it won't be able to load its queue. This happens for example when booting an incomplete array. All of the drives remain unmounted when the array is stopped.

Setting a memory article cache to 75m would also cut down on writes to wherever the cache folder is stored. 75mb will fully hold a 50mb file and any overflow that might occur when writing the complete file to disk.

Very good points, I setup a drive outside of the array which seems to work quite well (Going to get a real license soon I hope = a cache drive).

I had my article cache set to 200M before...if you don't have at least 1.5GB RAM, do not set it that high. I was having issues with SAB shutting down, turns out unRAID was killing python to save itself. Ended up adding a SWAP file to my out-of-array drive and it seems better now (at least no issues so far). Set SAB to article cache of 100MB until I get more RAM.

-Markus

I got around to compiling yenc-0.3 last week after getting annoyed that Sabnzbd keeps starting up with "yenc module... NOT found!". The module isn't required so maybe Sabnzbd only looks for it in case there's a newer version than whats built in. Or maybe this module decodes faster. I don't know what the deal is but now it loads with "yenc module... found!". That's good enough for me.

http://www.bibliognome.com/yenc-0.3.zip

Copy yenc.py, yenc.pyc, _yenc.so, and yenc-0.3-py2.5.egg-info from the build directory into /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages

I've used it for a week now without any problems.

I've been running the trunk version of SABnzbd (Will be version 0.5 one day), it works flawlessly as well. The only thing you need to add to the previous install is SQLite3 (they now have the history in a DB instead of some weird file).

Enjoy,

Markus

I tried to run 0.5, but ran into problems with the sqllite3. Where is the sqllite package to be placed? What is the name of the package?

Thanks,

Roland

I had to start over with my config so I ran .47 with on port 86 (ex. launch with -s 192.168.1.11:86) and the trunk on port 88. It didn't take long to copy and paste everything over.

I've tried to replicate this on my test machine but haven't been able to. The trunk version starts right up after installing the sqllite3 package. I was using an older version, sqlite3-3.4.0-i486-1kjz.tgz, but the latest works for me as well.

Edit: nm