unRAID with SABnzbd

This worked like gangbusters for me! I love it.

I just downloaded the All in One package Romir posted on Page 4

http://www.bibliognome.com/unraid/SABnzbd-0.5.0-i586-unRAID.tgz

Copied it to the dir on the flash

Added this to my Go Script

# SABnzbd Install

cd /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/SABnzbd/

installpkg *.tgz

python SABnzbd.py -d -f /boot/custom/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.ini

And then opened up http://tower:88

and it was done.

Awesome Job folks. 

Ok, i downloaded the .tgz, put it in the /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/SABnzbd/ folder.

if I do the steps manually in putty, it installs fine, it runs all good.

doesnt work in the GO file. I see a python process running, but can't login to the server.

I must do a killall python, then manually redo the installpkg and the other line to start...

and if I understand correctly, each time I run the installpgk *.tgz it unpack the tgz and install the package right?

plus another question...

I notice the my ini file in the /boot/custom/SABnzbd is not being updated when I make a change in SABnzbd, but the one in the package folder is...

I'm a newbie when it comes to linux so i'm trying to understand..

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's my SABnzbd install in my go script:

# SABnzbd
echo "Installing SABnzbd..."
installpkg /boot/packages/SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.tgz >null
python /boot/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.0.46:1234 -f /boot/config/sabnzbd.ini

Works reliably every time.

Ya, but you use the Dependencies package. I want to use the all in one. Anyways, for now, it's not like I reboot my unRaid very often! hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Something strange recently started to occur. My RSS feeds which have been working for a year or more now, suddenly do not work any more and on non of the 5 rss sites I use. If I go to those sites and manully download the nzb to the download dir, it works.

It sees the nzb's on the site, but the queue lists them as fetching nzb and days latter still fetching, so I end up deleting them.

I was running 5 Beta and upgraded to the 5 final listed here on the site (All in one package), and the same thing.

I just upgraded to version 0.5.2 today and got an error "ImportError: No module named message" when I tried to restart.  I found that with this upgrade you cannot simply copy over your older version, which is what I normally have done since that was easier.  Anyway, I deleted the sabnzbd subdirectory that contains all the python files and copied the the new version and it started up fine.  I just thought I'd post this in case others upgraded the same way I do and run into this error.

This is where I found out what was going on.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=4249.msg30808#msg30808

Nope, any RSS I have the same problem...

I am aware of tvnzb.com.

Perhaps I need to do a clean install...

Clean install deleting all config files and cache directory fixed the problem. Strange.

Now if only SABnZBD would cleanup the cache directory on it's own!

does any one have a package for sabnzbd 0.5.2? oh and how do you guys use sabnzbd to send the files to empty hard drives without having to change directory when a hard drive gets full? i tried to put in the smb share but that didn't work.

does any one have a package for sabnzbd 0.5.2? oh and how do you guys use sabnzbd to send the files to empty hard drives without having to change directory when a hard drive gets full? i tried to put in the smb share but that didn't work.

Not sure if you asking for the sabnzbd files or the dependencies that unraid needs to have in order to run it.  You just run the python source on unraid which you can download from http://sabnzbd.org/download/.

If you were asking about the packages needed to run sabnzbd grab the SABnzbdDependencies package here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274

For the second part of your question, just specify the user share directory you want to use, i.e, /mnt/user/...

Thanks that makes sense didn't know aoubt the mnt/usr/ i was using the mnt/disk1 :( . Where do you guys put your cache,logs,incomplete directory's for sabnzbd? is it best to put it on a cache drive? and how would that work if for example sabnzbd is busy and the files get moved over to the parity drives?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any issues on my system but then again I'm using an Intel Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz mobile CPU and have SAB writing to a cache disk. I routinely have usenet pulls active at 20-25 mbit/sec and running Folding@Home (distributed computing client) in the background while serving 1080p HD content from array drives via SAMBA. I haven't encountered any glitches.

hi all,

i followed romir's instructions on page 4 and set up SABnzbd over the weekend. it works perfectly and i've since used it to grab a few things.

late last night, the flash drive (last then a week old!) died and was no longer recognised. i reformated and setup SABnzbd a second time (much quicker than the first time) and it still works a treat!

thanks all!

Okay, so I got this running using the AIO package from page 4 for SABnzbd+ 0.5.2.  Everything appears to work fine, but now I want to run Sick Beard, also.  Sick Beard needs python 2.6 and a newer version of Cheetah (>2.4, I think).  I have no idea how to make this happen.  I found this quote on page 5:

The packages aren't hard to update either. Install pkgtools, extract the package tgz to a new directory, update or change whatever files you want, and run makepkg in the directory.

Seems simple enough, but I'm stuck at the beginning on installing pkgtools.  Searching Google repeatedly sent me to http://packages.slackware.it/, which doesn't seem to help.

Can python and cheetah be updated in the AIO package.  Or can I get a guide to update the package myself?

Thanks!

Looks like I have broken a share and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I got SABnzbd running fine but when I was setting up the monitoring folder me not knowing much about linux decided to point it to what I thought was a folder on my Video share.

Of course I typed Video in lower case so now I have;

/mnt/user/Video

/mnt/user/video

All my movies are under the one with the capital but when I browse to it using smb fom my win 7 pc it only sees the lowercase one which just contains a '~unsorted' folder I created.

I have a few TB of movies on there and really don't want to lose them.

If I browse to the /mnt/disk1 I can see both the 'Video' and 'video' folders.

Is there any easy way to fix this? Do I just delete the lowercase one and that will fix the share in windows?

Thanks for you help.

Added some attachments not sure if they will be any help

Capture1.JPG.8eccf9604d6466cd93384a426a23a4c7.JPG

Capture.JPG.1f3fba8c15cf42ebdc038a6ca783b869.JPG

Looks like I have broken a share and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I got SABnzbd running fine but when I was setting up the monitoring folder me not knowing much about linux decided to point it to what I thought was a folder on my Video share.

Of course I typed Video in lower case so now I have;

/mnt/user/Video

/mnt/user/video

All my movies are under the one with the capital but when I browse to it using smb fom my win 7 pc it only sees the lowercase one which just contains a '~unsorted' folder I created.

I have a few TB of movies on there and really don't want to lose them.

If I browse to the /mnt/disk1 I can see both the 'Video' and 'video' folders.

Is there any easy way to fix this? Do I just delete the lowercase one and that will fix the share in windows?

Thanks for you help.

You can delete the"video" folder, but only if it is empty.

I'd do something like this:

mv /mnt/disk1/video/*  mnt/disk1/Video/

It will move all the files and sub-directories in the lower case directory to the upper case directory.

Then you can just type:

rmdir /mnt/disk1/video

Great thanks, if I do that from /mnt/disk1 will it automatically remove it from /mnt/user as well?

Also is it possible to put a spare drive in the unraid box but don't add it to the array or add it as a cache disk but still be abe to access from windows?

I would prefer to just use a stand alone hard drive for SABnzbd but don't want a cache disk. Or can you not browse to \\tower\disknumber\ if it's not in the array?

Great thanks, if I do that from /mnt/disk1 will it automatically remove it from /mnt/user as well?

/mnt/user is just a virtual unioned view of what is on the /mnt/disk*.  It will automatically be updated to reflect your moves.

Also is it possible to put a spare drive in the unraid box but don't add it to the array or add it as a cache disk but still be abe to access from windows?

I would prefer to just use a stand alone hard drive for SABnzbd but don't want a cache disk. Or can you not browse to \\tower\disknumber\ if it's not in the array?

Yes, you'll need to create a mount point, mount it, and add entries to /boot/config/smb-extra.conf to advertise it as a share on the LAN.

Basic technique is described here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5519.0

I have been writing a guide for getting SABznbd and sickbeard running on Unraid, the current rough draft of it is here http://www.lockstockmods.net/?p=153 its mostly for my own benefit for when i hose my installation, i have something to follow to get it working again.

If you look about half way down i have put the lines for the go script as

# Start SABnzbd and sickbeard

installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.tgz

python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.6:88

nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &

but when i ps x only sickbeard is running, if i manually type python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.6:88 it then works, what am i doing wrong?