unRAID with SABnzbd

It seems I might have jumped the gun as the 15 downloads I have done since only two have

had problems. All I did was setup the correct time in UNRAID as it was running 8 hours out of sync!

You can also just copy over the par2 file to

/usr/bin

(on startup).

By the way, would it be faster/better if you extract the downloads directly to the array instead of the cache disk? I mean, after the unparring/unrarring has finished.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've recently upgraded my unRAID server from a Atom based system (Supermicro) to a MSI H55-GD65 with a Pentium G6950 (Clarkdale 2.8GHz).

In the beginning I had severe stability problems, where the server would stop responding and disappear from the network, and what appears to be caused by a faulty DDR3 module. I removed one of the dual channel kit modules and unRAID is stable since.

Sabnzbd, however, frequently quits with one of the following error messages in the syslog (usually when par-checking/repairing):

Jun 28 14:09:42 Prometheus kernel: python[16827]: segfault at 56 ip b77d692d sp b7017380 error 4 in libpython2.5.so.1.0[b7701000+10a000]

or

Jun 28 08:57:25 Prometheus kernel: python[22485]: segfault at a480 ip b7494ae3 sp b2ef8c34 error 6 in libc-2.7.so[b7433000+146000]

Could this still be caused by faulty hardware or is it something else?

Could this still be caused by faulty hardware or is it something else?

Most likely memory not configured as needed.

Did you set the memory Voltage, Timing, and Clock Speed  to that specified by the manufacturer of your Make/Model RAM strips?  Or, did you just let the BIOS do it for you?

Some BIOS get it right.  some get it very wrong.  Your other memory strip might not have been bad, just a tiny bit less tolerant of incorrect settings.

Joe L.

What does a 12+ hour run of memtest say?

Most likely memory not configured as needed.

Did you set the memory Voltage, Timing, and Clock Speed  to that specified by the manufacturer of your Make/Model RAM strips?   Or, did you just let the BIOS do it for you?

Some BIOS get it right.  some get it very wrong.  Your other memory strip might not have been bad, just a tiny bit less tolerant of incorrect settings.

Joe L.

Well, you were both right. The Memtest immediately started spitting out errors. The DRAM voltage was set to 1.8V, what seemed to be according to specs. But the real specs were staring me in the face: it said "7-7-7 @ 1.6V" on the label. Set it to 1.6V in the BIOS, NO MORE ERROS!

Thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also running the latest SABnzbd. It was a simple drop in replacement for the previous version, just kept the old config file.

Do the old dependencies (SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.gz) still work? I'm at .5.0C6 I believe and when I upgraded to UnRaid 4.5.6 SABnzbd it will no longer load from the Go script. But when I load it manually it works fine, no idea why.

If you only want to kill all pythons, try: killall python.

In the future use WGET to hit the SABnzbd web API to shut it down.

/usr/bin/wget -q --delete-after http://SAB_HOSTNAME:SAB_PORT/sabnzbd/api?mode=shutdown&apikey=INSERT_HEXIDECIMAL_KEY_HERE

Here's some snippets of code from my rc.sabnzbd script used to shutdown sabnzbd. First are some common definition sections, then is the command to gracefully attempt to stop SABnzbd.

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

SSD=/sbin/start-stop-daemon

WGET=/usr/bin/wget

SABNZBD=/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SABnzbd-0.5/SABnzbd.py

DESC="usenet client"

NAME=SABnzbd

DAEMON=/usr/bin/python2.6

DAEMON_ARGS="-OO $SABNZBD $SAB_ARGS"

PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid

SCRIPTNAME=/etc/rc.d/$NAME

SAB_HOSTNAME=IP_ADDRESS

SAB_PORT=PORT

SAB_CONFIGNAME=/home/$USERNAME/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

SAB_ARGS="--server ${SAB_HOSTNAME}:${SAB_PORT} --config-file ${SAB_CONFIGNAME}"

SAB_URL_SHUTDOWN="http://${SAB_HOSTNAME}:${SAB_PORT}/sabnzbd/api?mode=shutdown&apikey=INSERT_HEXIDECIMAL_KEY_HERE"

Now the command to stop SAB:

$WGET -q --delete-after $SAB_URL_SHUTDOWN

If that doesn't work, I use something I installed that makes daemons easier to start and stop, start-stop-daemon. I can't remember where I picked it up from, but it's been used in some other rc.d scripts.

$SSD --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/10/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON

RETVAL="$?"

[ "$RETVAL" = 2 ] && return 2

Is this the most simplest method to shutdown sabnzbd, i want something that shuts down sabnzbd when the powerdown script it run during power failure

Edit: Updated to the finals versions at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274. Sorry about not including the two files for par2 in the RC. I was wondering why I had an increase in failed downloads over the last month.

Here's a long overdue update to my packages. I've brought all the components up to date and rebuilt the packages from scratch around Python 2.6.5.  Both have been tested since this weekend, without any issues, but because of all the updates I don't feel confident posting them as finals yet.

These are tentatively considered release candidates for now.

Changes:

Updated Python to 2.6.5, Sqlite3 to 3.7.0, Cheetah to 2.4.2.1, pyOpenSSL to 0.10, and Infozip to 6.0.

SABnzbdDependencies-2.0rc-i486-unRAID.tgz

MD5: EB15365D75C250EA2D56CA5B8DBB8148

SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz

MD5: 9D9E1964B790EF2D800ED91213E229F5

Maybe I'm missing something, but what/why is SQLite a required dependency?

Its been used to store the history database since 0.5.0. I compiled Python with it as a module so it actually might not be required separately.

The 10mb gain in package size was almost entirely Python 2.6.5.

SickBeard also uses sqlite for its dbs.

I did not know that. I run under a full Slackware Distro so never stumbled across missing libraries. None of their (SABnzbd) Linux install directions ever mentioned SQLite at all, so it came as a bit of a surprise to me. Thanks for explaining.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what/why is SQLite a required dependency?

Its been used to store the history database since 0.5.0. I compiled Python with it as a module so it actually might not be required separately.

The 10mb gain in package size was almost entirely Python 2.6.5.

SickBeard also uses sqlite for its dbs.

Thanks for updating these!  Everything is working Great so far!

I get an error installing the SABnzbD package after installing the dependencies :-

root@Tower:/boot# installpkg SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz
Verifying package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz.
Installing package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Executing install script for SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 63, in <module>
    import sabnzbd
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 66, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.nzbqueue as nzbqueue
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/nzbqueue.py", line 37, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.assembler
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/assembler.py", line 40, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.postproc
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/postproc.py", line 41, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.emailer as emailer
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/emailer.py", line 218, in <module>
    from email.Message import Message
ImportError: No module named Message
* SABnzbd has been installed and can be accessed at:
* http://192.168.1.150:88/
Package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz installed.

Thanks for the package Romir, just wanted to let you know that libtbb.so and libtbb.so.2 that par2 needs are missing from the new dependencies package.

Until the package has been updated I've copied them manually to /usr/lib and par2 is working as expected.

Thanks!