unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit of a noob. My par repair fails too. Could you paste a link to where I can download libtbb.so and libtbb.so.2 - I'm a little unsure of what they are and where to download them.

I extracted them from the previous package: SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.tgz which you can download from http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274

I'm still far from proficient with the command line myself, so I just used winrar to place libtbb.so and libtbb.so.2 on my flash drive (via \\tower\flash), then copied them with the following commands:

cd /boot
cp libtbb.so* /usr/lib

I didn't bother adding to the go script, I'll just wait for a new package and copy these manually if I need to.

Here's a long overdue update to my packages.

Thank you Romir!  I've updated my install and things seem great so far!

Guess I spoke a bit too soon.  I am running into the same issue with par now.  I followed jk2587's example and have it working again (and will wait for a new dependencies package).  Thanks!

Ok, i downloaded the .tgz, put it in the /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/SABnzbd/ folder.

if I do the steps manually in putty, it installs fine, it runs all good.

doesnt work in the GO file. I see a python process running, but can't login to the server.

I must do a killall python, then manually redo the installpkg and the other line to start...

and if I understand correctly, each time I run the installpgk *.tgz it unpack the tgz and install the package right?

plus another question...

I notice the my ini file in the /boot/custom/SABnzbd is not being updated when I make a change in SABnzbd, but the one in the package folder is...

I'm a newbie when it comes to linux so i'm trying to understand..

I think you can only use the -f option if you are using sabnzbd + dependencies. Not the AIO package. Can someone confirm this?

I get an error installing the SABnzbD package after installing the dependencies :-

root@Tower:/boot# installpkg SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz
Verifying package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz.
Installing package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Executing install script for SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz.
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 63, in <module>
   import sabnzbd
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 66, in <module>
   import sabnzbd.nzbqueue as nzbqueue
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/nzbqueue.py", line 37, in <module>
   import sabnzbd.assembler
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/assembler.py", line 40, in <module>
   import sabnzbd.postproc
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/postproc.py", line 41, in <module>
   import sabnzbd.emailer as emailer
 File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/emailer.py", line 218, in <module>
   from email.Message import Message
ImportError: No module named Message
* SABnzbd has been installed and can be accessed at:
* http://192.168.1.150:88/
Package SABnzbd-0.5.3-i586-unRAID-1rc.tgz installed.

I get this error too. Seems like Python module isn't being installed properly. Anyone have any ideas?

I extracted them from the previous package: SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.tgz which you can download from http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274

I'm still far from proficient with the command line myself, so I just used winrar to place libtbb.so and libtbb.so.2 on my flash drive (via \\tower\flash), then copied them with the following commands:

cd /boot
cp libtbb.so* /usr/lib

I didn't bother adding to the go script, I'll just wait for a new package and copy these manually if I need to.

If I just add the above text to my go script will it just work automatically each time?

if you copied those 2 files to the root of your flash drive it will.

Thanks, worked a treat.

I have another slight issue I hope someone can help me with.

I have Sickbeard running almost perfectly but one issue remains.  I have my default shares setup as follows:

/disk1/MoviesHD

/disk2/MoviesHD

/disk3/TV

However I want to setup personal shares as soon I will be adding another disk for more TV which would be allocated as

/disk4/TV

I started the user shares bit in the menu and it gave me two shares based on the top level directories I had

/MoviesHD

/TV

However when I browse in Sickbeard to Add Shows it can only see my original shares and not the two additional ones I added.  This will be no use when I add another drive for my TV and it is no use when using my cache drive to allocate downloaded files to the places with the most space.

I tried browsing under

/mnt/

but all I see is

/disk1

/disk2

/disk3

/cache

Anyone have a possible solution I could use?

Cheers

I don't want to look like an idiot  ::) .... but can someone please help with installing SABnzbd.

I've looked at the post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274 which says to "install on boot".

Can someone please explain how? I've only just installed Unraid and a definite linux newbie.

Also....does SABnzb require a cache drive be used?

Cheers

I don't want to look like an idiot  ::) .... but can someone please help with installing SABnzbd.

I've looked at the post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274 which says to "install on boot".

Can someone please explain how? I've only just installed Unraid and a definite linux newbie.

Also....does SABnzb require a cache drive be used?

Cheers

I used this guide http://www.lockstockmods.net/2010/06/03/unraid-with-sabnzbd-and-sickbeard/

A couple of the files are a little bit out of date now (two or three months) but I found it useful to get me going till I learned a bit more.

Hey guys, I am pretty new, and I succesfully deployed both Sabnzbd 0.5.4 and sickbeard following kode's tutorial from http://www.lockstockmods.net/2010/06/03/unraid-with-sabnzbd-and-sickbeard/ with a few minor tweaks (change sabnzbd to 0.5.4) and using /mnt/user/Share-name instead of cache as my downloads folder.  I installed to cache drive, as it makes sense, and things seem to be running ok after a few hours. 

Has anyone seen any issues with their drives not spinning down?  I read the post about that happening if you had the black hole directory it kept trying to look for, so I did not enable that in either sabnzbd or sickbeard in hopes that my drives will spin down.

Another question is I tried to stop the array yesterday and it just would not stop it, I was wondering if I manually needed to shutdown sickbeard and sabnzbd before attempting to stop the array.

Any ports you guys recommend to use other than the 88 for sab and 8081 for sickbeard?

Hey guys, I am pretty new, and I succesfully deployed both Sabnzbd 0.5.4 and sickbeard following kode's tutorial from http://www.lockstockmods.net/2010/06/03/unraid-with-sabnzbd-and-sickbeard/ with a few minor tweaks (change sabnzbd to 0.5.4) and using /mnt/user/Share-name instead of cache as my downloads folder.  I installed to cache drive, as it makes sense, and things seem to be running ok after a few hours. 

Has anyone seen any issues with their drives not spinning down?  I read the post about that happening if you had the black hole directory it kept trying to look for, so I did not enable that in either sabnzbd or sickbeard in hopes that my drives will spin down.

Another question is I tried to stop the array yesterday and it just would not stop it, I was wondering if I manually needed to shutdown sickbeard and sabnzbd before attempting to stop the array.

Any ports you guys recommend to use other than the 88 for sab and 8081 for sickbeard?

Use lsof to check for open files :

lsof | grep /mnt

If there are files open you won't be able to shut the array down.

I do have powerdown installed from unmenu, I did not find how to execute it though. The only one I found was on unraid-web had a shutdown feature.

Also does anyone recommend a good media manager that can run on the unraid box. I currently use Ember Media Manager to scrape, rename and add info to my movies, but I want to get away from requiring interaction from a windows machine over the network if I can somehow automate it on the unraid server.  Is there any web based one that would do the function Ember Media Manager does for my Movies?  Sickbeard has my tv shows all under control.

I do have powerdown installed from unmenu, I did not find how to execute it though. The only one I found was on unraid-web had a shutdown feature.

You type at the command line:

/sbin/powerdown

Also does anyone recommend a good media manager that can run on the unraid box. I currently use Ember Media Manager to scrape, rename and add info to my movies, but I want to get away from requiring interaction from a windows machine over the network if I can somehow automate it on the unraid server.  Is there any web based one that would do the function Ember Media Manager does for my Movies?  Sickbeard has my tv shows all under control.

I am not aware of any web-based utilities at all.  Sorry. You might check the XBMC forums and see if they mention anything.

Joe,

Is is possible to add a button for powerdown like the one to put the sytem in standby mode?

Sure.  But since the buttons are simply tiny scripts, you can do it yourself.

Run these commands

echo '#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Power Down' >/boot/unmenu/99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown

echo '#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Power Down the unRAID server' >>/boot/unmenu/99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown

echo '#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST [ -x /sbin/powerdown ] && echo "Power Down"' >>/boot/unmenu/99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown

echo 'echo "<pre>"' >>/boot/unmenu/99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown

echo '/sbin/powerdown' >>/boot/unmenu/99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown

Note: the button will not show itself unless you install the powerdown package.

Joe L.