D-316M Server Case

Anyone know some of the specs for the D-316M server case?  What motherboards are supported, ATX, microATX, miniATX?  I'm assuming only microATX because I only see 4 expansion slots on the back.

Is a standard ATX power supply supported, or does it take a special 3u power supply?

The trayless hot-swap drive bays are iStarUSA brand like the case?

We updated the D-316M server case page with this information:

- Accepts mini-ITX or micro-ATX motherboards.

- Accepts standard PC-style ATX power supply.

- The included 3.5" drive cages are a pair of iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS

http://www.istarusa.com/istarusa/products.php?model=BPN-DE350SS

- The optional 2.5" drive cages are a pair of iStarUSA BPN-2535DE-SA

http://www.istarusa.com/istarusa/products.php?model=BPN-2535DE-SA

(note we haven't updated the picture yet which still shows the older BPU-2535's)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the noise level of this case at idle and during a parity check? I like the design, but I stopped buying cases with small 60mm fans years ago. I'm hoping the answer is "nearly silent to noticeable but not annoying".  :D

With the fans at full speed they sound like 60mm case fans  ;)  However they can be controlled by the m/b to run at much lower rpm - they are not silent but they are not annoying.  You probably don't want the server in the same room as your home theater but in an a/v closet would be fine.  That said, I've heard some projector fans louder than this...

• 5 months later...

I ordered and received my D-316M case and I have a question about the power switch. Is it suppose to be spring loaded or a regular toggle switch? Mine appears to be a spring loaded switch.

ATX spec is for a momentary contact low current switch attached to the motherboard power switch pins. AC power is not normally switched off during regular use, but there may be a toggle switch in the back by the power cord for the AC power. Some PSU's have it, some don't.

ATX spec is for a momentary contact low current switch attached to the motherboard power switch pins. AC power is not normally switched off during regular use, but there may be a toggle switch in the back by the power cord for the AC power. Some PSU's have it, some don't.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered and received my D-316M case and I have a question about the power switch. Is it suppose to be spring loaded or a regular toggle switch? Mine appears to be a spring loaded switch.

Sorry for the late reply.. The switch on the front of the chassis is a spring loaded momentary switch, but it does look like a toggle.  The switch on the back of the chassis right on the power supply is a true On/Off toggle.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...