3TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 for $99 with promo code EMCXWXM26

kricker

Best preclear the daylights out of that drive.  It has some seriously negative reviews.  Those, coupled with a manufacturer's warranty- that begins ticking away as soon as it's manufactured, means you'd best hammer it hard from day 1.

I have 5 of them.  2 as OEM drives and 3 of the Retail version.  All are working perfectly no problems had the OEMs for almost a year now.  I think it is a newegg problem with shipping.  Have you seen the way they package OEM drives nowadays?

Have you seen the way they package OEM drives nowadays?

I know what you mean;  my last one came wrapped in one layer of air cushion inside a box not much bigger than the drive.  I wonder how the manufacturer would feel about in-warranty RMA returns that were similarly packaged.

I've gotten them sent to me with the paper wrapping that doesn't fill a huge box and just a plastic shell around the drive (no padding on the plastic shell).  They were in the bottom of the box with the paper padding on the top so any hits the bottom of the box took went directly to the drives also.  That is why I purchased three of the Toshiba's in their retail packaging when Newegg had them on sale.  I use to think Superbiiz was great until I got the same lousy packaging on my last purchase from them.  I've seen others complain about Amazon although so far I've been lucky with them.  But that is why I buy OEM drives in multiples.  Hopefully that way I will get at least one useable drive from the shipment.  Got some UPS's recently that had the same horrible packaging - Huge air bubble to fill box.  One box it was OK the other the bubble burst so it essentially had no protection.  If the UPS didn't have it's own box I would have had to send it back.  And that reminds me I need to put a review up about it on Newegg.  Can't give them 1 star because it wasn't CyberPower's fault.