Anyone close to Marshville, NC 28103 that can have a look at my unRaid?

I'm having problems with my computer connecting to the server and I was wondering if anyone knowledgeable could come here and look at it.

I don't mind paying something reasonable. I AM in a bit of a hurry. The problem is intermittent. I can sometimes see what's on the server and two minutes

later, it says it cannot connect...?

THanks and please email me at info AT totaldesignz DOT COM

George

I'm nowhere near you, but this should be resolvable with a bit of troubleshooting on your part.

When you say you can't connect, do you mean the GUI won't display ... or that you can't get to it with Windows Explorer?

If the latter, is it not displaying in the Network list, or are you not able to get to it even if you type the address in the Windows Explorer address bar?  [e.g. \\Tower ]

Do you have any add-ons installed?   

And, finally, what version are you using?

The issue seems to be intermittent.

He can get to the server for a little while, but then come back to it and nothing.  It will tell him that the location is no longer available.

The Windows machine was recently set up anew and that is the only thing that has changed on the network that I am aware of.

He is still running 4.7 (so no addons/unMenu packages)

I'd first check all ethernet cables (switch them out even) and keep them away from any other electrical wiring.

Trying setting a static IP on the unraid server. Also try turning off "Master Browser" in unRaid if it's on.

On the Windows box open a command prompt and type:

C:\ipconfig /flushdns

C:\arp * -d

Nope, rebooting doesn't help.

Here's what happens. I reboot and cant' access the server. IF I open it in firefox, it asks me for login and password and then shows everything that you normally see.

Now, if I don't do that (login through the browser, I can't see it at all but if I log in, I can). I now go to WINDOWS explorer and when I click on the server in there, a login and pass thing comes up.

I log in and now it tells me it cannot access it.

Rebooted, did the whole thing and this time, BEFORE logging in, I saw the contents and then when I logged in, it disappeared.

The funky part is that when it's trying to log in, it says log in to TOWER which is what my server is called, BUT, in the same window it says that I'm logging in to the computer which is called E8600???

SOmetimes I can see the drives n' such but I cannot go further down into the server (ie, files and so on).

This was not a problem before and I still had win7 in 64 bit...?

I'd first check all ethernet cables (switch them out even) and keep them away from any other electrical wiring.

Trying setting a static IP on the unraid server. Also try turning off "Master Browser" in unRaid if it's on.

On the Windows box open a command prompt and type:

C:\ipconfig /flushdns

C:\arp * -d

I did that, nothing..

I can also try to map the server in which case I get to choose a letter, browse for a drive or whatever, choose that but when I click on to map it, it says it can't connect or whatever.

HOW the hell can I see it in my browser (Firefox) but not in win explorer?

Have you tried

net use * /delete

from Windows Command Prompt?

Is there anything in Control Panel - User Accounts - Credential Manager?

WIndows credentials

Tower (the server name)              Modified 10/22/2013

Internet or network address;  TOWER

User name: E8600\xxxxx  (E8600 is my workstation name)

Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

PErsistence: Enterprise