SageTV Crashing from unraid sources only

Hey guys I could use some help and I don't even know where to look.  I had strange crashing on my SageTV server and thought java was updated.  Java wasn't updated and I somehow figured out if I copied my recordings from unraid to the local drive for viewing the crashing no longer occurred.  I was running RC5 when I discovered this.  Yesterday I upgraded to the latest release version thinking that would fix my problems.  Well I just tested and it crashed my STB for sagetv again.  In terms of changes throughout the installation there are none that I can think off.  I can say that the only recent "thing" I have done is delete probably a hundred or more recordings off of my unraid installation that I will never look at again.

When re-setting up my unraid installation I noticed that there were times when I would click on a link to go to something to administer and it would give me a blank page.  A subsequent refresh would then bring the page up.  Not sure if this is a symptom of a bigger problem. 

Any direction pointing or logs to check would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Neil

Hi Neil

I use sage with a fairly recent 5.0 RC (can't remember...)  and I haven't had issues.  In fact, I did a reinstall of sage on a new box and temporarily write all my recordings (4 tuners) to the cache drive without obvious problems.  So all out compatibility problem should not be the issue.

Do you only get crashes playing back recording or do you have issues playing back imported media too?  I'm wondering if it's related to the size of the file or the throughput of unraid.

G

This is an entirely new development I have been running Rc5 since it came out without any incidents like this at all.  Flawless is more like it.  Like I said the only obvious change recently made (other than upgrading to stable which was after the issue started) was the mass delete of old recordings.

Thanks,

Neil