[SOLVED] 5.0 upgrade issues: Requesting unMenu Plugins and SMART test help

Trying to upgrade to unRAID 5.0, I've hit 3 major issues so far.  The first, flash drive failure, I'm currently dealing with (ordered new one off newegg, will email new ID for a key request when it comes in :) Luckily, since I was trying to upgrade, I have a backup from about 10 minutes before failure!).  Issues 2 and 3, however, have me needing some help please.

1)  Unmenu is installed, and boots just fine.  I can download and install packages through the UnMenu package manager, but when I tell them to reinstall on reboot, they don't.  I don't have to redownload them, but I'm having to reinstall all plugins each reboot!  Is there a manual fix for this? What am I doing wrong?  Any ideas?  I ran the permissions utility after installing 5.0, and  didn't run into any troubles...The unMenu directory is in /unmenu (which becomes /root/unmenu when the server is running), and seems to startup just fine.  My go script, however, doesn't seem to be getting edited (/config/go) which is (I think?) what unMenu is supposed to do?

2) BubbaRaid had a graph-based SMART history feature, which let you easily see failing disks by a sharply increasing bad sector count over time.  Is there any plugin in 5.0 what will let you see this?  UnMenu seems to let you see current SMART test, but I don't see any way to easily view changes in disk performance over time.  There's a Smart History tab, but it gives a Sorry: cannot run smarthistory. The /boot/smarthistory directory does not exist. error when I try and use it?  How do I setup this feature? Do I simply need to create the directory on the flashdrive?  Is there a plugin I need?

Thanks for the help!

Zithras

For #2, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for.  Downloaded, set Cron to run daily, fixed.

For #1, my flashdrive was actually working fine, and nothing was set to read-only that shouldn't have been.

I eventually figured out the problem though - I have the old 'startup/custom script setup' structure on my flashdrive, with custom/etc/init.d and rc.d files on the drive.  UnMenu apparently looks for these and adds the 'reinstall on reboot' line to a custom script in rc.d if the directory exists, and my ServerStartup.sh was only configured to run those files which I want, not everything I put into rc.d.  After I copypasted the autoinstall line from /custom/etc/rc.d/S10-install_custom_packages into my ServerStartup.sh unMenu packages started reinstalling just fine.

An obvious solution in retrospect, but I had a bit of a hard time figuring out how unMenu handled autoinstalls - perhaps something to be added into the install documentation (or is it there and I just missed it)?

Archived