Black Friday 32GB Cruzer USB Flash $7.99

graphicsman

A good friend of mine is a manager at radio shack, think ill have her pick a few up for me. She'll already be fighting the crowd, no reason for both of us to.

My black Friday records are impressive, I talk to employees to find out where the items I'm interested in will be placed, get there a little early, listen to an audiobook while waiting, doors open, I'm in and out in under 10 minutes. I've walked out of Walmart with a tv, camera and 2 32 gigabyte Sd cards from 5 am door opening to 5:07 I was pulling out of the parking lot.

A good friend of mine is a manager at radio shack, think ill have her pick a few up for me. She'll already be fighting the crowd, no reason for both of us to.

My black Friday records are impressive, I talk to employees to find out where the items I'm interested in will be placed, get there a little early, listen to an audiobook while waiting, doors open, I'm in and out in under 10 minutes. I've walked out of Walmart with a tv, camera and 2 32 gigabyte Sd cards from 5 am door opening to 5:07 I was pulling out of the parking lot.

I went to a BestBuy 10 years ago on Black Friday about a half hour before they opened that morning.  There were 300+ people ahead of me in line.  The line was stretched past 5 other stores in the strip mall.  Took a half hour after they opened just to get to the front door.  Don't do that any more.  Just order online now.
Don't do that any more.  Just order online now.

It's sad that my favorite Brick & Mortar store, J&R Music world on Park Row NYC has diminished so much because of this.

These used to have stores that spanned the whole block, now it's down to 2 stores.

While I am also to blame, I think the lack of sales tax and free shipping has been my reason.

Don't do that any more.  Just order online now.

It's sad that my favorite Brick & Mortar store, J&R Music world on Park Row NYC has diminished so much because of this.

These used to have stores that spanned the whole block, now it's down to 2 stores.

While I am also to blame, I think the lack of sales tax and free shipping has been my reason.

I still visit BestBuy I just don't do so on Black Friday I order from them online.  What makes me order online from other sellers is price and selection.  When I use to have a local CompUSA store I would go there over BestBuy because they had a bigger selection of computer equipment.  At BestBuy it almost seems like computer equipment is an after thought - at least for things like accessories for desktops.

I remember one year, my first best buy year, I waited in line all night because WD 1TB Black drives went on sale for 39.99 and I bought 6.  All 6 to this day are still running strong.  Sadly, that next year they had the flood and all drives went sky high.

I can't imagine a sale good enough to get me to stand in line for hours just to save a few $$    :)

I've been retired for a dozen years, and live on a relatively fixed income ... but I still consider my time worth more than I'd save at these sales.    Plus, the online retailers have some VERY good sales that come "close enough" for me !!

... it's SOOOOO much easier to shop via "point and click"  :)

By the way, despite the fact that I'm as guilty as the next guy in causing this phenomenon, I agree with WeeboTech that it's a shame the old-line retailers have been so badly hurt by on-line stores.    Just as the "superstores" have killed all the little mom-and-pop retailers that were so prevalent a few decades ago.