I keep getting a message that there is not enough space on my drives SOLVED

nsp24

As far as I am aware the share setting are ok, I selected use cache disk could this be causing the problem. Also I have just updated my main pc and I have tried over night to copy data back from my server and it had stopped with an error message saying that "Error 0x8007003B an unexpected network error occurred"

could my issue be with my pc and not the server?

Here are screenshots of my problem shares how you can view them this is all new to me!

I have a media share for home movies etc and a customer backup share which I backup peoples pictures etc

Please let me know if you need anything else and thanks for your help!

media_share_shot.jpg.3f29edec779dc20bc195f754e40c3a10.jpg

It would also be a good idea to give an indication of the path for the files that are causing problems.  That will help determine if it is the split level settings for the share that is causing this issue.

Not sure exactly what you mean but disk 1 has a share media and disk2 has a share customer backups these have both reported no enough space when trying to copy files to them.

It would also be a good idea to give an indication of the path for the files that are causing problems.  That will help determine if it is the split level settings for the share that is causing this issue.

Not sure exactly what you mean but disk 1 has a share media and disk2 has a share customer backups these have both reported no enough space when trying to copy files to them.

How are you assigning the shares to particular disks? This is not reflected in the share settings. What is the path of the destination? Show some Windows screenshots that indicate the destination. Please try make the images larger. The Shot of unRAID main is not legible.

There is a lot of data on the system already. Are you using the same procedure that worked for the existing data? When did the problem start? Has anything changed? Try rebooting both server and client.

Hi, I have rebooted them a few times, About a year ago I tried to get plex running on it and it did not work with my wd tv so I gave up so when I upgraded my PC last week I decided to have a sort out on my unraid server, there was a few directory's to do with plex that would not delete so I ended up backing up my data to my new pc and tried to delete my unwanted dirs. I managed to get rid of them ( not sure how) and then my problems started when I was copying the data back. I have never had any issues with unraid before apart from Plex.

Is there away to wipe my drives and start afresh like a windows format option?

ok I have checked the flash drive in my windows 8.1 pc and it reported no errors.

I then ran the fix-fixable command for both drives and it said.

partition /dev/md1 is mounted with write permissions, cannot check

got this for both drives, I have run the new permissions in the utils and got the same result. any ideas?

ok I have checked the flash drive in my windows 8.1 pc and it reported no errors.

got this for both drives, I have run the new permissions in the utils and got the same result. any ideas?

If you want to run reiserfsck then you first need to put the array into maintenance mode.

Do NOT run fix-fixable unless reiserfsck --check indicates that this is the correct action. Read the instructions completely and follow them carefully. Playing with reiserfsck will totally trash your file system.

Its very scary messing with unraid,

I did the check on both drives the only strange thing it reported on both my drives was

"The on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs. will be fixed later" I dont know if it was fixed.

this is of course double Dutch to me, would this of caused my problem?

started copying data back to the drives will see if it completes.

Update,

Well my server seems to be running fine now, I have copied all the data that was originally on it back to the server and I have also copyed my music and picture that I have on my PC.

Thank you to all who took the time to answer my questions and also read my syslog.

Even though I totally failed reading the instructions on using the reiserfsck tool it does seem to of sorted out my problem.

Regards

Nick

Archived