unRAID Server Release 5.0.2-i386 Available

limetech

i too had issues downloading via limetech website using a browser (google chrome), ended up doing a wget from unraid itself and it downloaded first time so might be worth a good if your stuck!

putty into your unraid server and run wget http://download.lime-technology.com/dnld/stable/unRAIDServer-5.0.2-i386.zip

edit looks like wget also has resume functionality using the -c flag:-

wget -c http://download.lime-technology.com/dnld/stable/unRAIDServer-5.0.2-i386.zip

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said once before and was ignored (or no one noticed), but Tom why not post an alternate .torrent download link? With a torrent the community can mirror the release for free, and it doesn't use up your bandwidth. Just food for thought.

I suggest this a while back also. We used to do it.

I had compiled ctorrent as a static binary to make it easier for people too.

+1

Happy to offer a mirror...

Same here.

No offense to anyone, and I appreciate the good intentions, but I would discourage users to download from "unknown" sources, like private mirrors.

I know they can be "secured" using sha hashes on the official site, but not all users are willing or capable of performing the checks to validate the downloaded file....

Happy to offer a mirror...

Same here.

No offense to anyone, and I appreciate the good intentions, but I would discourage users to download from "unknown" sources, like private mirrors.

I know they can be "secured" using sha hashes on the official site, but not all users are willing or capable of performing the checks to validate the downloaded file....

The solution is easy: post a BitTorrent link. BitTorrent distributes literally the exact binary to all nodes participating in the swarm, and it does it much faster than a single server can. No need to do manual checks; the protocol does it for you. There's a reason more and more file distribution is being served over BitTorrent rather than legacy direct downloads. E.G. most Linux ISOs are available as a torrent file, and you can bet your bottom dollar Linux projects care about binary integrity.

Download

Please see

readme.txt

in the release zip file for installation/upgrade instructions.

Release 5.0.2 is different from 5.0.2-rc1 in that only the "-rc1" suffix was dropped.

The size of the source 5.0.2-rc1 is different than 5.0.2, so it seems something more than a suffix was dropped, if you would re-verify that would be most appreciated. Maybe a different compression selected?