[SOLVED] 3TB drive shows as 2,147,483,647 block partition outside of array

betaman

I've recently precleared a 3TB drive that I want to use as my new parity drive but I noticed the block size appeared to be relatively small for a 3TB.  Attached is a screenshot of a 3TB and a 2TB drive that are both precleared but not formatted sitting outside of my array.  Is this normal?

EDIT:  Ok, I just noticed under the myMain detail page that it shows the larger size of 2,930,266,552.  Perhaps this is just a display issue?

3TB_drive.JPG.33fbde37d5dd23ef82beec6cf9fb909a.JPG

Whatever software you're using to display the drive details doesn't support drives > 2TB

As long as the UnRAID disk drivers "see" it correctly, it's okay to use it, but be aware that this is often an issue with 3rd party utilities, especially if the BIOS doesn't natively support high capacity drives.

UnMenu is the program that I used to show that info.

unMENU shows the size of the "protective" partition added to a GPT partitioned disk.  The protective partition is specifically sized to appear to older utilities as using the entire 2.2TB available in an MBR defined file-system.

I never noticed that size display issue since I never had a partitioned disk > 2.2TB unassigned in my array.

Joe L.

Archived