How to build and install ipmiutil on Windows7 x64?

soup_boy

I am attempting to use IPMIUtil on my Windows 7 x64 system to retrieve FRU invetory data , power control etc;

I went through the IPMIUtil Project Overview http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/.

I downloaded the IPMIUtil2.9.2-win64.zip. I followed the Install and Build Instructions.

I installed the imbdrv130 driver mentioned in the project overview. When I tried to run the .cmd files present in the directory , it just freezes the cmd prompt.

Also I tried to build the source for IPMIUtil, so I downloaded ipmiutil-2.9.2.tar.gz. But the I could not find the install and build instructions to be clear. The instructions mostly were given for Windows2000 , Windows Server 2003. Also the Visual Studio Path mentioned in the install file is for Visual Studio 2005. Since I am using Visual Studio 2010 , I found it very tough to identify the exact paths mentioned in the install instructions.

I would like to hear from some one, the complete steps how to setup the environment and make ipmiutil to work in Windows7. Also I would like to know how to use this utility in my project to obtain the FRU inventory data or any other data provided by the ipmiutil.

I do not know if there are any more details required from my side to provide me the installation steps. If any more information is required , please post in comments.