a7n8x deluxe mobo - onboard gigE doesn't work?

crimsondr

Hi all,

Just started using unRAID.  Have it working with my old a7n8x deluxe mobo.  However, it only seems to work with the onboard fast ethernet.  When I try the onboard gigE it doesn't work.  Is the driver not included with unRAID?  How can I get the gigE to work?

Thanks!

Looking at the board you have it has dual nic ports and only one is gigabit.  According to Asus one is a Marvell Gigabit chip and the other a NVIDIA10/100 Mb chipset and both are supported by unraid.

The first obvious question is do you have the cable plugged into the right port?  You can telnet into the server and do a ethtool  eth0 and then a ethtool  eth1 to see which one is connected to your network.

Next what type of cable are you using?  Is it at least cat5e or cat6?  Is it a good cable?

After that you could post your syslog so we could see what's happening to your system.  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Capturing_your_syslog

Erik

Looking at the board you have it has dual nic ports and only one is gigabit.  According to Asus one is a Marvell Gigabit chip and the other a NVIDIA10/100 Mb chipset and both are supported by unraid.

The first obvious question is do you have the cable plugged into the right port?  You can telnet into the server and do a ethtool  eth0 and then a ethtool  eth1 to see which one is connected to your network.

Next what type of cable are you using?  Is it at least cat5e or cat6?  Is it a good cable?

After that you could post your syslog so we could see what's happening to your system.  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Capturing_your_syslog

Erik

I'm sure that the gigE port does not work.  There is no activity at all.  When I use it with Windows using the same cable and setup everything works.  But booting unRAID there is nothing.  I will try telnet and get some more info.

Archived