Forum News

limetech

We're doing a little forum maintenance, don't be surprised if things get moved around a bit.

In particular, the General Support [unRAID OS 5.0-rc] board is going to be deprecated and soon marked "No new posts".  If you are running any 5.0-beta or 5.0-rc please consider upgrading to latest stable release for continued support.

Do you have a board suggestion?  Or maybe just a general forum organization idea?  Post it here!

Sounds good, would be nice to anything and everything about 3rd party plugins - ie... virtualbox and othe plugin be under one section - instead of multiple threads in user customization, applications, and plugins.... no big deal, will just keep using the search function to capture

+1

or perhaps one board topic devoted to the specifics of what works in 5.0.x installation instructions.

(perhaps restricted to the plug-in authors' instructions, with debate moved to separate threads?)

Sounds good, would be nice to anything and everything about 3rd party plugins - ie... virtualbox and othe plugin be under one section - instead of multiple threads in user customization, applications, and plugins.... no big deal, will just keep using the search function to capture

+1

Kryspy

I agree.

Certainly plugins, customizations and applications can be combined.  Maybe prefix each entry with [plugin], [customization] or [application] or simply have separate sub forums for plugins, applications etc.

I would arrange forums categories from the top,

1) Company

2) Support

3) Version 5 Development <--- rename it "unRAID Development"

4) Server Building

5) unRAID Marketplace

6) Older Releases renamed from Version 4.X Support

7) Off Topic

Just my 2.5 cents.

Kryspy

I agree.

Certainly plugins, customizations and applications can be combined.  Maybe prefix each entry with [plugin], [customization] or [application] or simply have separate sub forums for plugins, applications etc.

I would arrange forums categories from the top,

1) Company

2) Support

3) Version 5 Development <--- rename it "unRAID Development"

4) Server Building

5) unRAID Marketplace

6) Older Releases renamed from Version 4.X Support

7) Off Topic

Just my 2.5 cents.

Kryspy

I agree. Prefixes are the way forward. This layout looks good to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Encouraging the use of country tags in the For Sale & Good Deals sections would be nice for those of us outside of the US.

+1

I often peruse the good deals and for sale sections. Bought my m1015's from a user in the for sale section. As a uk person it would make it easier to see what's available here and it would be good for other non-us citizens too.