NORCO RPC-4224 4U unRAID setup: any recommendation needed

Seasonic recommended www.btostech.com

Look under surplus items -> seasonic cables

I got 2 of the 6 pin to three molex power cables.

Note that there is 2 versions of this cable, the flat black one (newer) and the round one with colored wires (older).

Some of the older/newer cables are not compatible between power supply revisions, but the molex cable is the same for older and newer power supplies.

I think the older cables are longer than the new ones but your power supply is so close that it won't really matter.

For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me it looks like I ordered 4 of the cables. Wonder why I did that.

The cables are really pretty cheap from btos ($5 each). Depending on which cable type your power supply comes with and whether you want your cables to match, you'll need at least one 3 molex cable (the 850x (ss-850km3) and 860xp2 comes with a 3 and 2 pin cable. The newer 850x (ss-850km) looks like it comes with a 3, 3, and 2).

Newegg lists the older model # but the newer cable count.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151102

http://www.seasonicusa.com/NEW_X-series_560-660-760-850.htm

You may not need all those power splitters (people have mentioned that the norco ones are less than stellar). Connecting both power hookups on the backplane to one power supply doesn't add any benefit and my 4224s backplane did not even have the double hookups.

Depending on what cables the power supply comes with you may be able to hook it up straight out of the box. I ordered a couple longer seasonic replacement cables for mine.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29274.msg262353#msg262353

Do you have a link for the cable?  Do I need two of them?

This will be my final setup if I haven't made any mistake. 

Case - NORCO RPC-4224 4U Rackmount Server Case

USB - Single unRAID Server Pro USB Flash

Cache - Samsung-820 Series 256GB MZ-7PC256B (I will be using one I have now)

HDD - Seagate NAS HDD 4TB SATA 6GB NCQ 64 MB Cache Bare Drive ST4000VN000 (I will get a few of them initially)

CPU -Intel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1240V2 3.4GHz 5.0GT/s 8MB LGA1155 Processor, Retail BX80637E31240V2

PSU - SeaSonic X-850 80plus gold

4 x Seasonic power modular cable: 6pin to three Molex power (I only need 2 but I will get extra 2 more)

Mobo -Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-IIF-O - Intel C204 Chipset LGA1155 MicroATX Motherboard VGA

RAM -2 x Kingston ValueRAM 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 PC3-10666 ECC CL9 DIMM Intel Certified Server Memory KVR13E9/8I

3 x SAS Cards - Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 (Initially I will get only one)

6 x Sas cables- Norco SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 Internal Multilane SAS Cable

2 x NORCO C-SFF8087-4S Discrete to SFF-8087 (Reverse breakout) Cable

Power extension cable - NORCO C-P1T7 4 Pin Molex 1 Male to 7 Female Power Extension Splitter Cable

(I will get this extension cable since I've read an article having an issue without it)

3 x 120mm Fan - Noctua NF-P12-1300 120mm Fan

2 x 80mm Fan - Noctua NF-R8-1800 80mm Case Fan

Rosewill 12-Inch PWM Splitter (RCW-FPS-401)

120mm fan wall bracket - 120mm fan wall bracket for RPC-4224

Thanks to those who have been helping me out.

Only comments I have are:

You really probably don't need the extra seasonic cables as there's a very good chance the power supply will already come with two 3 molex hookups and worst case (if you decide you do need them) you'll be able to hook up 5 of the backplanes (20 drives worth) while you order the cables.

And I really suggest against the 7 splitter power cable as everything I've heard is that it's nothing but trouble. There's no magic reason why it should work better than using your modular cables and quite a few why it will be worse (or cause problems).

Also, make sure that the Noctua fans you're getting are PWM if you want to use that.