Repurposing SAT2-MV8 help

I have a Supermicro SAT2-MV8 that I am thinking of repurposing in a Windows Server 2012 R2 machines. I have come to find of course that this card is not supported in WS2012R2. I tried installing it as legacy hardware and just cannot get it working. I know it is a long shot but has anyone had any success with this card in the Windows 8 family or maybe even Windows 7 family? If I can't get it working my only options are attempting to write my own driver (not likely) or get a new card, in which case I will likely be selling it here.

Glad to hear! Weird that it didn't show up before...

I used it for several months on Windows Server 2012 before using it with unraid for several more months, and now I use it with ZFS. I even ran it passed through to a Windows Server 2012 VM with that same driver. I never ran into any issues on any platform, but don't blame it on me if it breaks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used it on a Windows 7 box for several years with no problems.  I may have been one of the first adopters.  If you look on the SageTV forums you will see where I first posted about it for Windows 7 64 bit.  That was before Windows update for Windows 7 installed it automatically.  I've even used it on pass through in an ESXi 5.0 Windows 7 x64 VM.

Archived