[SOLVED] Request for PLG for Madsonic, $$$ REWARD

rutherford

1/14/14 edit

Boom.

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=932

Hello folks,

$20 to anyone who can put together a PLG for Madsonic. I run subsonic and it's only OK. I'd love to try Madsonic to see if it's any better, but I'm getting no nibbles on any posts! It's a fork of subsonic, so I bet's it's pretty much the same.

http://www.madsonic.org/

Thanks!

drew

Better yet - what would be involved in porting this application - how would you *nix pros get started? I'm curious. I have one I would like to do but I don't know where to begin.

I took a peak...

Change the Subsonic Plugin to download Madsonic instead of Subsonic. The configuration looks the same (since it's a fork of Subsonic).

All the "magic" happens in the software not the plugin.

Better yet - what would be involved in porting this application - how would you *nix pros get started? I'm curious. I have one I would like to do but I don't know where to begin.

I took a peak...

Change the Subsonic Plugin to download Madsonic instead of Subsonic. The configuration looks the same (since it's a fork of Subsonic).

All the "magic" happens in the software not the plugin.

anyone try this, did it work

I haven't had any luck with it. I started to look into the plg "oh yeah just replace Subsonic with madsonic. Easy!" Well my eyes started crossing after ten lines referring to subsonic stuff!

I don't want to change this into a subsonic requests complaint rant thread and hijack it myself... Subsonic does manage my music library, transcode it, and make it easily available on the internet. It does some things real well!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I looked at Nic's excellent effort and I wondered if this app isn't expecting a lot of user interaction during the install? It doesn't look like a typical "headless" app. That might make it kind of hard to install in Unraid. It also has quite a few needed inputs for server url and port data (and others) I thought you had to put these parametric data entries in a separate data file and NOT store them with the .pkg file. If so, we would need a read routine in the installer.

Obviously, I need to look at Madsonic's installation notes...I'll get back to this in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks,

$20 to anyone who can put together a PLG for Madsonic. I run subsonic and it's only OK. I'd love to try Madsonic to see if it's any better, but I'm getting no nibbles on any posts! It's a fork of subsonic, so I bet's it's pretty much the same.

http://www.madsonic.org/

Thanks!

drew

I had Subsonic running successfully on my unRAID but have moved to a Madsonic install on my Win7 pc. I too would love a plugin and so will add €15 to Drews Madsonic PLG fund..!

Best regards,

Fergal

hi to all,

I'm already working a few days on it.

i have backported madsonic 5.0 3840 to jetty 6 server to work with unRAID 5.0 final,

because the newer builds used jetty server 8.1.14 and i dont get it to work with the last unRaid release. :-\

Stay tuned.  ;)

Best regards,

Madevil

5ZCfn6hl.png

Nice one..!  8)

Just noticed your plugin references Madsonic 4.7 beta, and the current one is Madsonic Server 5.0 Build 3840

What version will your plugin support?

it will be ver 5.0 of madsonic, i believe that reference was from the old subsonic plugin that i have been working with

ok guys here it is, unraid plugin for madsonic 5.0, im not asking any money for this as its basically Niccarter's work plus a few fixes to make it run  ;D.

you will of course need to drop the .txt extension from the attached file and plonk it in your /boot/config/plugins folder, then either reboot your server or run installplg to install the plugin.

binhex.

edit - had a look at the plugin mad created, there are some issues with it that are fixed in my version, namely the following on line 94:-

# if directory doesn't exist or Madsonic is not found, install it

madsonic_install

this does NOT check for the existence of the madsonic install directory and thus will re-download madsonic on every reboot/installplg, should look like this:-

if [[ "$MADSONIC_HOME" != "" &&  ! -e "$MADSONIC_HOME/madsonic.sh" ]]; then

madsonic_install

fi

also your overwriting your madsonic_host entry in madsonic.sh by specifying the following on line 97 and thus i believe madsonic wont start:-

# add JAVA_HOME

sed -i -e '8 c\\JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java' "$MADSONIC_HOME"/madsonic.sh

this above basically overwrites line 8 of madsonic.sh, instead it should be as follows, this does a slightly more intelligent search and append of the line:-

# append JAVA_HOME after the line MADSONIC_PIDFILE in madsonic.sh

sed -i -e '/MADSONIC_PIDFILE=\/var\/run\/madsonic\/madsonic.pid/a \JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java' "$MADSONIC_HOME"/madsonic.sh

this works for me, hope this helps somebody!.

madsonic-5.0a.plg.txt

ok guys here it is, unraid plugin for madsonic 5.0, im not asking any money for this as its basically Niccarter's work plus a few fixes to make it run  ;D.

you will of course need to drop the .txt extension from the attached file and plonk it in your /boot/config/plugins folder, then either reboot your server or run installplg to install the plugin.

binhex.

edit - had a look at the plugin mad created, there are some issues with it that are fixed in my version, namely the following on line 94:-

madsonic_install

this does NOT check for the existence of the madsonic install directory and thus will re-download madsonic on every reboot/installplg, should look like this:-

if [[ "$MADSONIC_HOME" != "" &&  ! -e "$MADSONIC_HOME/madsonic.sh" ]]; then

madsonic_install

fi

also your overwriting your madsonic_host entry in madsonic.sh by specifying the following on line 97 and thus i believe madsonic wont start:-

# add JAVA_HOME

sed -i -e '8 c\\JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java' "$MADSONIC_HOME"/madsonic.sh

this above basically overwrites line 8 of madsonic.sh, instead it should be as follows, this does a slightly more intelligent search and append of the line:-

# append JAVA_HOME after the line MADSONIC_PIDFILE in madsonic.sh

sed -i -e '/MADSONIC_PIDFILE=\/var\/run\/madsonic\/madsonic.pid/a \JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java' "$MADSONIC_HOME"/madsonic.sh

this works for me, hope this helps somebody!.

Hi Binhex,

Thanks for all your time and work on this. When Drew declared Madevil the winner I donated my promised €15 to him. Maybe we should have shared the pot..!

Anyway my Madevil plugin is working away, although being a noob I haven't tested it to the nth degree. I have stopped the service and gone through the install process again to check for what you highlighted.

Fortunately for me my Madsonic service restarted with the correct settings without a hitch.

Is there any other checks I could do to make sure everything is ok?

Best Regards,

Fergal 

Ya I sent my $20 over there too. But as soon as I get home from work I'm gonna try out both plgs to be sure they work for me. Mad did mention that he had not tested his on virtual machines.

Anyhow, I really wanted to thank both of you for your efforts. I J we going I to unRaid that it was a system in its infancy (and that it might never grow out of). But the community support from this forum, and the individual devs like binhex and Mad are really what make unRaid work.

Big thanks to both of you.

Drew

Port Angeles WA

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk