Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol love the people moaning about the settings page, this isn't a  simplefeatures clone get used to it.

If you want all the settings on one page use simplefeatures or stock, I don't see why this excellent GUI should be changed to accommodate the wingers and winers.

Just my two pence.

First, get off your high horse.  No one moaned, winged, wined (or whined) about anything!

No one said said this GUI was anything but excellent.  Frank1940 made an observation (the settings page is not as useful as the setting page in SimpleFeatures), and made 2 separate comments that it was obviously a very personal opinion, and offered a bit of positive feedback.  He also requested that others post their thoughts, if they had any.  bonienl replied that they understood Frank1940's opinion, and that bonienl felt that the new GUI would 'grow on you' with time.

I share Frank1940's opinion of the setting page, and per his request, shared my opinion.  I think I presented my opinion in a helpful way, and tried to explain a bit about why I felt the way I did.  I made no demands, nor slighted bonienl's work in any way.  I thanked him for his contribution, because I honestly do appreciate that he's shared his work with us, for free.

Finally, actually, yes, this is a simplefeatures clone.  It's taken it to another level, but it's clearly based on that original work, which bonienl was a large contributor.

Please don't try to start fights where they don't belong.  Everything up until your post was positive and constructive.  Let's keep it that way.

It didnt delete a .plg named file - it deleted something named completely different.....

Myk

I renamed the other GUI plg to a plg.save to rest this one,

After install - it deleted it and the .txz file.  why?

Now I have no easy way to move back if I need to...

Myk

Dynamix webGui plugin deletes the 'other' webGui plugin and associated txz file to avoid double installation and conflicts of both running concurrently, which is not allowed.

If you want to keep these files move them out of the folder /boot/plugins.

The easy way back is to remove the Dynamix PLG file from /boot/plugins and reboot your system to make uninstallation complete. This restores the stock GUI with the possibility to install (again) the Limetech webGui from github. Nothing is really lost!

However, I have hundreds, maybe thousands of folders.  I don't want to open them all looking for duplicate files, is there any way to just 'find duplicates' without going into each folder looking for orange text?

A duplicate file is considered a "duplicate" when it appears under the same name in the same directory structure on multiple disks, which is what is checked under the shares view. This doesn't imply it is exactly the same file, the size can be different for example.

I don't know how your thousands of folders are organised but you likely require a script or tool which can scan the files and generate a report. Maybe a search on the forum for such a tool brings something...

Please change it to "webGui-latest.*.plg" so if it is renamed to prevent it from installing - it does not delete it

thanks

Tony

It didnt delete a .plg named file - it deleted something named completely different.....

The PLG does the following:

# Remove unRAID webGui upgrade plugin
  rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/webGui
  rm -f /boot/plugins/webGui-latest.*

Hmmm...

Reboot finished, but my main page is completely blank.  I can get in with Putty, and can see SABnzbd is working, but I cannot access the GUI.  I cleared cache, and also tried in IE, but I only get a blank page.  I'm going to uninstall for now, and will try again later.

Make sure there are no instances of SimpleFeatures left over, it doesn't work together with Dynamix.

Hmmm...

Reboot finished, but my main page is completely blank.  I can get in with Putty, and can see SABnzbd is working, but I cannot access the GUI.  I cleared cache, and also tried in IE, but I only get a blank page.  I'm going to uninstall for now, and will try again later.

Had the same problem when installed different plugins with different versions of openssl (1.0.1 & 0.9.8).

I'm manually editing my PLG files to include the same versions and make it consistant (yes, a pain in the ...)

Please change it to "webGui-latest.*.plg" so if it is renamed to prevent it from installing - it does not delete it

Will do that for the next version.

Thanks for a great work.

My two cents for the next version:

1. If the auto-refresh is disabled (which is the way I use the webgui, until the problem with emhttp refreshing will be solved), can you please add the Refresh button to the different drive views (at least to the Array Devices and the Cache Device tabs) ?

With auto-refresh disabled, there's no easy way to refresh the view manually.

2. Is it possible to add a tab of Devices outside of the Array ?

Thanks again

Shlomi

1. If the auto-refresh is disabled (which is the way I use the webgui, until the problem with emhttp refreshing will be solved), can you please add the Refresh button to the different drive views (at least to the Array Devices and the Cache Device tabs) ?

With auto-refresh disabled, there's no easy way to refresh the view manually.

Yes, having a refresh button on each tab makes sense. This will be included in the next version.

2. Is it possible to add a tab of Devices outside of the Array ?

unRAID put unassigned devices in a separate array variable. When this variable exists there will be an additional tab visible called "Unassigned Devices", this mechanism is already included in the current version.

I would propose a configurable refresh value so people can see the status without interfering with the parity check.

Or some automated code that slows down the automatic refresh if a parity operation is in progress.

I have created a new solution which allows three different settings for the page refresh mechanism:

disabled = manual mode

active    = automatic mode

passive  = automatic mode + manual mode while parity check/sync or data-rebuild is running

The first option "disabled" requires the user to press the "refresh" button, i.e. manual interaction.

The second option "active" was previously called "enabled". This will do real-time page updates unconditionally and all the time.

The third option "passive" is new and let the webGui do real-time page updates unless a parity check or parity sync or data-rebuild is started, then it switches over to manual mode (this also includes scheduled parity checks).

Another improvement is that disabled/passive mode now will stop all background activities, these include "notifications" and the optional plugins, "system temp", "system stats" and "disk health", making it truly passive.

Updates for the webGui plugin and the affected optional plugins will become available before year end.

Noticed 3 things :

1. the Log Viewer plugin doesn't install - file missing in your downloads folder @ github.

2. Setting the System Stats to two graphs per row doesn't work correctly. Changed to 3 per row to display 2 per row...

3. installed system temp but can't find it anywhere...

Thanks

Noticed 3 things :

Thanks

The temperature appears near the right end of the black bar just to the left of the 'Log' icon on all pages.  It take a couple of seconds for it to appear after I open a new page.  If you don't see it, there it is possibility that your motherboard is not recognized and the data can't be retrieved. 

1. the Log Viewer plugin doesn't install - file missing in your downloads folder @ github.

"Log Viewer" and "Activity Monitor" are on the todo list. Currently I am focusing to get the webGui core as good as possible.

2. Setting the System Stats to two graphs per row doesn't work correctly. Changed to 3 per row to display 2 per row...

What is your screen resolution ? And perhaps show a screenshot of your problem.

As already said by Frank1940 this happens when the output of 'sensors' isn't recognized. Can you post the result of your sensors command, see below. The plugin looks for "CPU Temp" and "MB Temp".

root@vesta:/# sensors
atk0110-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
Vcore Voltage:     +1.06 V  (min =  +0.85 V, max =  +1.60 V)
+3.3 Voltage:     +3.31 V  (min =  +2.97 V, max =  +3.63 V)
+5 Voltage:       +4.86 V  (min =  +4.50 V, max =  +5.50 V)
+12 Voltage:     +12.28 V  (min = +10.20 V, max = +13.80 V)
CPU FAN Speed:    3629 RPM  (min =  600 RPM)
CHASSIS FAN Speed:1366 RPM  (min =  600 RPM)
CPU Temperature:   +46.0 C  (high = +60.0 C, crit = +95.0 C)
MB Temperature:    +47.0 C  (high = +45.0 C, crit = +75.0 C)

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:        +0.0 C  (high = +70.0 C, crit = +99.5 C)

Btw I believe several people have posted solutions how to correctly set the output of sensors. You may want to search for that.

What is your screen resolution ? And perhaps show a screenshot of your problem.

I have found the same/simliar behavior on my system.  My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I am using Firefox.

What I have found that changing the 'Number of system graphs per row' has the following behavior:

"One" ---  One graph per row and graph is very wide.  I would estimate it about 1700 pixels wide.  Reducing the browser window will cause a horizontal scroll row to appear to allow scrolling of the graph to see all of it.

"Two" --- One graph per row and half is about half the width of the screen.  (I would estimate that the graph is about 800-900 pixels wide.)*

"Three" ---  Two graphs per row*

"Four" ---  Three graphs per row

* Now if I reduce the width of the browser to to point where the display window is forced to 'shrink' the the display to fit the reduced browser width then at certain widths, things seem to work correctly for the "Two" and "Three" settings.  (However, It is difficult to get things to repeat.)  I never did get Four graphs per row. 

This looks like a real can of worms to fix and I wish you luck in doing it. 

Following up on Frank's comments right above this:

My test is Mac OS X Mavericks, Chrome browser, HDMI display 1920x1080, unRAID 5.0.4

Graphs per Row = Behavior  = compared to the Black Menu Bar (Main/Shares/.../Log/Info)

1 = One per row, Double wide per Frank's comments.  = (approximately 150% of the black menu bar)

2 = One per row, each is half as wide as #1 per Frank's comments. =  (2/3 the width of the black menu bar)

3 = Two per row  each is 1/2 the width of the black menu bar =  (together, they are the width of the black menu bar)

4 = Two per row, each is about 2/3 the width of #3.  = (totals about 2/3 the width of the black menu bar)

Note that I am very pleased with Dynamix, and am not complaining...I'm just providing data should you ever decide to fix this. :)

(One quick way to fix it is to relabel the setting from 'Number of system graphs per row:' to something like 'Graphs optional display format: :D

Thanks for the testing and feedback.

For clarity the display of the disk utilization is correct on your screens ?

I need to have another look into the display of the multiple graphs per row. It is a bit of funky thing since these graphs are dynamically generated by javascript and doesn't seem to play well (enough) with the new tabbed display.

Definitely will try to fix it :)

Btw my screenwidth is 1280 and all shows as should be...

Boneinl,

The disk space graph is fine for me.

I've posted snapshots of my screens here:

https://app.box.com/s/g60865ong82fc5b0d4pk

(I can't duplicate your resolution, but at 1360x768, I get similar results to what I just reported, BUT with the following change:

at 1360x768, 'four per row' appears as 3 across scaled to fit the black menu bar,  with one below taking up 1/3 of the bar width.)

Thanks for the testing and feedback.

For clarity the display of the disk utilization is correct on your screens ?

Well, it was until you asked about it.  :-\    What I found is virtually undescribed in words because the behavior is unpredictable.  A couple of observations:

1--- Things are more predicable if one does NOT manually change the width of the browser window.  (One of the advantages of the wide screen monitors is that you can make the default starting screen size of any program much less than the width of the display (1920 in my case).  If you leave it set at whatever default you have chosen then the behavior of the display is predicable.  If you are manually varying the width of the screen to see what is happening, things go crazy!  (technical term  ::)  )  At times, the redrawing process tries to adjust the width of the graphs on the fly.  Sometimes, it works... and sometimes it fails. 

2---  I thought that the disk utilization was stable until I started adjusting the browser width.  For the most part, everything seemed to work fine.  However, there were a couple of times when the graph appeared a vertical line... looked about five pixels wide.  Very difficult to get this condition to repeat.  It also seemed that going to the 'Main' page before after going to the 'Stats' after and changing the number of graphs per row resulted in a more predicable behavior. 

3---  Things seem to be stable for what ever browser width is chosen (you get consistent behavior for the various settings even if that behavior is not what was expected), if you don't change the screen width from the time you start the browser... that is, no manual adjustment of the width.

Hope this is of some help.

A quick follow up.  I personally think that a 2X2 display of the system stats should suit almost everyone who is using a computer browser.  I would personally recommend you set it to that and let the chips fall where they may. 

I just have a gut feeling that the behavior (We are seeing) is an interaction between the browser, the graphics card driver and the script that is trying to control of this display of the graphs.  There are enough variables that a fix that works for one person will break someone else setup. 

RESIZING the DRIVE Display:

So for me, the black box with the graphs for the hard drives has a fixed width.

Resizing the window makes the top 'Lime-Tech area', the black menu bar, and the colorful 'summary' bar and legend all expand/contract.

However, the black box with the individual drive bars is fixed width.

I agree with Frank1940, make it fixed at two across and worry about other things. 

I feel like I'm griping about the beauty mark on Marilyn Monroe's face.

This is great stuff just as it is, and I thank you, bonienl.

• Squid locked this topic