Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bonienl ----

Thanks for all of your hard work.  I am still using Simple Features (even though it has some issues with ver 5.+) on my main server because I prefer it over the half-finished enhanced Limetech GUI. 

I plan up dating my main server with Dynamix with the next version as soon as I confirm that no new (major) issues have been introduced.  Keep up the great work.  It is people  like you who make unRAID a really tremendous piece of software. 

Frank 

Updated, but I dont see the indv spin up/down arrows any more - and setting is set to yes....

Thanks

MYk

It moved to the green ball, this has now the combined functionality of spinning up/down and status info popup.

Move your mouse cursor over the ball and you will see.

Hope it hasn't been asked before, but If I backup my usb-drive, and try out dynamix, and then reapply my backup of the thumb drive, will I have the same system as before?

With all my plugins configured and ready to run?!

The installation and activation of Dynamix webGui:

installplg /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg

The de-installation and removal of Dynamix webGui:

rm /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg

rm /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-i486-1.txz

rm -r /boot/configs/plugins/dynamix

And reboot your system to restore the stock webGui.

None of your other existing plugins will be touched/altered.

Thanks for all of your hard work.  I am still using Simple Features (even though it has some issues with ver 5.+) on my main server because I prefer it over the half-finished enhanced Limetech GUI. 

I plan up dating my main server with Dynamix with the next version as soon as I confirm that no new (major) issues have been introduced.

The Dynamix project started in last September, about 4 months ago. It took off from the latest SimpleFeatures version and new features and changes were introduced in a phased approach. At the end of the day it introduced a massive change and a new direction was taken altogether

Search for readable web fonts

It sounds very trivial but I wasn't very happy with the fonts being used in the stock webGUI or SF for that matter. Specifically the monospace font was too small and hard to read on my screen. Hence the quest started to find replacement fonts which can be used by different (major) browsers to create a consistent and easier to read look and feel. It took several iterations before I settled on the 'Arimo' and 'Bitstream' font types. For both types I created web font files with the associated css style file to allow these fonts to be used cross browsers, including the mobile versions.

Change to a tab view approach

The next challenge was to introduce a tab view which works reliably and correctly on the different browsers. It took a real effort  to come up with solution which did fullfil these 'simple' requirements. Testing and tweaking went on for quite some time before the sign 'clear' could be given. This change is the most visible and requires some 'getting used to', but after several months of using it, I don't want to go back anymore.

Introduce real-time updating

With the base requirements in, the new look and feel of the webGUI was satisfying and the quest for interactivity started.

This opened a whole new can of worms! To get this working in a predictable way wasn't sinecure... here you find there are real differences between browsers and one particular "bug" in Chrome made my head twist several times. Eventually a workaround was found after countless hours of testing and digging.

Follow Limetech standards

In an attempt to do things right, the guidelines of Limetech about plugin development (true there aren't that many) were closely followed. Files are placed in the expected locations and maybe the PLG files which I created can serve as an example for other developers. Dynamix also contains a 'framework' to allow other plugins to read and write configuration files through a 'standard' API. It is a small but important thing to have a coherent approach. Ideally I like to see a plugin manager which can certainly bring more 'standardization' in the process.

So there you have it -- a new development made available here on the forum but already running for a while in the background. It hopefully brings a stable and reliable product here, at least it can't be depending on the number of hours I spend on this, it were too many ;D

Got a problem with 2.02 plugins.  I am attempting to install the Temperature, Health and Stats plugins.  Downloaded the .plg files and put them in the /boot/config/plugins folder.  Rebooted.  The new plugins weren't there.  Tried the installplg method and got a whole series of error messages.  The first message was as follows:

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): dynamix.system.temp-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg:559: parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Did you right-click on the links and do "save link as" otherwise the files are not properly downloaded (github normally adds a lot of html stuff to it).

Double-check: you used "installplg" not "installpkg" (the error messages are typically coming from the latter)

I´m having some troubles installing Dynamix. I've tried both c/p the plg to the /boot/plugins folder and restarting after downloading it with "save link as" - as well as installing with installplg command. After the restart I get the normal WebGUI. Tried clearing the cache, another browser, another machine even, same.

Running 5.0.2, with Darkstat, unMENU, btsync, proftpd and control_panel-ikosa plugins. Should any of these interfere?

Should the webGui-latest-plg be in the plugins folder? Is that the 'oem' webgui?

After the install I do see a new folder in /config/plugins with /dynamix/dynamix.webGui.cfg.

What am I missing?

I´m having some troubles installing Dynamix. I've tried both c/p the plg to the /boot/plugins folder and restarting after downloading it with "save link as" - as well as installing with installplg command. After the restart I get the normal WebGUI. Tried clearing the cache, another browser, another machine even, same.

Running 5.0.2, with Darkstat, unMENU, btsync, proftpd and control_panel-ikosa plugins. Should any of these interfere?

Should the webGui-latest-plg be in the plugins folder? Is that the 'oem' webgui?

After the install I do see a new folder in /config/plugins with /dynamix/dynamix.webGui.cfg.

What am I missing?

Is the file "webGui-latest.plg" still in your /boot/plugins folder, this is the Limetech webGui and should be removed.

Did you right-click on the links and do "save link as" otherwise the files are not properly downloaded (github normally adds a lot of html stuff to it).

Double-check: you used "installplg" not "installpkg" (the error messages are typically coming from the latter)

I just downloaded again from dynamix/plugins using ''save link as'  procedure and got the following file which was named:

dynamix.system.temp-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg.htm

First first lines of that file are as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns# fb: http://ogp.me/ns/fb# githubog: http://ogp.me/ns/fb/githubog#">
    <meta charset='utf-8'>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
        <title>dynamix/plugins/dynamix.system.temp-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg at master · bergware/dynamix · GitHub</title>
    <link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="/opensearch.xml" title="GitHub" />
    <link rel="fluid-icon" href="https://github.com/fluidicon.png" title="GitHub" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="/apple-touch-icon-114.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/apple-touch-icon-114.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/apple-touch-icon-144.png" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/apple-touch-icon-144.png" />
    <link rel="logo" type="image/svg" href="https://github-media-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/github-logo.svg" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="https://github.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/modules/logos_page/Octocat.png">
    <meta name="hostname" content="github-fe118-cp1-prd.iad.github.net">
    <meta name="ruby" content="ruby 1.9.3p194-tcs-github-tcmalloc (e1c0c3f392) [x86_64-linux]">
    <link rel="assets" href="https://github.global.ssl.fastly.net/">
    <link rel="conduit-xhr" href="https://ghconduit.com:25035/">
    <link rel="xhr-socket" href="/_sockets" />

(The code clip was copied and pasted from Editpad Lite as I did want to take the time to figure out how to attach a file!)  What to do now? 

What to do now? 

I am using Chrome browser and can correctly save the file using the "save as link" method.

What browser are you using ?

The correct format looks like below:

<?xml version='1.0' standalone='yes'?>

<!DOCTYPE PLUGIN [
<!ENTITY plugin "dynamix.system.temp">
<!ENTITY version "2.0.2">
<!ENTITY pkg "/boot/packages">
<!ENTITY rom "/boot/config/plugins/dynamix">
<!ENTITY img "/boot/config/plugins/images">
<!ENTITY gui "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins">
<!ENTITY log "/var/log/packages">
<!ENTITY reg "/var/log/plugins">
<!ENTITY src "https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download">
]>

<PLUGIN>
<!--
Copyright 2013, Bergware International
Dynamix System Temperature - Real-time monitoring of CPU and MB temperatures

What to do now? 

I am using Chrome browser and can correctly save the file using the "save as link" method.

I am using firefox.  What seems funny is that I download the 2.0.1 versions the other day and when they came down they had a .txt extension tagged on the file name.  Today, those same files have a .htm tag extension. 

What to do now? 

I am using firefox.  What seems funny is that I download the 2.0.1 versions the other day and when they came down they had a .txt extension tagged on the file name.  Today, those same files have a .htm tag extension.

Only now I realized what went wrong here....

Don't go to the folder download plugins, but instead click on the file optional plugins.md, inside this file are the correct references which need to be right-clicked :)

Just installed this and it's so nice to have back system/cpu temps, realtime stats and scheduled parity check....so thank you for doing this.

A little GUI request if i may....Having each individual heading under each tab (and the fact if one clicks back or rehits the tab it always defaults to the first heading) means it's an awful lot of clicking to get to somewhere that is buried down a few levels.

Can it be that it uses the entire screen, so for example on the settings tab it has the headings system settings, network services, user preferences etc all on the one screen?

edit: lol, snow effect on the banner is quite addictive!

What to do now? 

Only now I realized what went wrong here....

Don't go to the folder download, but instead click on the file optional plugins.md, inside this file are the correct references which need to be right-clicked :)

That worked!  THANKS!!!  I don't know how I got to the wrong place. 

But reading through the instructions in the readme.md, I never did find a pointer to the correct place for plugin downloads.  It think you need to make a first paragraph in the readme.md with directions as to where to find the correct files.  I tend not to reread the entire instruction set when updating and the sooner it is in the instructions, the less likely I am to miss it!  ::)

But reading through the instructions in the readme.md, I never did find a pointer to the correct place for plugin downloads.  It think you need to make a first paragraph in the readme.md with directions as to where to find the correct files.  I tend not to reread the entire instruction set when updating and the sooner it is in the instructions, the less likely I am to miss it!  ::)

Just added a "download warning" at the top of the readme file on github, hopefully it is clearer now.

Thanks for pointing out!

Is the file "webGui-latest.plg" still in your /boot/plugins folder, this is the Limetech webGui and should be removed.

Yeah, it was. Removed it and it worked, thanks. You should add this step into the installation guide :)

Also, those plugins on git that are available, do I install them in /boot/plugins og /config/plugins?

Yeah, it was. Removed it and it worked, thanks. You should add this step into the installation guide :)

There is a typo in the PLG which prevents the removal of the Limetech webGui plugin, the intention is that this is done automatically and users don't have to worry. I have updated github so future installations should go fine.

Also, those plugins on git that are available, do I install them in /boot/plugins og /config/plugins?

All optional plugins go in /boot/config/plugins (this is also stated in the "optional plugins.md" file on github.

As already said by Frank1940 this happens when the output of 'sensors' isn't recognized. Can you post the result of your sensors command, see below. The plugin looks for "CPU Temp" and "MB Temp".

Btw I believe several people have posted solutions how to correctly set the output of sensors. You may want to search for that.

I do no where to ask, but my MB is not so old, and no sensors detected ? please where can I ask about this "issue" to get some help ?

Sorry, no sensors were detected.
Either your system has no sensors, or they are not supported, or
they are connected to an I2C or SMBus adapter that is not
supported. If you find out what chips are on your board, check
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status.
root@tower:/boot/config/plugins# sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0: +36.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)
Core 0:        +28.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)
Core 1:        +36.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)
Core 2:        +26.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)
Core 3:        +32.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

And thanks for a great work, and  new look !!

//Peter

Got everything up and running including those plugins, except for the temps. sensors cmd gives me the right information so unraid is reading the sensors correctly, but dynamix isn't reading it for some reason. Not sure where to go from here.

But, the stats and disk health are the main attraction here, and I love it! Thanks so much, greatly appreciated!

Now, the only thing missing from my perfect setup is a pushover notification plugin :P

I keep a close eye on this project. It seem like fresh water against old school (but reliable  ;)) stock gui.

Do you think it is ready for install in a no test unraid?

(Few weeks ago I move almost all plugin from Unraid to an Atom dedicated WinPC and only keep running Unmenu, Screen, APCUPS, MySQL and SNAP on the server)

I´m not sure I understand the Halt function in the Activity Stream. When I stop a filestream that's going to a Plex Media Server, I´m not allowed to stream that file again. The server see's the file as unavailable. Is there a time restriction in play?

Also just a thought, would it be possible for the HDD icons under disk health to display some sort of visual notification in case of smart failure?

• Squid locked this topic