Dynamix - Web GUI

The Dynamic plugins do not seem to be compatible with Unraid 6.0 64bit - unraid doesn't start up at all, unmenu isn't started, only share available was a "root" share I had configured in the smb-extra.conf file.

unRAID6 uses a newer PHP version, some adaptions need to be made to Dynamix webGui and the optional plugins, anyway there needs to be separate version 5 and 6 releases for Dynamix.

Have patience :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dynamic plugins do not seem to be compatible with Unraid 6.0 64bit - unraid doesn't start up at all, unmenu isn't started, only share available was a "root" share I had configured in the smb-extra.conf file.

64-bit unraid wasn't available when this webGui was released. Page 2 of the unRAID 6.0 announcement thread:

The plugins as they are today will CRASH your Server in unRAID 6.0 when the plugins install the various packages / binaries designed for a 4+ year old 32-Bit version of Slackware 13.1.

Yup, I was aware that it likely wouldn't work but didn't think it wouldn't work quite so spectacularly.  :P

I tried it because I know others would try it and I figured it was all PHP and no binaries - wanted to get the heads up out there quickly if it didn't work.

Might want to add a bright red "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UNRAID 6" warning to the first post. 8)

Might want to add a bright red "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UNRAID 6" warning to the first post. 8)

Done, warning added ...  :D

I do have the Dynamix webGUI working meanwhile, but will offer it together with all other Dynamix plugins. Currently in the process of converting them.

I was wondering if it is worth adding a button to start the Mover on the tab that displays the cache drive details under 'main' .  This could be in addition to such a button that is already present under Settings->Shares.  It would be both more convenient and also in my view more intuitive.

I was wondering if it is worth adding a button to start the Mover on the tab that displays the cache drive details under 'main' .  This could be in addition to such a button that is already present under Settings->Shares.  It would be both more convenient and also in my view more intuitive.

+1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Great work! Thank you!

Would it also be possible to adopt unmenu's way of hdd temp checking so that temps (WD drives) will be displayed even when the disks are spun down?

Gee, I have both Dynamix and unMenu installed and I don't see the temperatures of any spun down disks on any of the screens that I looked at on unMenu screens.  What screen are you looking at which shows temperatures of spun down drives?

Great work! Thank you!

Would it also be possible to adopt unmenu's way of hdd temp checking so that temps (WD drives) will be displayed even when the disks are spun down?

Gee, I have both Dynamix and unMenu installed and I don't see the temperatures of any spun down disks on any of the screens that I looked at on unMenu screens.  What screen are you looking at which shows temperatures of spun down drives?

It only works on WD drives (I think) because they don't spin up when SMART data is requested. Your sig says you have Seagates and Hitachis. That's my best guess for why you don't see it in unmenu.

I put this request on my list for future improvements.

Great work! Thank you!

There is a danger that disks spin up when being queried for a temperature read, this also affects the 'load' speed of the GUI, i.e it becomes sluggish. Two reasons why is it not implemented.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but when I access the Cache Dirs settings page, the form is not editable until I click on 'Log', close it, then I am able to edit the form.

unRAID 5.0.5, Google Chrome v.32

When you "enable" the service (first field at the top) then all other fields become editable.

Any way to see the changes on the plugins page before the plugin is updated? I'm curious what is new in all the 2.1 updates. I have been checking here, but no news on 2.1 yet.

Didn't have the time yet to update the OT, will do in due time, it is 'safe' to upgrade though :)

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but when I access the Cache Dirs settings page, the form is not editable until I click on 'Log', close it, then I am able to edit the form.

unRAID 5.0.5, Google Chrome v.32

When you "enable" the service (first field at the top) then all other fields become editable.

Well, the service was already enabled. Even when I go back now, with it running, every field but the first one is disabled. Even if I click on it, and re-select Yes, it stays disabled.

But I don't understand the Javascript logic at the bottom -- if its running, it disables all the form fields. But either way, they're disabled (for me at least). When I select "No", it enables the form for me. Are the config params only supposed to be modifiable when the process isn't running? If so, the form doesn't submit the field change from Yes to No upon clicking -- only if I submit first.

Just trying to help out if there's a bug in this plugin -- or if I just need sleep :)

Great work! Thank you!

There is a danger that disks spin up when being queried for a temperature read, this also affects the 'load' speed of the GUI, i.e it becomes sluggish. Two reasons why is it not implemented.

Unmenu had never ever spin up my disks and I haven't read any such issue reported during the years unmenu has this feature, but fair enough... Point taken...

• Squid locked this topic