Dynamix - Web GUI

That's what I set mine too (except 'unraid' is lowercased) and it seems to get stripped out.

I found one of the SF emails in my trash and it did make it through gmail's system with the "+unRAID" intact. If you are using it in the "MailFrom" spot, maybe you'd get different results, so try the others and filter on the "To" address instead. If not, we'll have to see if bonienl is interested in figuring out if there is a difference between Dynamix and SF.

I use gmail filters to move mails with the specific topic to a subfolder.

Well it used to work with the '+' character, that way I could just label all mail that came in with '+unraid'.

Do you know what part of the package/script actually assembles the email for delivery? I tried to go through it but couldn't see anything that was being called to scrub the email address of 'invalid' characters. Maybe it's lower down in the process?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it used to work with the '+' character, that way I could just label all mail that came in with '+unraid'.

Do you know what part of the package/script actually assembles the email for delivery? I tried to go through it but couldn't see anything that was being called to scrub the email address of 'invalid' characters. Maybe it's lower down in the process?

Are you sure things haven't changed at the gmail side ?

The script and config file as used in Dynamix is 1-to-1 the same as used  in SF.

For your info:

The script is /usr/bin/unraid_notify

And the config file is /etc/unraid_notify.conf

Are you sure things haven't changed at the gmail side ?

The script and config file as used in Dynamix is 1-to-1 the same as used  in SF.

For your info:

The script is /usr/bin/unraid_notify

And the config file is /etc/unraid_notify.conf

Gmail still works as it did. Actually, what script is responsible for these emails?

"unRAID Status Report: unRaid is OK"

Because those are getting sent to <me>[email protected] -- every hour!!

I'd like to definitely limit those emails...but whatever it sending those is doing it properly.

Yeah, I haven't been having a bright week. This script has been sending those! Is this script also responsible for all other emails, like Parity Checks, etc? I just feel like there's more than one Email Notification plugin/script -- maybe some in unMenu?

Thanks for everyone's help!

First off, this is a great addition to unRAID! Very polished, and I like the features it makes easily available to noobs like me. Thanks for the effort on this!

I am having an issue with the GUI, however. I've seen this happen several times now. When looking at the SMART data for my drives, it causes the web interface to hang up after looking at one or two of the drives, or selecting different drives too quickly. Sometimes the unMenu interface will still work, sometimes it will not. I believe it will clear up if I wait long enough, but the last time this happened I waited for over 45 minutes before using the powerdown command from a telnet prompt. Rebooting seems to always rectify the problem.

Is this a known issue?

If it's any consolation to the OP, I appreciate the effort that goes into something like this. Spending the time to create the plugin, publishing it so everyone can use it, then provide updates and bug fixes, all for no cost to everyone using it is a great service to those of us that don't have the skills necessary to do something like this. Even if I don't get my issue addressed, I'm grateful to have access to the add-in as it is.

I dont have time to read every comment on here. When I install a plugin, I expect the op to have a working product. I am not going to screw around to make stuff work for the op. I will just uninstall the temp plugin.

Wow, how very ungrateful.  I don't believe you've paid anything, so it seems your expectations are out of line with reality.

Please uninstall all the Dynamix plugins and write your own!

I dont have time to read every comment on here. When I install a plugin, I expect the op to have a working product. I am not going to screw around to make stuff work for the op. I will just uninstall the temp plugin.

Unfortunately there is no standard in motherboards for temperature monitoring.  The temperatures are dependent on the chip set used to monitor the temperatures and each chip set requires a unique driver.  There is no way to write a plugin for temperature monitoring and cover every motherboard.  It has to be done manually.

If it's any consolation to the OP, I appreciate the effort that goes into something like this. Spending the time to create the plugin, publishing it so everyone can use it, then provide updates and bug fixes, all for no cost to everyone using it is a great service to those of us that don't have the skills necessary to do something like this. Even if I don't get my issue addressed, I'm grateful to have access to the add-in as it is.

I'm with you on this, emagSamurai. 'Thank you', Bonienl. I, too, appreciate all your hard work, as well as the active support in the forums.

Wow, how very ungrateful.  I don't believe you've paid anything, so it seems your expectations are out of line with reality.

Please uninstall all the Dynamix plugins and write your own!

Calm yourself. The rest of it works fine and will just leave it at that. I never said the whole plugin was bad. I like it alot. I am just not saavy enough to mess around with code to make things work.

Calm yourself. The rest of it works fine and will just leave it at that. I never said the whole plugin was bad. I like it alot. I am just not saavy enough to mess around with code to make things work.

FYI, some other areas that are 'problems' are WOL Wake on LAN, and S3 sleep, as well APCuspd. All of these are highly dependent upon particular motherboard/CPU/Bios combinations.  Each has a very particular solution.  Nobody has figured out a simple, "always works", way to implement them.

Yet for those who have the time or need to work through the problems, GUI's such as unRAID's stock interface, as well as unMENU, DYNAMIX, BOXCAR, and the old SimpleFeatures, can provide a framework that greatly simplifies the problem. Once you figure out the settings for a particular combination, its quick and easy to edit up the right config file and drop in a few settings.

FYI, some other areas that are 'problems' are WOL Wake on LAN, and S3 sleep, as well APCuspd. All of these are highly dependent upon particular motherboard/CPU/Bios combinations.  Each has a very particular solution.  Nobody has figured out a simple, "always works", way to implement them.

Yet for those who have the time or need to work through the problems, GUI's such as unRAID's stock interface, as well as unMENU, DYNAMIX, BOXCAR, and the old SimpleFeatures, can provide a framework that greatly simplifies the problem. Once you figure out the settings for a particular combination, its quick and easy to edit up the right config file and drop in a few settings.

Thanks for explaining this, unfortunately not all things are as straight-forward as can be ...

First off, I quite like Dynamix; it's a great UI.

Troubleshooting a problem here, believe it's to do with Dynamix or one of its plugins.  I had a unexpected hard shut down the other day (and immediately moved my power bar to a less foot-accessible location...).  There was no drive access going on at the time, and I think I had the dynamix (2.1.1) web-gui running at the time.  After rebooting and a clean parity check, I'm seeing segfaults in my log every minute or so, example from log:

Feb  2 15:02:01 jimbo kernel: crond[29978]: segfault at 4001e51c ip 4001e51c sp bfb7f2d8 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so (deleted)[4001e000+1000] (Errors)

This seems to be where the failure is happening:

excerpt from crontab -l

# System data collection - poll every minute
*/1 * * * * /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

This seems to be added for the system-stats plugin in Dynamix.

Installing or un-installing any dynamix plugins from the web-gui causing the browser (chrome/W7) to freeze.  I didn't do this before.

The problem goes away booting into safe mode.  I don't have much else installed (unmenu + some packages, boiler). 

Could the dynamix files on the flash have been corrupted during when the server shut down?  If so, what's the best way to go about manually removing and re-installing?  I'm still getting my head around which files go where and what to add/remove for a plugin / package to install on boot. 

I suppose I could copy my configs into a clean installation but I'd like to try fixing it for the learning opportunity.

Thanks!

To completely remove Dynamix, delete the following:

folder: /boot/plugins

folder: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix

files: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.*.plg

and reboot.

Btw I suspect some file corruption too. It might be wise to reformat your USB stick (copy your relevant files first)

As a follow up to my previous post, the unRAID GUI on my server has been unresponsive for over 24 hours. The unRAID interface is working. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Could you clarify? What do you mean by unRAID GUI vs unRAID interface?

*nix OSes try to use all available memory. Cache/Buffers is memory that isn't used for other programs and if a program needs memory that isn't available, it will pull from the Cache/Buffer area.

cache_dirs uses the Cache/Buffer area, but also anything else you read/use. Stream a movie, goes into Cache/Buffer. Look at text files...goes into Cache/Buffer.  Stuff gets thrown out of Cache/Buffer basically on a oldest/least used algorythm

Thanks for that info!  I've been thinking - I've got 8GB of RAM, but it's showing only 7.5GB on the graph. My guess is that the other 512MB are assigned to the onboard graphics - does that seem like a reasonable guess? I'm running an AMD A6 CPU with the built in GPU...

If that's the case, I probably need to go into the BIOS and set the memory assignment to the minimum it will allow.

Ach!

Everything was working well until I installed the email EDIT: server notify plugin. I got my test message, but when I went to configure the regularly scheduled emails, something crashed and now neither Dynamix or unMENU will respond.

ps- ef|grep uu
ps -ef|grep emht

show

/bin/bash /boot/unmenu/uu
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp

respectivly, so I know unMENU and emhttp are still running. I don't what process name to look for to find Dynamix.

Attached is my syslog (trimmed for size to start after the mover finished this morning), which I note ends at 20:14. it's currently 21:40 local - seems odd that nothing would have written to the syslog in 90 minutes... What else do you need?

TIA!

Any thoughts on this? It sat all weekend while I was out of town, and it's still not working properly.  On a related note, though I'm sure not caused by Dynamix, I tried to do a "powerdown" from a telnet session, and it hung in rc.unRAID. I'll probably post a thread in the main support discussion for that.

May have to do a hard reset. Have you tried that yet? I had to do that a couple times this past weekend, when CLI powerdown commands didn't work.

Ach!

Everything was working well until I installed the email EDIT: server notify plugin. I got my test message, but when I went to configure the regularly scheduled emails, something crashed and now neither Dynamix or unMENU will respond.

ps- ef|grep uu
ps -ef|grep emht

show

/bin/bash /boot/unmenu/uu
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp

respectivly, so I know unMENU and emhttp are still running. I don't what process name to look for to find Dynamix.

Attached is my syslog (trimmed for size to start after the mover finished this morning), which I note ends at 20:14. it's currently 21:40 local - seems odd that nothing would have written to the syslog in 90 minutes... What else do you need?

TIA!

Any thoughts on this? It sat all weekend while I was out of town, and it's still not working properly.  On a related note, though I'm sure not caused by Dynamix, I tried to do a "powerdown" from a telnet session, and it hung in rc.unRAID. I'll probably post a thread in the main support discussion for that.

May have to do a hard reset. Have you tried that yet? I had to do that a couple times this past weekend, when CLI powerdown commands didn't work.

Tried a quick press of the power button, but nothing happened. That may be the entry in the log that the powerdown script was already running and this instance is exiting.  I haven't leaned on it until it shuts down - hoping to avoid that.

Cross posted http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31712.msg288418#msg288418 since I don't think the failure of powerdown is specifically related to Dynamix.

• Squid locked this topic