Dynamix - Web GUI

My Dynamix Web GUI had failed today when I got home this afternoon as well.  It has been up and running fine for a few weeks. 

Now I get this in my syslog:

Tower emhttp: emhttp_read_line: emhttp_read_line: input line too long  (Other emhttp)

UnMenu seems to be working fine.  Even stranger is that if I go to 'unRAID Main' in unMenu it brings up Dynamix through that, which looks like it's working fine.

I've tried rebooting with no luck and also ran a chkdsk on the USB drive as it did actually say it needed it when I plugged it into Windows. 

syslog-2014-02-04.txt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is typical when emhttp has been OOMed. Post a syslog.

Does OOMed mean "Out of Memoried?"

Syslog attached. Thanks for taking a look!

Looks like you have the Dynamix Plugin control installed in /boot/plugins instead of /boot/config/plugins where it belongs. Only the Dynamix webGUI plugin should be in /boot/plugins.

Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger: Installing system plugins
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger: installing plugin: dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger:  file /tmp/plugin-startup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/plugin-startup ... missing Dynamix webGui plugin !!!
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger: failed
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger: installing plugin: dynamix.webGui-2.0.9-noarch-bergware
Feb  4 08:11:14 Hyperion logger:  file /tmp/plugin-startup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

I'm working on adding temp displays to my webgui, but on Subdivisions, MB is blank.

Subdivisions login: root
Password:
Linux 3.9.11p-unRAID.
root@Subdivisions:~# sensors
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
MB Temp:      +35.4 C  (high = +70.0 C)

sensors.conf:

# lines starting with "#" are comments and ignored
#sensor information

chip "k10temp-pci-00c3"

label temp1 "MB Temp"
label temp2 "CPU Temp"

go file:

!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp&
#The following line is not stock; but it makes safemode work with go file additions.
if grep -wq unraidsafemode /proc/cmdline ; then exit ; fi
#Additional go file modifications below this line.

#modprobe for each sensor
modprobe k10temp

# copy the sensor.conf file for use
cp /boot/config/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d

Freewill is a dual core Opteron (TamSolutions server) and looks like this:

Freewill login: root
Linux 3.9.11p-unRAID.
root@Freewill:~# sensors
k8temp-pci-00c3
Core0 Temp:   +35.0 C
Core1 Temp:   +32.0 C

root@Freewill:~#

Do I even have motherboard sensors listed?

I have the same sensor driver -- chip "k10temp-pci-00c3" -- as well as MOBO  and CPU, and I can't get my MB to display either.

Are you sure temp1 is MB? I have mine labeled as CPU Temp, and that's what displays in Dynamix.

Does our MOBO definitely have a temperature sensor? I remember a couple years ago when I configured this, I wasn't able to find MOBO sensor (or, at least, a second sensor), so it just displays one under Dynamix.

Nice server names BTW!

I have the same sensor driver -- chip "k10temp-pci-00c3" -- as well as MOBO  and CPU, and I can't get my MB to display either.

Are you sure temp1 is MB? I have mine labeled as CPU Temp, and that's what displays in Dynamix.

Does our MOBO definitely have a temperature sensor? I remember a couple years ago when I configured this, I wasn't able to find MOBO sensor (or, at least, a second sensor), so it just displays one under Dynamix.

Nice server names BTW!

I simply followed the wiki instructions.

temps.PNG.0e8b189ba036a2dd2e2e9dfcd287e8de.PNG

Nice server names BTW!

I simply followed the wiki instructions.

Yeah, I did as well. And have the same display in my Dynamix.

My `sensors` output:

k10temp-pci-00c3
CPU Temp:     +33.9°C  (high = +70.0°C)

Just re-ran it, and got this output:

Driver `it87':
  * ISA bus, address 0xe80
    Chip `ITE IT8718F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `k10temp' (autoloaded):
  * Chip `AMD Family 10h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (yes/NO): yes
Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

Any idea where this prof/init directory is? And where /etc/init.d/lm_sensors actually is?

I'm having trouble loading the Dynamix Web GUI.

I installed it about 4 days ago and it has been working fine until now.

I can telnet into the tower and plex is up and running, so I know it is responsive, I just cant get the Web GUI to load.

Any ideas?  I can't access it using its IP address on any of the machines in my house.

Syslog attached.

Edit: About 5 minutes after posting this, Unmenu went down as well (It was loading previously). All plugins still working, and all the drives are still connected to my machine via SMB....No idea what is going on...

syslog-2014-02-06.txt

The Web GUI stops loading for me after about a day or two of being up.

The array seems to be up, and I have apps running fine (Plex, SAB, Sickbeard) but the Web GUI stops loading for some reason.

It's not my cache, I have tried it on multiple machines in my house after clearing my caches.

I re-installed it once before, and the problem has yet to go away.

Syslog attached.  Anyone have any clue what's going on?

syslog-2014-02-11.txt

The Web GUI stops loading for me after about a day or two of being up.

The array seems to be up, and I have apps running fine (Plex, SAB, Sickbeard) but the Web GUI stops loading for some reason.

I have the exact same issue, i just installed 6 hours ago, and my web GUI isnt responding.

Syslog attached.

edit: just went through the syslog, and there no signs of dymanix in there.

syslog0212.txt.zip

• Squid locked this topic