Dynamix - Web GUI

Ill load it again and post a syslog, it like i dont have the webserver or something loaded???

Can you make sure there is only one PLG file in the folder /boot/plugins. It should look like:

ls -l /boot/plugins

total 792

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 800528 2014-02-14 16:28 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  5212 2014-02-15 15:14 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-noarch-bergware.plg*

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was fairly obvious that my post wasn't a criticism but more discussing the concept of feedback.

But it seems like it's not welcome, so be it. As you said, it's a free world and people are free to use it or not.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You misunderstood my reply :)

The criticism is not on your reply (your answer did make sense), but rather to point out that constructive feedback is only useful when more details and solutions are given, perhaps I should have quoted those particular answers instead to avoid the confusion.

No worries, all good.

Your font size is too large, causing items to shift. Make it smaller (see picture below how it should look).

My font size needs to be large since I have Dell's UP2414Q 4k monitor, which has a resolution of 3860×2160 pixels. If I make the fonts smaller, they will become very hard to read. I know 4k monitors are rare these days, but they're becoming more and more popular.

Ill load it again and post a syslog, it like i dont have the webserver or something loaded???

Can you make sure there is only one PLG file in the folder /boot/plugins. It should look like:

ls -l /boot/plugins

total 792

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 800528 2014-02-14 16:28 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  5212 2014-02-15 15:14 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-noarch-bergware.plg*

This is what i have

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 800528 2014-02-17 19:38 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-i486-1.txz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  48869 2014-02-17 19:33 dynamix.webGui-2.1.4-noarch-bergware.plg*

my plg file is bigger??? and now i cant load the plugin at all

Your download from github was incorrect. You can do the following:

1. Delete the PLG file in folder /boot/plugins

2. Download this zip file (can also be found on the Dynamix web page)

3. Extract and copy the PLG file to /boot/plugins

4. Reboot

Saying "get rid of the tabs" or "make the extra tabs optional" doesn't bring any value in feedback.

What more do you need? It's a very clear and simple observation of usablilty. Besides that, i've explained why before, and gave reasons why tabs in tabs are symptoms of a faulty gui design. If you don't wanna change it, just say so. Fine with me. I won't use it then. But don't say that these sorts of comments aren't constructive or don't bring value in feedback, because they do. Whether you like it or not.

bonienl,

If I may add my 2 cents, I would prefer to have the main page untabbed, since it requires an extra click to get to the shutdown button which is the only thing I regularly use the webgui for. Just one extra little click can be perceived as friction depending on my mood... Perhaps everyone could be accommodated by adding an option to make it tabbed (or not) like you've done in "Settings | Display Settings | Show settings page as tab view". I have a lot of drives and a big monitor, but with the table view setting set to narrow, everything should fit fine (for me) without scrolling as does the vanilla webgui.

Thanks!

Another vote to either get rid of the tabbed setup or make it optional at the least. There can only be one cache disk or boot drive. Having a separate tabs for each of these makes no sense. And if you remove those two tabs you might as well remove the array operations tab along with it.

If you don't want to remove the tabbed view then maybe add an additional tab that is a dashboard (mentioned earlier).

The dashboard will include a more condensed presentation of disks status (~3-5 disks per line) graphically presenting the free/full space, temp, status of each drive (like you added) - including cache and boot drives.

That will allow to add a short parity status and start/stop/restart/poweroff options.

Too be more constructive, here is an example:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Drives ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|-----------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|   |------------------------------------|
|          |----------------------| |   |         |----------------------| |   |         |----------------------| |   |          |-----------------------| |
| y S  xx  |    used     |   free | |   |  y S xx |    used     |   free | |   | y S  xx |    used    |   free  | |   | y S  xx  |    used    |   free   | |
|          |----------------------| |   |         |----------------------| |   |         |----------------------| |   |          |-----------------------| |
|-----------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|   |------------------------------------|

| y S  xx  |    used     |   free | |   |  y S xx |    used     |   free | |   | y S  xx |    used    |   free  | |   | y S  xx  |    used    |   free   | |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- PARITY ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|----------|                                Last checked on Saturday, 15 February 2014, 13:44 (three days ago), finding 0 errors.
|  CHECK   |                                        Duration: 11 hours, 44 minutes, 49 seconds. Average speed: 71.0 MB/sec
|----------|                                                                                     or
                                                               Running - Current position 2.13 GB (1%) - Speed 84 MB/s
                                                      Elapsed Time 00:10:53 H:M:S - Estimated completion in 05:03:34 H:M:S
                                                                                        Sync Errors corrected 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Control ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|----------|   |-------------|   |--------------|   |----------|   |----------|
                                 |  STOP    |   |   RESTART   |   |   SHUTDOWN   |   |  SPINUP  |   | SPINDOWN |
                                 |----------|   |-------------|   |--------------|   |----------|   |----------|
                                   CHECKBOX         CHECKBOX          CHECKBOX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y- disk number 01-24 / C (cache) / B (boot)

S- Status Icon (same as today)

xx - temperature (same as today)

used/free - graphical presentation of drive space like you added recently.

You could probably squeeze in number of errors if it is critical and the total array size and free space somewhere after drives (also USED/FULL meter).

I am sure you can make it look nicer than I did  ;D

Edit:

Because the regular tabs are still available then the dashboard tabs doesn't need to include Read/Write statistics and Serial number.

I updated the example.

Your download from github was incorrect. You can do the following:

1. Delete the PLG file in folder /boot/plugins

2. Download this zip file (can also be found on the Dynamix web page)

3. Extract and copy the PLG file to /boot/plugins

4. Reboot

Hi Bonienl,

i followed your instruction above, after the re-boot i got the following error.

Warning: parse_ini_file(state/var.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 101 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/sec.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 102 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/devs.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 103 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/disks.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 104 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/users.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 105 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/shares.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 106 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/sec_nfs.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 107 Warning: parse_ini_file(state/sec_afp.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 108

screen shot attached

plugin.gif.1c0a28e5fb7657abfc2395da05d99d26.gif

If you don't want to remove the tabbed view then maybe add an additional tab that is a dashboard (mentioned earlier).

Thanks for your efforts to bring up ideas for a dashboard feature. Much appreciated your given example to visualize things :)

I started with the creation of a dedicated dashboard page and may make this available for beta testing.

The main purpose of the dashboard is to give a status overview of the crucial & critical areas in a single view, the status is updated 'real-time' (depending on refresh setting).

Attached a teaser screenshot of how things look like so far...

dashboard.png.209b3cc43b0c3808938b688ef955abd4.png

Thanks for your efforts to bring up ideas for a dashboard feature. Much appreciated your given example to visualize things :)

I started with the creation of a dedicated dashboard page and may make this available for beta testing.

The main purpose of the dashboard is to give a status overview of the crucial & critical areas in a single view, the status is updated 'real-time' (depending on refresh setting).

Attached a teaser screenshot of how things look like so far...

YOU TEASE!!

WOW - excellent !!!

What is the percentage bar at the top (60%)? Total Array usage?

Why not put disk temps in the "overheated disks" row? color coded if possible (green/orange/red).

Why did you choose to use 4 rows for describing disk status: active/inactive/failure/unassigned - it could have been done on the same line with different colors.

Although if there is room (page length) available then it is much clearer your way.

Again - Excellent work.

What is the percentage bar at the top (60%)? Total Array usage?

Yes that is the overall array utilization. Does exist already in the current version and can be optionally switched on/off.

Why not put disk temps in the "overheated disks" row? color coded if possible (green/orange/red).

Current implementation: when a disk gets overheated (temp > 50C) there will appear a hot.png indicator to get your attention. Tried colored temperatures as well, but didn't like it yet, may need to do more fine tuning.

Why did you choose to use 4 rows for describing disk status: active/inactive/failure/unassigned - it could have been done on the same line with different colors.

Although if there is room (page length) available then it is much clearer your way.

The reason to have separate rows is to make a clear distinction in states. Reading the headings and seeing an indicator in that particular row works better than making a condensed view. At least this is what I am thinking.

Notice that the table can hold a complete array of 23 disks (none present disks are suppressed).

Thanks for your interest :D

i followed your instruction above, after the re-boot i got the following error.

Do you have any other plugins installed ?

Dynamix can not work together with the Limetech webGui and SimpleFeatures, these need to be removed.

The error messages are from PHP not finding the expected files. Something has deleted them or they were not installed in the first place.

Can you show the following folders:

ls -l /boot/plugins

ls -l /boot/extra

ls -l /boot/config/plugins

And post your latest syslog - as suggested by trurl

I installed Dynamix successfully and works great, very useful information. I do have a question. After I installed Dynamix I am no longer able to reboot my unraid from the web gui or via CLI either, it will just hang. I have to manually reboot it to get it going again. Any info would be great, Thanks.

I installed Dynamix successfully and works great, very useful information. I do have a question. After I installed Dynamix I am no longer able to reboot my unraid from the web gui or via CLI either, it will just hang. I have to manually reboot it to get it going again. Any info would be great, Thanks.

Try disabling all other plugins, and see if reboot works.  Then re-enable the disabled plugins until you find the offending plugin.  My guess is that it's nothing to do with Dynamix, but another plugin that isn't properly stopping. 

Also cache-dirs can cause this problem if you don't let it finish what it's doing at startup, and immediately try to reboot.

Try disabling all other plugins, and see if reboot works.  Then re-enable the disabled plugins until you find the offending plugin.  My guess is that it's nothing to do with Dynamix, but another plugin that isn't properly stopping. 

Also cache-dirs can cause this problem if you don't let it finish what it's doing at startup, and immediately try to reboot.

Older versions of powerdown (<2.40) or apcupsd with an older version of powerdown have been known cause this to happen.  If you have either installed try removing them first.

New version is here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31735.0

The installation and activation of Dynamix webGui:

installplg /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg

The de-installation and removal of Dynamix webGui:

rm /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg

rm /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.0.2-i486-1.txz

rm -r /boot/configs/plugins/dynamix

And reboot your system to restore the stock webGui.

None of your other existing plugins will be touched/altered.

hey - thanks for doing this - i'm jumping aboard tonight. just thinking - you should put this in the OP so that it's not buried.

One other thing that's not mentioned, but would help de-noobify it: should I uninstall the current webgui-latest.plg ? 

i'm using that instead of the stock, with no other plug-ins, and don't have many issues. BUT would love to get the other great stuff that dynamix is bringing!

well i went on a plug-in installing binge and screwed something up:

BcfBVem.png

That happened when I tried to Install the System stats plug in.

Using UnMenu and the console Powerdown command, I was able to shut down gracefully.

Upon boot, i'm getting this screen now:

3t6yFLb.png

This is on UnRaid 5.0.3, in a VM;

Any ideas?

Looks like a messed up the file system on the flash drive (probably from a bad shutdown at some point.)

Easy to fix:

Shutdown unRAID as cleanly as you can.

PUt the flash drive in your PC and run Checkdisk on it to fix errors. (run 'Disk Utility' if you have a Mac). 

That should clean up the flash' file system.

• Squid locked this topic