Dynamix - Web GUI

I'd like to add a user account that should have read only access. I found the Users tab and added the account, but I don't see where to adjust the options for read, read/write, or full access. The Wiki is woefully out of date, obviously. Can anyone help?

unRAID 5.0.4

Dynamix 2.1.4

Add the user then go into the shares. Change them to either secure or private and add the users access there.

More info here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_Tutorial#Users_and_Share_Security

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to add a user account that should have read only access. I found the Users tab and added the account, but I don't see where to adjust the options for read, read/write, or full access. The Wiki is woefully out of date, obviously. Can anyone help?

unRAID 5.0.4

Dynamix 2.1.4

Add the user then go into the shares. Change them to either secure or private and add the users access there.

More info here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Configuration_Tutorial#Users_and_Share_Security

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks. That worked just fine.

unRAID 5.0.4

Dynamix 2.1.4

The security for each user is set per share. Go to the share settings pages.

unRAID 5.0.4

Dynamix 2.1.4

The security for each user is set per share. Go the the share settings pages.

And it's in the SMB Security Settings tab.

Export: Yes

Security: Private

I added the new user account and chose read-only.

How does unRAID know when that user is connecting to the share?

So by adding this new user account and setting the shares to Private, I cut off access for my XBMC machine. Oops. I'll attack this issue later. Back to default...

Using "private" requires an interactive login procedure. You can use "secure" mode to make shares read-only for all users except those which you have given explicit write access.

I like it!

Dynamix keeps getting better and better.  ;)

It'd be nice to have the parity rebuild status show up in the "Parity Status" section.

Only other thing I can think of is to have all the Faulty/Overheated/SMART stuff group together (as they're all related to disk health).

The easiest approach would be to just move the "Unassigned" category up the list a bit.

Better yet (IMHO) the fault conditions could all be represented in one line and replaced with icons (with a tooltip explaining what each icon means, much like what happens with the disk status circles/icons in the Main view).

I've taken the liberty to edit the Dashboard to help visualize my two suggestions (the attached fault icons are from Google images).

I look into adding more info to the parity status.

Thanks for your suggestion and 'nice' icons, but when you collapse all "error" conditions into a single line, what will happen when there are multiple errors, say a disk is 'red' balled and has a high temperature. It won't fit in a single box.

Grouping categories as you suggest, is a good idea though.

Thanks for testing.

Wait a second ...

PHP complaints that it can't find the configuration files!

You must run unRAID v5.0 or later !

Best to upgrade to v5.0.5...

unRAID Version: 5.0-rc11 i guess thats the problem

Yes, the official v5.0 release of unRAID has added links, which are used by Dynamix.

You can do a quick upgrade by copying the files bzimage and bzroot to your flash drive (overwrite the existing ones) and reboot your system

B

thanks for the help i'll give it a bash tomorrow time to hit the sack i think  ;)

Bob

Hi Bonienl

All working so far thanks so much for all your help, now i can play thanks ;)

I notice that the temp gauge on the top right isnt showing am i missing something?

I really like that little flames icon!

Thanks for the Dashboard, bonienl. It works great for me and is a welcome addition!

+1

Thanks really like the layout... Is it possible to make the CPU Speeds only 2 decimal places vice 5.

The speed is expressed in MHz or GHz depending on the value. Not sure what you are asking here...

Thanks for your suggestion and 'nice' icons, but when you collapse all "error" conditions into a single line, what will happen when there are multiple errors, say a disk is 'red' balled and has a high temperature. It won't fit in a single box.

We could have an "Oh f!@#%" icon to represent multiple errors.  ;D

could  UnMenu and the mail script/plug-in being present (but unmenu not started) have anything to do with my installation issue?

still cant' get the emailer script to install. I thought perhaps i was being impatient and need to give it a while to install; so I walked away for 30 minutes. it just hangs on the console, and webgui goes down. I am running it in a VM ... could that have anything to do with it?

I really like that little flames icon!

Thanks for the Dashboard, bonienl. It works great for me and is a welcome addition!

+1

Thanks really like the layout... Is it possible to make the CPU Speeds only 2 decimal places vice 5.

The speed is expressed in MHz or GHz depending on the value. Not sure what you are asking here...

For example instead of having 2.4123 GHz it would be 2.41 GHz

First off, I'm way new to unRAID in general. Still playing around and building my rig. Just found Dynamix today and tried loading it up. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to the stock GUI, not to mention all the sweet features and add-ons. So just wanted to say thanks to bonienl for all your hard work!

On my machine on the webGUI there is a PHP error message: "Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 41". It shows up just to the right of the main nav tabs. This pushes the % bar down a line and pushes one of the secondary tabs out of place as well. It is a constant error no matter what page I'm on.

At first I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't have any discs plugged in as I was just getting used to unRAID. But after plugging in a couple (not part of the system yet, not ready to format as of now) the error is still there.

It doesn't seem to affect functionality at all, tho I haven't done much of anything with my system yet. Not sure if it's a bug, or just some setting or status of my setup causing it. Just wondering if anyone knows what's causing this and how I can resolve it.

Thanks in advance!

5mXKuiN.png?1

P.S. I really like the new dashboard you're working on! Tho, IMHO, it could do without the word disc/s on every line. Maybe center the text in that column then, that would clean up the look of it. Just a thought.

The PHP warning message appears because there are no disks assigned yet to your array (something I didn't consider).

I should build in a check to avoid this division by zero. Meanwhile you can get around by putting Display array totals to No. See settings -> User Preferences -> Display Settings.

The PHP warning message appears because there are no disks assigned yet to your array (something I didn't consider).

I should build in a check to avoid this division by zero. Meanwhile you can get around by putting Display array totals to No. See settings -> User Preferences -> Display Settings.

Funny how you/us would never have thought not to have disk assigned to the array

Funny how you/us would never have thought not to have disk assigned to the array

Reminds me of my experience on a very complex piece of  software.

I was the customer facing interface (requirements, algorithms, and such), and worked very closely with the programming team. ('360 assembly language', if you're interested.)

One programming fellow in particular was a delight...

Every time I'd show him a design fault (like the above example of no disks in the array), he'd just stare and stare at my example, and would then mutter, "I don't understand the problem! It's working as implemented!"

Haha, thanks for the reply. It does seem odd to have someone running this GUI without any active discs, glad I could help find a bug. Figured it was something to do with my setup lacking any discs. Not a big problem since I'll be putting in discs soon.

I did change the Display array totals to no, which didn't fix it. I think you meant Show array utilization indicator which did solve the issue. Looks much better now.

Thanks again!

New version 2.2.1 of the webGUI is available.

A new dashboard page has been added, adapted to the feedback given on the beta release. Hope you guys like it :)

An added bonus is the introduction of a black theme (see the OT for a preview). There is a new setting under Display Settings which allows the selection of either white (original) or black theme.

Some optional plugins have been updated in their CSS coding to handle the new black theme.

Use Plugin Control to get the necessary updates installed via the webGUI.

• Squid locked this topic