Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice update!

The dashboard now brings up questions. I have three servers: TV, Movies, and Torrents/Backup. Movies and Torrents/Backup are both at ~55% CPU utilization, while TV is at ~8%. None of them are currently in use. All three show 97% memory usage as well. This seems abnormal.

Both the high utilization machines are AMD Sempron 140 CPUs. The low machine is a dual 1.8 GHz Supermicro 24 bay server.

Is there a way to use Putty to check for what is keeping the CPU and memory at such a high usage?

I guess it doesn't matter to much, I checked the mover script, and it exists immediately if there is no /mnt/cache or /mnt/user0...  But you know buttons are always enticing to push...  :)

Great work on the dash board, it is pretty nice.....

I'll make an additional check on the presence of the cache drive. People have a tendency to push buttons  ;)

Good to hear you like the dashboard!

Nice update!

The dashboard now brings up questions. I have three servers: TV, Movies, and Torrents/Backup. Movies and Torrents/Backup are both at ~55% CPU utilization, while TV is at ~8%. None of them are currently in use. All three show 97% memory usage as well. This seems abnormal.

Both the high utilization machines are AMD Sempron 140 CPUs. The low machine is a dual 1.8 GHz Supermicro 24 bay server.

Is there a way to use Putty to check for what is keeping the CPU and memory at such a high usage?

same here it shows 96% of memory ani know nothing is being really used

Nice update!

The CPU utilization is obtained by doing cat /proc/loadavg. Keep in mind that the GUI reads samples every 5 seconds, any spikes in CPU load become more apparent.

The memory usage includes the cached buffers which the OS dynamically assigns and releases. This makes the usage appear much higher than one would expect. Linux has the tendency to use as much memory as possible.

Great job...love the dark skin  ;D

Edit: Would like the option to add/remove widgets for dashboard

Another edit: Would like the option to have dynamix plugins sorted with those installed first then the remaining not used at the end of the list (or the ability to hide plugins that won't be used). Reason for this request to is to reduce screen clutter.

I just noticed an issue that i have with the gui, under settings i no longer have icons for Sickbeard, etc. If i manually type in the address of  tower/Settings/sickbeard it takes me to the page but that seems like a major issue to me.

If you are using the tabbed settings page, the unplugged plugins are on a separate tab. There is also an issue where they won't show up until you reboot once so try that. I think this is really a problem with those plugins rather than this GUI.

I just noticed an issue that i have with the gui, under settings i no longer have icons for Sickbeard, etc. If i manually type in the address of  tower/Settings/sickbeard it takes me to the page but that seems like a major issue to me.

If you are using the tabbed settings page, the unplugged plugins are on a separate tab. There is also an issue where they won't show up until you reboot once so try that. I think this is really a problem with those plugins rather than this GUI.

Indeed - as explained by trurl - certain plugins have installed themselves in the main webGui folder instead of their own dedicated folder. To get these back a system reboot is required.

New Dynamix webGui version 2.2.2 available

See the opening topic for a list of changes in this version.

People who have installed Control Plugin can upgrade to this new version from the GUI (no reboot required).

Note that starting from this version the new powerdown utlity - created by dlandon - is automatically installed together with the Dynamix webGui. This replaces the old powerdown version which came previously with Dynamix webGui, and is a much improved version which works on both unRAID v5 and v6.

Hope you enjoy all the new stuff :)

Ps. After upgrading you'll need to refresh your browser view (ctrl-F5)

Hi Bonienl

can we have the option to choose our Heat alarm indicator go off on a temp we choose ?

I live in Thailand ... warm country

my disks are always running between 40 and 48 degrees celcius

i would like to set that alarm at 50 degrees celcius

as now all the indicators are on :P

will get better when i put the airco on this afternoon

and for the haters of high temps .... i have disks running more then 5 years ... and i am not going to run airco 24/24 just to cool my disks

Hi Bonienl

can we have the option to choose our Heat alarm indicator go off on a temp we choose ?

and for the haters of high temps .... i have disks running more then 5 years ... and i am not going to run airco 24/24 just to cool my disks

Agree, my disks are in the mid 40s when spinning.  If they hit over 50 I need to know, not before.

One of the pitfalls of living in the tropics but hey, it's summer everyday.....

just tried out 2.2.2 looks really good. love to see where the Dashboard will go.

Still having the issue with freezing when installing certain plugins. so far, email notify, and the System stats plugins crash on install, whether i download it myself or use plugin control...

a reboot doesn't help - web gui never loads, but i can get in via telnet though.

btw - this is on a new flash drive. running 5.0.5;

Could this be related to running in a VM ?

Hi Bonienl

I was expecting some response from the "hot" countries  :D

I changed the heading from "Overheated" to "Heat alarm" with a reason ...

In the current implementation there are two thresholds: 40+ and 50+

These thresholds are based on the general convention that disk temperatures between 25C and 40C are considered 'normal' running temperatures, while 40+ is hot but acceptable. 50+ is the critical level where temperatures become too hot to be good.

People get an advanced notice when first disks become hot (40+) and next pass the critical level (50+). There are two different distinct symbols for that, sure you won't miss it when things become too hot.

Tip: when an alarm is shown, you can hover your mouse over it to see the actual temperature of the disk.

• Squid locked this topic