Dynamix - Web GUI

Can you expand on this? If I understand you correctly, will secure mode require an account for ALL computers who will access the share?

See here and here

Ok.

In the webgui under Users, I created a user account with a password of 1234.

I accessed Shares > Movies > SMB Security Settings and changed the Security to Secure, leaving Export at Yes. Clicked Apply, then the new user account popped up and I changed it to Read-only. Clicked Apply, then clicked Done.

On my laptop, I created a new Windows account with the same credentials as in unRAID. I opened Windows Explorer and typed in the IP address of the server, and the Movies share was visible. I was able to open a file, but NOT delete it. And that was my goal. XBMC still has access to the server without issue, as does my machine where sab runs.

Thanks for your help. I was thrown off by the terminology.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you create the plugins folder under /boot?

print out the following:

ls -las /boot

Lists a  lot of folders including the boot folder. How do I get into the folder as CD boot does not work

Whenever I load a Putty session, I always have to type cd .. to get anything done.

Limelight login: root

Linux 3.9.11p-unRAID.

root@Limelight:~# cd boot

-bash: cd: boot: No such file or directory

root@Limelight:~# ls

mdcmd*  powerdown@  samba@

root@Limelight:~# cd ..

root@Limelight:/# ls

bin/  boot/  dev/  etc/  home/  init@  lib/  mnt/  proc/  root/  sbin/  sys/  tmp/  unread/  usr/  var/

root@Limelight:/#

Lists a  lot of folders including the boot folder. How do I get into the folder as CD boot does not work

Linux is case sensitive. CD is not the correct command. cd is the correct command.

cd boot

would take you to a subfolder named boot in your current folder if it existed.

cd /boot

will take you to the root folder named boot, which is what you want.

and

cd ..

just takes you up one level to the folder that contains the current folder. That might take you to the root or it might not.

Some observations, a bit long, hope you don't mind!

1. I was a bit dismayed by the automatic installation of the new powerdown, as it caused the deletion of a number of syslogs, but I realize that is an issue probably isolated to only me.  Originally, I took one of Rob's (WeeboTech) early powerdown scripts and modified it for my use, and it has worked perfectly all this time.  Among other things, I removed the syslog files pruning, as I wanted all of them kept, in the logs folder.  The powerdown script from its earliest days includes a loop to delete all but the most recent 10 syslogs, which is probably fine with almost everyone (except me!).  I would like to request that you (or dlandon) add a little configurability to the powerdown, as some users may want the ability to control CTRLALTDEL, possibly LOGDIR (where the logs are saved), and LOGSAVE (how many syslogs to keep).  I would like to turn off the log file limiting function completely, but others may want to save only the last 3 or perhaps the last 20.  At present, I don't quite know how to get around this, attempt to go back to Dynamix 2.2.1, or perhaps try to create a modified powerdown txz, placed in /boot/config/plugins so it runs last, but that would mean it has to be modified with each update of powerdown, which is somewhat inconvenient.  I did find the deleted syslogs in my backup of the folder, but that means the backup is not a real backup any longer since it held the only copies.  So it was time to update my backup processes, probably needed anyway.  By the way, the pruning did not quite work right (thankfully for me!), as it only deleted 10 to 13 syslogs, leaving about 70 others untouched, no idea why.  Also, it would be good if powerdown would check for other installations of powerdown, and only install itself if it's a newer version, but I should probably mention that in dlandon's Powerdown thread, not here.

I'm not sure why you are just now having an issue with powerdown.  It has been in Dynamix all along.  I'm not sure why it would "overwrite" your modified version now.

I will be adding a configuration file that will allow you to control the location of your logs, whether or not to save any logs, and how many you want to save.  You will also be able to turn off limiting of logs so none will be deleted.

Powerdown is a package and is installed by installpkg.  Installpkg will install packages over a package that is already installed.  It doesn't matter whether or not the existing package is newer or older.  This has been an ongoing issue with plugins that install different versions of the same package.

The next version of unRAID will have a plugin manager.  That should hopefully help with this issue.  Probably the best thing to do is let powerdown be its own plugin and Dynamix and apcupsd shouldn't install powerdown.

The other thing that could be done is to have powerdown always load the latest version whenever any of the plugins request it, rather than each plugin asking for it by version.  This hasn't been the normal way of doing things up to this point.  The version is stamped in the package name, which is to identify the package version and that's how a plugin asks for the package.  This offers some assurance that the package the plugin is installing is compatible with the plugin.  I'm reluctant to break the standard way of doing things and I would think the user wants to control the version being installed.

cd /boot

I know this, auto predict changed it to CD, thanks though. 

dir does not list inside the folder :/

root@Atlantis:/# cd /boot/plugins
-bash: cd: /boot/plugins: No such file or directory
root@Atlantis:/# cd /boot/
root@Atlantis:/boot# ls
boot/     bzroot*  ldlinux.sys*  make_bootable.bat*  memtest*     syslinux/
bzimage*  config/  license.txt*  make_bootable_mac*  readme.txt*

This is turning out to be a pain lol

cd /boot

I know this, auto predict changed it to CD, thanks though. 

dir does not list inside the folder :/

root@Atlantis:/# cd /boot/plugins
-bash: cd: /boot/plugins: No such file or directory
root@Atlantis:/# cd /boot/
root@Atlantis:/boot# ls
boot/     bzroot*  ldlinux.sys*  make_bootable.bat*  memtest*     syslinux/
bzimage*  config/  license.txt*  make_bootable_mac*  readme.txt*

This is turning out to be a pain lol

ss.png.334a5f886024b3cbfd337e8a214cb96d.png

It seems you have a plugins folder inside a boot folder in your flash drive.

The plugins folder should be in the flash drive directly and not under boot.

from unraid command line run:

mkdir /boot/plugins

and then copy over the WEBUI plugin.

Under Windows/MAC you should see:

--> flash --> plugins

and not

--> flash --> boot --> plugins

boot is the same as flash depending on where you are looking from:

boot - is from unraid command line.

flash - is from Windows/Mac/Linux over the network.

I'm not sure why you are just now having an issue with powerdown.  It has been in Dynamix all along.  I'm not sure why it would "overwrite" your modified version now.

Thank you for responding.  I didn't know it was already in Dynamix.  My powerdown is a modified copy of WeeboTech's early powerdown script, well before there were any plugins or packages.  It's loaded from the go file, by calling an init_powerdown script which installs powerdown (now named rc.unRAID), then runs the sysctl command (from the go file) that links the CtrlAltDel action.  I had to think about it, but then with the help of your comments realized what must have happened.  Normally, the go file is probably executed after all of the plugins are loaded, so mine was loaded last, over-riding the one in Dynamix.  But when I upgraded Dynamix within its plugin manager, that would have installed the new Powerdown instead, over-riding mine and affecting the next shutdown.

I will be adding a configuration file that will allow you to control the location of your logs, whether or not to save any logs, and how many you want to save.  You will also be able to turn off limiting of logs so none will be deleted.

Thank you very much, will wait for it.

The other thing that could be done is to have powerdown always load the latest version whenever any of the plugins request it, rather than each plugin asking for it by version.  This hasn't been the normal way of doing things up to this point.  The version is stamped in the package name, which is to identify the package version and that's how a plugin asks for the package.  This offers some assurance that the package the plugin is installing is compatible with the plugin.  I'm reluctant to break the standard way of doing things and I would think the user wants to control the version being installed.

Great idea!  You have my support!

Great idea!  You have my support!

I won't do anything until we see how the plugin manager works in the next release of unRAID.  I believe it will make this moot.

Hi all,

Just have Dynamix installed and I have a few questions:

I have in /boot/config/plugins/powerdown/rc.unRAID.d a file K00 that has

#stop mysql
/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_mysqld stop

So when I power down through the dynamix powerdown button it should perform a clean powerdown and not get hung up.

However I need to stop the array first and I can't as mysql is still running. It seems a bit like a catch 22.

1) Is there a way to have the stop array button run the K00 script instead?

2) Can I just run the powerdown straight from the cli and if so how? (This would allow me to shutdown via plink automatically when needed)

Thanks Josh

Hi all,

Just have Dynamix installed and I have a few questions:

I have in /boot/config/plugins/powerdown/rc.unRAID.d a file K00 that has

#stop mysql
/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_mysqld stop

So when I power down through the dynamix powerdown button it should perform a clean powerdown and not get hung up.

However I need to stop the array first and I can't as mysql is still running. It seems a bit like a catch 22.

1) Is there a way to have the stop array button run the K00 script instead?

2) Can I just run the powerdown straight from the cli and if so how? (This would allow me to shutdown via plink automatically when needed)

Thanks Josh

I think your K00 file is wrong.

#stop mysql
/etc/rc.d/rc.unraid_mysqld stop

The K00 file will not be executed unless you have rebooted since it was created or you run "/etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID update" at a command prompt to get it updated to powerdown.  Powerdown updates the K files when it is started or you do this manual update.

The K00 file will be run when the array is stopped through the webGui before the disks are unmounted.

You can run powerdown from the cli by typing "powerdown" to shutdown the system, or "powerdown -r" to reboot.

Thanks,

The code I had works when manually entered but the mysql is installed via unmenu so I don't know the location is different.

The reboot fixed it though.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Most plugins install in the /etc/rc.d/ directory.  UnMenu is doing it differently.

Glad you got it worked out.

Has the random disk spinup been fixed yet?

I may not be the right person to respond, as I've never heard of a random disk spinup issue.  In general, if a disk spins up unexpectedly, there's a reason for it.  Something has accessed that drive.  It may not be easy, but you will have to track it down.  Check what files and folders are on the drive, then try to come up with ideas as to what program, both on the UnRAID server or elsewhere on the network, may have any interest in accessing/polling/reading/writing some file or folder on that drive.  You will probably be surprised!

I've got a strange problem that's been around for awhile, but since it wasn't a big issue I haven't mentioned it (I think it first started in Simple Features days if that helps).  On one machine (and only one, so it must be something specific to that machine), when I click on the log icon to the right of the CPU temps, it brings up a pop up window with system log (the heading) and nothing else.  It does this in multiple browsers (I've tried Chrome and IE).  On all the other machines it works correctly, and the pop up for system info works fine on this machine.  Any ideas/suggestions?

I've got a strange problem that's been around for awhile, but since it wasn't a big issue I haven't mentioned it (I think it first started in Simple Features days if that helps).  On one machine (and only one, so it must be something specific to that machine), when I click on the log icon to the right of the CPU temps, it brings up a pop up window with system log (the heading) and nothing else.  It does this in multiple browsers (I've tried Chrome and IE).  On all the other machines it works correctly, and the pop up for system info works fine on this machine.  Any ideas/suggestions?

I get the same thing on my iPad with Safari browser.

Hi all-

Been running Dynamix for several weeks, and liking it.  Unfortunately, it stopped responding a little while ago.  I still have unMENU running, so it's not been a critical issue, so I'm just now getting around to asking about this.

Using unMENU, I filtered the syslog for errors, and it gave me this:

Feb 20 16:55:09 NAS logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.info-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg:1: parser error : Document is empty in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 (Errors)
Feb 20 16:55:09 NAS logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.info-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 (Errors)
Feb 20 16:55:09 NAS logger:  xml parse error (Errors)

Full log zipped & attached.

It appears that /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.info-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg is, in fact, empty. Can I simply do a wget to redownload it (full path to the server would be awesome), then is there a command to get Dynamix restarted, or do I have to reboot the server?

I'm not aware of any changes to the system, other than possibly an update to CP or SB. My last re-boot was right about the time of the errors - we had an extended power outage, and the server shut down. It's on a UPS, and I've got the plugin installed for it, but I don't know if it actually shut down properly, or if it just lost power.

TIA!

syslog-2014-03-06.zip

Some observations, a bit long, hope you don't mind!

Sure I don't mind :)

I have a look at your proposals and observations and see what is possible/feasible. Keep in mind though that Dynamix is not a unMenu replacement, and won't have all the functionality of unMenu (but both can happily live next to each other).

Currently I am short in time to work on Dynamix, job related matters need to take most of my time, but updates will come eventually!

I get the same thing on my iPad with Safari browser.

The popup window is created by a javascript application, called shadowbox, its content is plain HTML.

I need to look into this. Not sure why it is happening.

I ran CHKDSK on my flash drive - several times - there was nothing wrong with it.

While I had in in my Win machine, I snagged a copy of the System Info pkg and saved it out there, rebooted, and everything seems to be running fine now.

My 2nd question still stands:

Had I simply downloaded and copied the file to the flash drive while the server was up, is there a way to restart the plugin without rebooting the server? Could I simply do a reinstall?

The Web GUI stops loading for me after about a day or two of being up.

The array seems to be up, and I have apps running fine (Plex, SAB, Sickbeard) but the Web GUI stops loading for some reason.

It's not my cache, I have tried it on multiple machines in my house after clearing my caches.

I’ve re-installed it once before, and the problem has yet to go away….

I thought it was one of the plugins I was using (system stats, so I disabled it and it was up for about 17 days…Had to reboot, and not I can’t get the Web GUI to stay running for more than a few hours.

Anyone have any clue what's going on?

Link to syslog: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BweGVGrblPvgS29nVUswbGFackE/edit?usp=sharing

• Squid locked this topic