Dynamix - Web GUI

I didn't have both. It wasn't till I physically dug around in the flash drive and removed every file that related to SF that my trouble cleared up. At first I didn't know SF was being phased out. Because it all just worked. And it actually worked with 5.0.5 for a bit. I uninstalled SF via Telnet and installed Dynamix and encountered GUI problems. That's when I dug deeper. Never really used unMenu that much. Will put it back when I need any of its features.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have installed Dynamix and I get an error when loading up which reads: Could not open input file: plugins/WebGui/template.php

It may be because I'm using unraid 5.05 and it sats only unraid V5, does that mean version 5.0 only?

I was having trouble also. Once I removed simple features and unMenu it's been up for 173 days. Not saying they are the culprit but I wasn't lasting 18 hours before.

If I had to guess it was SF and 5.0.5.

Currently running 5.0.5 - dynamix full addons - plex

"Only thing I hate about unRaid, it works so well I forget about it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Dynamix is intended to replace SimpleFeatures, you should definitely not have SimpleFeatures and Dynamix both installed. In fact, SimpleFeatures is no longer compatible with unRAID 5 so should not be installed in any case. It is unlikely that unMenu has anything to do with it since it is completely independent of the webGUI and I have never heard of it breaking anything.

Judging from megalodon's error it may have something to do with Limetech's enhanced webGUI. It should also not be used with Dynamix.

megalodon, post a complete syslog.

It is a new download of unRAID 5.05, the only thing extra on the USB drive is the preclear script. I was wondering if the default webGui that is included with 5.05 is causing issues. I have not even setup the array and added the drives yet, I wanted to use dynamix as my webGui, all Im doing is pre clearing drives at present. Go 20 to do so I can imagine its going to take a week or more.

It is a new download of unRAID 5.05, the only thing extra on the USB drive is the preclear script. I was wondering if the default webGui that is included with 5.05 is causing issues. I have not even setup the array and added the drives yet, I wanted to use dynamix as my webGui, all Im doing is pre clearing drives at present. Go 20 to do so I can imagine its going to take a week or more.

Without a syslog we are just guessing. It may be that you have a bad download, or are improperly installing Dynamix.

Without a syslog we are just guessing. It may be that you have a bad download, or are improperly installing Dynamix.

When my hard drives having finished preclearing in a few days I will try again. I seem to recall that I tried to download from your website using the  wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.4-noarch-bergware.plg code in unraid and it returned a raw.gibhub error so I right clicked on the download link and the dragged the ply file over to the plugins directory on the key plugged into my mac so maybe that is where the fault is.

Okay so I followed the instructions on the webpage: http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/

As Im still preclearing I opened another window and made the directory for the plugins, I'm using KVM so I had to manually type the link into the window and it returns this error, I have tried it 3 times now: wget unable to resolve host address 'raw.github.com' this is why Im having to manually download it.

As I recall, there was an issue with fast CPUs where unRAID would come ready, start to install add-in packages and would try to download from the internet before the LAN was completely initialized.  I know that several solutions were proposed to solve the problem.  (Including adding a looping check in each package to verify that the Internet connection was up, Limetech adding code to unRAID to do the same thing, etc...) What I can't recall is if any of them were ever done. 

Most people at the time were doing what you are doing--- download the code manually. 

I don't really know how to do that from the console, but the server is plugged into the router and its connecting to the internet. Its a similar message that I got returned when running the wget command and not manually installing.

The only thing I have not done is add my DNS settings in unraid, it has a fixed IP but I have been trying to find out about the DNA 1 & 2 settings, i.e. is it from my ADSL provider or router or what, this may have something to do with it. But its picking up the UK NTP time server and setting the time okay.

I don't really know how to do that from the console, but the server is plugged into the router and its connecting to the internet. Its a similar message that I got returned when running the wget command and not manually installing.

The plugin needs to download that other file. Alternatively, you could download it yourself and put it in /boot/plugins since that is where the plugin will put it when it downloads it.

Ping from linux is the same as from DOS:

ping www.google.com

but it will keep doing it until you do Ctrl-C to stop.

Yes looks like that is the problem as it gives an unknown host reply. I have looked in my router settings and it says use router as DNS server, maybe I should change it and put my internet provider DNS settings in there or leave it as is and put my internet providers DNS settings in unraid webGUI, i.e. the network.cfg script. I don't know and there is very little information in the unraid configuration guide under DNS settings.

The only thing I have not done is add my DNS settings in unraid, it has a fixed IP but I have been trying to find out about the DNA 1 & 2 settings, i.e. is it from my ADSL provider or router or what, this may have something to do with it. But its picking up the UK NTP time server and setting the time okay.

Try using these for your DNS addresses on your server.  (They are the ones for google's DNS service.

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

Or go to your IPS information page and get the addresses for their servers.

EDIT The reason I am suggesting this as I added DNS addresses to my network setting and there had to be a reason that I did it!!!

Yes I will do that as soon as my drives finish preclearing, about 15 hours to go. As I don't want to affect anything. I have my ISP DNS server setting and can use then, I just wondered why the router is preset at use router as DNS server. Thanks for your help Im sure these settings have something to do with it, I will change them in unraid and on my router.

When I have the dynamic updates turned on, this thrashes my disks.  Is this by design or do I perhaps need to fix a configuration setting somewhere?  I can disable them and my disks are quiet.  I just have to refresh my web browser if I want an update.

When I have the dynamic updates turned on, this thrashes my disks.  Is this by design or do I perhaps need to fix a configuration setting somewhere?  I can disable them and my disks are quiet.  I just have to refresh my web browser if I want an update.

I don't doubt this can happen if you don't have a lot of memory in Windows/mac computer and you have a lot of windows open.  In memory stuff that is not active for a period of time will be spooled out to cache memory on your hard disk.  When an update to the webpage comes along, that memory segment has to rolled back in, updated and will probably be rolled back out again in due course. 

Yes I will do that as soon as my drives finish preclearing, about 15 hours to go. As I don't want to affect anything. I have my ISP DNS server setting and can use then, I just wondered why the router is preset at use router as DNS server. Thanks for your help Im sure these settings have something to do with it, I will change them in unraid and on my router.

I would leave the router alone and just add them to the unRAID settings.  That will prevent unRAID from thinking that the  router has already been supplied them. (This will normally happen when unRAID gets the IP address automatically from the router.)

Thrashes the disks in the PC where the web browser is running, or thrashes the disks on your unRAID server?

Given where LT is with v5.06 and the buggy webgui, I have decided to try Dynamix.  I was a big time SF user before, but now I run stock unraid, with only a few plugins (CP NZBSAB, SB, APC and Plex.

Are there any know issues with Dynamix with the plugins I list above?

Looks like I just drop the main plugin in the /boot/config/plugins directory.  Do I also put the optional plugins there too?  Or do they go in their own directory (like SF did)?

ok, dropped in /boot/plugins and I now have this gui running.  However, at the top row I have Dashboard, Main, etc. but no Dynamix, Health, and Stats - those are missing.  Yes, I cleared my cache and I even tried from my ipad.  I didn't notice any errors and the gui itself seems fine.  Sorry, had to run back t work so no time to attach syslog.  Will do that later.

What did I do wrong?

Sorry, I don't use this anymore since I moved to v6betas.

Looking at bonienl's github I think you also have to install the plugin control in /boot/config/plugins, and that is what allows you to install all the other Dynamix plugins. See the last image on that page for what it looks like when you get it working.

• Squid locked this topic