Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get those errors too, but I like the email notify and I don't think the errors are critical.  I think it's just a openssl version conflict between packages.  Another fun piece of managing plugins in unraid.

What other plugins are you running?

I run Dynamix WebGui, Dynamix System Temp and APC UPS plugin, thats all. It is related to email notify and its related to a url thats not found, maybe its important, maybe not but the email notify developer needs to look at it.

I couldn't get it setup to send me any emails either. Maybe a setting was incorrect, I don't know but I couldn't find any more information about the settings pages or a screen shot of someone else's to help me set it up. I also don't want random emails sent only the critical ones.

I think its the APC one that causes this, but I don't know for sure.  try sending a PM to bonienl for support.  Make sure you have read this thread before asking for help.  Also go here

http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/ and read that page.

As for the settings for email notify, they are very straight forward.  you just need to put your mail server information in the boxes.  Don't forget to also configure the SMTP tab information.

Google is your friend to get your mail sever information, if you don't know it.

You tell it how often to send the normal status emails.  I have mine setup for twice a day.  You can set that to 1 a week, just increase the value.  If the system has critical issues, it send immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Update available v2.2.6

I have been working on the dashboard page and added several additions:

[*]Active streams - for each share the number of active streams is shown in real-time

[*]Network info - receive/transmit counters and errors are available in real-time

[*]Heat alarm - alarms are now displayed in alternating text and image

Furthermore some minor corrections in css and coding.

People who have installed the plugin control can update through the GUI.

Note: after upgrading you need to clear your browser's cache to make the changes effective.

Hope you like the new version :)

Thanks Bonienl!

update went great, no issues.  Dashboard looks great too!

Update:  While everything is working just fine and the gui looks very nice, I did notice the following errors on my console - but nothing in my syslog,

WARNING:  cannot verify raw.github.com's certificate, issued by '/CUS/0=DigiCert Inc/Ou=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance CA-3';

unable to locally verify the issuer's authority

WARNING: certificate common name 'www.github.com' doesn't match requirested host name 'raw.github.com'.

that error repeats twice and then...

URL:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download/dynamix.webGui-2.2.6-i486-1.txz [807736/807736] -> "/boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.6-i486-1.txz [1]

not sure what that is all about, but the update went fine and things seem ok.

Hey bonienl!

I'd like to thank you for all your hard work you've done on this GUI, it's awesome!  I do have a question/request though... I would like to have my mover script run every x hours, however from the GUI I can only have it run hourly/daily/etc.  Is it possible to either have that feature added, or is their a way to override the GUI settings?

Thanks in advance.

~Spritz

@Switchblade

You can add the following to your go file to set Unraid so the web browser is the last thing to be killed in an OOM condition.

#############################################
# This adjusts the PID for UNRAID server and Shares process may never be killed in a low memory condition.
# Uses the new oom_score_adj
############################################
# Set UNRAID webserver is never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/local/sbin/emhttp" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
# 
# Set SAMBA so shares are never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/sbin/smbd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#
# Set UNRAID Telnet is never killed off.
pgrep -f "in.telnetd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#
#

You can use these commands for before and after to see what the value is set at.  After you have run the commands above, the result of the commands below should be "0".

# Check the OOM values before the change
pgrep -f "/usr/local/sbin/emhttp" | while read PID; do cat /proc/$PID/oom_score; done
pgrep -f "/usr/sbin/smbd" | while read PID; do cat /proc/$PID/oom_score; done
pgrep -f "in.telnetd" | while read PID; do cat /proc/$PID/oom_score; done

More information is here:  http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man5/proc.5.html

/proc/[pid]/oom_score_adj (since Linux 2.6.36)

"The value of oom_score_adj is added to the badness score before it is used to determine which task to kill.  Acceptable values range from -1000 (OOM_SCORE_ADJ_MIN) to +1000 (OOM_SCORE_ADJ_MAX).  This allows user space to control the preference for OOM-killing, ranging from always preferring a certain task or completely disabling it from OOM-killing.  The lowest possible value, -1000, is equivalent to disabling OOM-killing entirely for that task, since it will always report a  badness score of 0.

OK, another, admittedly minor, issue.

I'm preclearing a disk using JoeL's script. It reports 92% complete at 88.1 MB/s, but Dynamix's Main | Unassigned Devices is reporting it as 92% 50 MB/s. That's a fairly significant difference in speed being reported.

I'm inclined to believe the script is more accurate, but am open to being shown otherwise. Does Dynamix calculate the speed based on drive size & time? Does it scrape it from a file somewhere that preclear_disk.sh drops somewhere?

Again, not a big issue, but one I've noticed before when running unMenu, so there's something going on.

The numbers displayed by Dynamix are coming from the preclear script. The script maintains a progress status for each disk which is stored in the corresponding file in the directory /tmp. There is a difference between the speed reported on screen and the speed saved in the status file.

Thanks for the info, bonienl. As I said, a minor issue, but one I was curious about. Since I have the telnet session open while the pre-clear is running, I'll just refer to that for speed. The percentage complete appears to be the same, so no issues there.

Thanks for all your hard work on Dynamix.

Is it safe to run the Smart test under the Health tab while the array is mounted and in use?

Yes a SMART test runs in the background without interfering with other disk operations. Keep in mind that a disk needs to be spun up while the SMART test is running. E.g. set the spin down time longer than the duration of the test or temporarily disable it completely.

Looking to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

I'm running 5.0.4 with dynamix.  Under the web server settings I have all 3 logs disabled.  (PHP Error, Error, Access)

Yet PHP Error continues to show up and grow like crazy.  (I'm not so worried about the errors inside PHP, I'm more concerned that the file is showing up when I have it selected as disabled.  I've rebooted server and selected enable and back to disable and the errors continue to show.

Any ideas?

The current dynamix web server version has a bug and PHP errors can't be disabled. This will be corrected in the upcoming version.

Getting lots of PHP errors usually means something is structually wrong in one or more PHP scripts. Before ignoring the error messages it would be wise to see what is causing them and approach the relevant developer for corrections.

Dynamix seems to be responding fairly slowly for me (navigating menus, etc).  Is there something obvious I can check to speed up the web UI up a bit?  I'm seeing ~1-2 seconds to switch to settings/shares/etc.  I'm running it on an older 3.2GHz quad core i7 with 4GB of ram, which would seem to be overkill.  Is that typical? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

m

Dynamix seems to be responding fairly slowly for me (navigating menus, etc).  Is there something obvious I can check to speed up the web UI up a bit?  I'm seeing ~1-2 seconds to switch to settings/shares/etc.  I'm running it on an older 3.2GHz quad core i7 with 4GB of ram, which would seem to be overkill.  Is that typical? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

m

Do you have any other plugins installed besides Dynamix ?

Update available v2.2.7

This version introduces a new system for page updates, it is now possible to select the update frequency to suite your needs.

Also changes to the SHARES page and MOVER are done. See the opening post for more details of the changes in v2.2.7.

Besides the updates to the webGui several optional plugins have had an update too. These are:

• Active streams
  • Cache Dirs
  • Disk Health
  • Email Notify
  • System Info
  • System Stats
  • Web Server

People who have installed the plugin control can update all new versions through the GUI. And read the respective changes of each plugin.

Note: after upgrading you need to clear your browser's cache to make the changes effective.

Hope you like the new versions :)

Just a thought, could you change the color of the Dynamix tab on the menu bar (if that's the right term) when there is an update?

I've caught the last two updates pretty quickly because I'm using Tappatalk now, and it alerts me to a new post in this thread, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't use it and end up several versions behind because they don't think to look for updates. I know I wasn't looking for them until I discovered the forums were available via Tappatalk, and I believe I was 2 or 3 releases behind at one point.

Either way, thanks for your great work!

Just realized. the bottom right corner of the screen says I'm running Version 1.2.1, while the Dynamix tab says my local WebGui version is 2.2.7.

I've clicked the "Install" button (which comes back saying "Install", and doesn't indicate that it's done anything), and I've gone into browser history on both Firefox and Chrome and cleared cache from the beginning of time, then reloaded the page, and it still says V 1.2.1. I've closed out all my tabs open to the server, cleared cache then opened a new tab and it still comes up saying I'm running v 1.2.1, and the Dynamix tab still says WebGui needs to be installed. (Same issue with all the plugins that were updated, just keeping it simple for now.)

What am I missing here?

EDIT: I closed all my tabs connected to my unRAID, cleared cache since the beginning of time, closed Chrome, reopened Chrome, launched a new tab to unRAID/Main & it still shows v 1.2.1 & all the plugins still show they need to be installed (even though I've clicked install at least once for each of them).  Never had a problem with the install button 'sticking' like this before, but obviously, I've had, but not noticed the v 1.2.1 sticking around for a while (I had updated to 2.something a while back).

• Squid locked this topic