Dynamix - Web GUI

I just updated, all worked fine - thanks for the updates bonienl!  After doing the chrome "clear step", shows I have the current version installed, with the "changes" button, so no issues.

While all of the items in the dynamix tab show I'm running version 2.x, I too see that it says 1.21 in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  The actual text is:  "Author: Bergware. Version: 1.2.1.  unRAID™ webGui © 2010-2013 Lime Technology LLC."  My guess is this is just a text file update and not really correct nor important.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The text in the bottom right is indeed a 'static' reference and does not indicate the version of the plugin itself. The version of each installed and latest plugin is shown on the Dynamix page.

Read version 1.2.1 as "one-to-one", which means I started with a one to one translation of the original Limetech code.  :D

Often when you make changes in the webGUI that won't stick, it is because the flash drive is corrupt and can't be written. If you post a syslog we could get a better idea if this is what is happening.

It's been suggested to me a couple of times that there is an issue with my flash drive, but every time I check it (chkdsk on a Win7 machine), everything comes up roses...

Here's the syslog

EDIT: OK, I looked at the log after posting it and it ends on 15 Aug. It shouldn't be an out of space issue - Dynamix is reporting that I have 3.8GB free on my flash drive. I'm not sure what physical device /var/log resides on, though...

syslog-2014-08-20.txt

Often when you make changes in the webGUI that won't stick, it is because the flash drive is corrupt and can't be written. If you post a syslog we could get a better idea if this is what is happening.

It's been suggested to me a couple of times that there is an issue with my flash drive, but every time I check it (chkdsk on a Win7 machine), everything comes up roses...

Here's the syslog

EDIT: OK, I looked at the log after posting it and it ends on 15 Aug. It shouldn't be an out of space issue - Dynamix is reporting that I have 3.8GB free on my flash drive. I'm not sure what physical device /var/log resides on, though...

/var/log resides in memory

Here's the syslog

Early on August 6, the syslog must have grown too big and was rotated out, so this syslog has almost no hardware info in it, and is little help.  It just contains the daily operations over 9 days, Aug 6 to Aug 15.  Since you are running Dynamix, you are probably using UnRAID v5, which is 32 bit and separates memory into low and high mem.  Most of UnRAID, the kernel, the I/O buffers, the RAM disk filesystem (which includes the syslog), and most of the plugin memory requirements are limited to lowmem, typically the first 900MB.  It would help to know how much RAM you have, and what all you are running that could be memory-intensive.  Another syslog after a reboot would help us check the hardware, including the flash drive.

Im a lurker of the forums, but Ive had unraid for about 4+ years now.

I cant figure out how to add a new disk to unraid while using dynamix. I added the drive, booted, and the drive only shows in Unassigned Drives. I Stopped the array, but I cant find an option to add the drive to the array (and preclear). Ive googled every keyword I can think of, and browsed a good portion of the 60+ pages of this thread to no avail.

also.. Is there an easy way to switch to the stock GUI? or does that require uninstallation?

See screen shots attached. I think on my array devices (when stopped) it should show disk 6 and a dropdown to select it. but its not there. Im running dynamix V2.2.7 and unraid 5.0-rc12a.

thanks

Capture1.JPG.39a443f34733c90f9c9b7cda2aafc1c2.JPG

Capture2.JPG.3a95694799e4321416c251ed9d77002e.JPG

Im a lurker of the forums, but Ive had unraid for about 4+ years now.

I cant figure out how to add a new disk to unraid while using dynamix. I added the drive, booted, and the drive only shows in Unassigned Drives. I Stopped the array, but I cant find an option to add the drive to the array (and preclear). Ive googled every keyword I can think of, and browsed a good portion of the 60+ pages of this thread to no avail.

also.. Is there an easy way to switch to the stock GUI? or does that require uninstallation?

See screen shots attached. I think on my array devices (when stopped) it should show disk 6 and a dropdown to select it. but its not there. Im running dynamix V2.2.7 and unraid 5.0-rc12a.

thanks

You can't add any more disks to the array because you have an unRAID Plus license. That license allows you 6 array disks including the parity disk. You'll have to jump up to the Pro license to add more disks to the array.

bonienl ---

I have an issue with the configuration of e-mail notification.  It worked fine until I changed the password (as a part of increasing security of the e-mail).  Since then I have been getting the following entry in SYSLOG when I test the e-mail on the smtp settings page:

Aug 26 09:55:14 Rose sSMTP[32302]: Creating SSL connection to host
Aug 26 09:55:14 Rose sSMTP[32302]: SSL connection using RC4-SHA
Aug 26 09:55:17 Rose sSMTP[32302]: Authorization failed (535 5.7.0 (#AUTH011) Incorrect username or password.) 

I check the password in the dynamix.email.notify.cfg file and the entry is correct there.  The only thing I can think of is that I used these three symbols--- ! @  # ---- in this password.  Would one of these cause an issue when the password is read from the .cfg file and passed off to my e-mail provider?

Hi all,

Is it normal for Dynamix (or maybe the Unraid UI in general) to take ~1-2 seconds when clicking into menus (like settings)?  I'm finding it sluggish, even though I am on an i7/8GB machine with 1G wired network between the client and unraid.  It feels like it should respond a lot quicker than it is currently.

Anything obvious that might be causing the UI to lag?  Any logs I could look to for help tracking it down?

Many thanks!

I'll need to test that - not sure what happens with 'special' characters.

First the obvious question: is the password correctly stored, see file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.email.notify.cfg ?

Yes, that is one of the first things that I checked.

Did some further investigation...

The problem is with the program 'ssmtp' which is used to send the emails. There is a known bug that passwords containing the # character are not handled properly.

I tested this myself and indeed a password containing the # character gets an authorization fails (actually ssmtp sends an 'empty' password at this point). Other characters, such as @ or ! are fine though.

First the obvious question: is the password correctly stored, see file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.email.notify.cfg ?

The problem is with the program 'ssmtp' which is used to send the emails. There is a known bug that passwords containing the # character are not handled properly.

I tested this myself and indeed a password containing the # character gets an authorization fails (actually ssmtp sends an 'empty' password at this point). Other characters, such as @ or ! are fine though.

A HUGH Thank You for your efforts in determining this.  I will be changing that password and verifying that it fixes the problem.

As a general statement may it be assumed that the # is only special character that causes an issue?  (As a general piece of information for all --not just for me but for all.)

A HUGH Thank You for your efforts in determining this.  I will be changing that password and verifying that it fixes the problem.

As a general statement may it be assumed that the # is only special character that causes an issue?  (As a general piece of information for all --not just for me but for all.)

Fixed the problem.

According to the information I reviewed the problem is only with the # character. SSMTP reads a line with such a character in it as 'remark' only, regardless of its position, hence the zero length password it sends out.

It might be an good idea to put this information in the first post as a caution about this SSMTP limitation for the E-mail login passwords when using the 'Email Notification' user utility. 

I know it does not happen often but looking for the answer in 67+ pages is not fun!

It might be an good idea to put this information in the first post as a caution about this SSMTP limitation for the E-mail login passwords when using the 'Email Notification' user utility. 

I know it does not happen often but looking for the answer in 67+ pages is not fun!

I think I have an even better solution; I will issue a new version of the email plugin which warns the user when the # character is used in either name or password.

This way there is 'immediate' feedback and you don't need to search the forum at all :)

Update available v2.2.8

This version introduces an enhanced notification system. Several critical disk parameters will be monitored in the background and a notification is given when issues are detected.

Added some other improvements as well, based on the feedback given in this forum. Hope it is useful.

The 'plugin control' feature can now send a notification when a new plugin version becomes available, there is no more need to check the Dynamix page for pending updates, still that page is used for installation though.

People who have installed the plugin control can update all new versions through the GUI. And read the respective changes of each plugin.

Note: after upgrading you need to clear your browser's cache to make the changes effective.

Hope you like the new versions :)

• Squid locked this topic