Dynamix - Web GUI

It should install now the latest version (2.07) of Powerdown.

You can try to (re-)install the webGui manually. Telnet into your system to do so.

root@vesta:/boot/plugins# installplg dynamix.webGui-2.2.8-noarch-bergware.plg

installing plugin: dynamix.webGui-2.2.8-noarch-bergware

file /tmp/plugin-startup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

/bin/bash /tmp/plugin-startup ... success

file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.webGui.cfg: already exists

file /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.8-i486-1.txz: already exists

upgradepkg --install-new /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.8-i486-1.txz ...

+==============================================================================

| Skipping package dynamix.webGui-2.2.8-i486-1 (already installed)

success

file /boot/config/plugins/images/dynamix.webGui.png: already exists

file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/images/dynamix.webGui.png: already exists

file /tmp/plugin-install: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

/bin/bash /tmp/plugin-install ... executing !

installing plugin: powerdown

file /tmp/powerdown-prepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

/bin/bash /tmp/powerdown-prepare ... success

file /boot/packages/powerdown-2.07-noarch-unRAID.tgz: already exists

CTRLALTDEL=YES upgradepkg --install-new /boot/packages/powerdown-2.07-noarch-unRAID.tgz ...

| Installing new package /boot/packages/powerdown-2.07-noarch-unRAID.tgz

Also make sure you do *NOT* have stored the old plugin version of Powerdown in your '/boot/config/plugins' folder.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried both ways

I updated Dynamix to 2.2.8 this morning and it was still on powerdown 2.06 now tried a manual install like you suggested and get this at command line, and it keeps adding the powerdown-2.06-noarch-unRAID.tgz to my packages folder even after I delete it. powerdown-2.07-noarch-unRAID.tgz is in there as well, here is my command line after a third reboot.

Screen_Shot_2014-08-31_at_15_14.jpg.00e06f1ceeb1169653e27d856a4bdc74.jpg

I have tried both ways

I updated Dynamix to 2.2.8 this morning and it was still on powerdown 2.06 now tried a manual install like you suggested and get this at command line, and it keeps adding the powerdown-2.06-noarch-unRAID.tgz to my packages folder even after I delete it. powerdown-2.07-noarch-unRAID.tgz is in there as well, here is my command line after a third reboot.

If you have the apcupsd plugin installed, it too will install powerdown and it is probably installing 2.06.  Edit the apcupsd plugin and change the 2.06 to 2.07 and it should sort itself out.

EDIT: Post a syslog so we can see what packages are being loaded.

Yes thanks I edited the APC UPS plugin and changed the two lines from 2.06 to 2.07 and it has now loaded 2.07. I still have this instal error at line 19 that was not there before. syslog attached.

That error is in Dynamix.  The complete path is missing for installplg when powerdown is being installed.

Yes thanks I edited the APC UPS plugin and changed the two lines from 2.06 to 2.07 and it has now loaded 2.07. I still have this instal error at line 19 that was not there before. syslog attached.

That error is in Dynamix.  The complete path is missing for installplg when powerdown is being installed.

Yeah, that's a mistake in Dynamix PLG file.

I corrected it and placed the correct version on Github. You'll need to download and save it manually if you have version 2.2.8 already installed.

Download this zip file, unzip and store the PLG file in the folder '/boot/plugins'.

Update available v2.2.8

This version introduces an enhanced notification system. Several critical disk parameters will be monitored in the background and a notification is given when issues are detected.

Added some other improvements as well, based on the feedback given in this forum. Hope it is useful.

The 'plugin control' feature can now send a notification when a new plugin version becomes available, there is no more need to check the Dynamix page for pending updates, still that page is used for installation though.

People who have installed the plugin control can update all new versions through the GUI. And read the respective changes of each plugin.

Thanks Bonienl, update went fine.  So the plugin control will now auto send an email when there is an update - or do we need to turn that on somewhere?

Thanks Bonienl, update went fine.  So the plugin control will now auto send an email when there is an update - or do we need to turn that on somewhere?

No, you will see a notification message appear when the GUI is open, see attachment for an example.

notification.png.61fbbf098998e6779f38a03b195440c2.png

There is a bug in the s3 sleep settings page for custom commands. There needs to be an extra space, otherwise you get:

options="-C 1 -a -A -m 15 -l -L -e eth0  -p /usr/local/bin/postRun-D 0"

Fixing the cfg by hand probably works....but whenever you change the settings, it'll revert back.

Okay, thanks for spotting. Will correct this in the next version.

Kudos for the changes, looks nice.  I appreciate the 'collusion' with dlandon on how Powerdown is now installed, no dependence on specific file names.  I do have a couple of comments though, and one concern.

I appreciate the fix for Unassigned devices.  I never got around to reporting it, partly felt it was too obvious for you not to notice it sooner or later.

System.stats specifies using Slackware 13.37, loads lm_sensors-3.3.4-i486-1_slack13.37.txz.  System.temp specifies 13.1, loads lm_sensors-3.3.4-i486-1_slack13.1.txz.  On my system, the 13.37 version is loaded first, then 'upgraded' to the 13.1 version.  It does not appear to cause any problems, but seems incorrect.

A minor issue, Uptime is often wrong, whenever I return to a page with the Back key.  The time shown (sometimes several hours off) is whatever was last displayed before leaving the page, and will then increment the minutes (but from the old time, not the correct time).  If I press the Info button and return, the Uptime is updated to the correct value.

I also appreciate that the new way of installing Powerdown does include setting up CTRLALTDEL, since it's no longer called from Dynamix.  (And I appreciate dlandons work, I've created a powerdown.conf to keep all syslogs.  And it correctly syncs the flash drive.)

What concerns me though is what appears to me to be a security hole, but after thinking more about it, I'll PM you both, rather than reveal it publicly.  I suspect you can guess it.

I appreciate the fix for Unassigned devices.  I never got around to reporting it, partly felt it was too obvious for you not to notice it sooner or later.

Maybe you forgot but you did mention it some time ago, I keep track of user remarks and these end up on my todo list (actually several of your previous remarks were/are on my todo list :)). In this case it took a bit longer to implement though since it got pushed down in favor of the 'other' stuff I was developing.

System.stats specifies using Slackware 13.37, loads lm_sensors-3.3.4-i486-1_slack13.37.txz.  System.temp specifies 13.1, loads lm_sensors-3.3.4-i486-1_slack13.1.txz.  On my system, the 13.37 version is loaded first, then 'upgraded' to the 13.1 version.  It does not appear to cause any problems, but seems incorrect.

Yeah this was reported to me earlier via github. I have uploaded the corrected PLG file to github (version unchanged), you may want to get it.

A minor issue, Uptime is often wrong, whenever I return to a page with the Back key.  The time shown (sometimes several hours off) is whatever was last displayed before leaving the page, and will then increment the minutes (but from the old time, not the correct time).  If I press the Info button and return, the Uptime is updated to the correct value.

You are using Chrome I suppose. This browser halts execution of javascript when a page is put in the background. Since the system time is maintained locally by javascript it won't get updated until you return to the page. Firefox and Internet Explorer keep javascript running in the background and don't have this 'problem'.

Just realized. the bottom right corner of the screen says I'm running Version 1.2.1, while the Dynamix tab says my local WebGui version is 2.2.7.

I've clicked the "Install" button (which comes back saying "Install", and doesn't indicate that it's done anything), and I've gone into browser history on both Firefox and Chrome and cleared cache from the beginning of time, then reloaded the page, and it still says V 1.2.1. I've closed out all my tabs open to the server, cleared cache then opened a new tab and it still comes up saying I'm running v 1.2.1, and the Dynamix tab still says WebGui needs to be installed. (Same issue with all the plugins that were updated, just keeping it simple for now.)

What am I missing here?

EDIT: I closed all my tabs connected to my unRAID, cleared cache since the beginning of time, closed Chrome, reopened Chrome, launched a new tab to unRAID/Main & it still shows v 1.2.1 & all the plugins still show they need to be installed (even though I've clicked install at least once for each of them).  Never had a problem with the install button 'sticking' like this before, but obviously, I've had, but not noticed the v 1.2.1 sticking around for a while (I had updated to 2.something a while back).

FYI, the 2.2.8 update worked just great. It's reporting 2.2.8 on the bottom left, and every updated component went from 'Update' to 'Install' to 'Changes' with each click.

Glad to see the notification flag will pop up when there are new versions, as well.

Thanks again for all your effort, bonienl!

Hi Bonienl

can we have the option to choose our Heat alarm indicator go off on a temp we choose ?

I live in Thailand ... warm country

my disks are always running between 40 and 48 degrees celcius

i would like to set that alarm at 50 degrees celcius

as now all the indicators are on :P

will get better when i put the airco on this afternoon

and for the haters of high temps .... i have disks running more then 5 years ... and i am not going to run airco 24/24 just to cool my disks

I was expecting some response from the "hot" countries  :D

I changed the heading from "Overheated" to "Heat alarm" with a reason ...

In the current implementation there are two thresholds: 40+ and 50+

These thresholds are based on the general convention that disk temperatures between 25C and 40C are considered 'normal' running temperatures, while 40+ is hot but acceptable. 50+ is the critical level where temperatures become too hot to be good.

People get an advanced notice when first disks become hot (40+) and next pass the critical level (50+). There are two different distinct symbols for that, sure you won't miss it when things become too hot.

Tip: when an alarm is shown, you can hover your mouse over it to see the actual temperature of the disk.

Your new feature that has a pop up warning balloon that I have to click the X on is annoying.  My Cache drive is an old 1.5TB Drive I'm temporarily using till I get a SSD.  The Hot warning comes up when the drive hits 104 degrees F.  This drive runs at that temp all the time during the heat of the day in Arizona and your warning bubble pops up every minute.  This drive has been running at a Max temp of 104 degrees for 4 years with out a problem.  When I got home from vacation I spent a very long time closing all the balloons so I could use my server UI.  My newer 4TB drives run way cooler than that.  I need a way to configure the warning on a drive by drive basis if you have the time to do this.  Or at least be able to turn off the Warning Notification Balloons.

I also would like a Safe Shut-down and Restart Menu or Buttons in the UI if you have the time as well.  Looked everywhere for them thinking they had to be there but never found any.

I love your UI.  It's the best one I've found. these two features would make it perfect to me.  I understand that this is a done on your time when you have the time so I'm not expecting any hoops to be jumped threw.  Just keep these things in mind please while you in the code.

Thank you again for a great UI!

Edit: I just found the place to edit the temp warnings!  I just upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.2.8 like 2 days before I went on vacation last week and failed to investigate the update.  Sorry again for being uninformed.  I only pushed it up 2 F higher, 106 F, because the drive runs rock solid at 104 F and I still want the warning to be accurate for my new drives.

Your welcome, also just for reference sometimes the webGui hangs or you can't access it. If your running v5.05 which I would expect you are then a reboot will normally cure this. Just type the word powerdown at the command line to turn off safely or powerdown -r to reboot safely. You can also setup in the display settings under setting a minimum temp for your drives before you get a warning come up. I presume this will also work for the new pop up warnings, try it and see.

It did work.  I pushed the Temp Warning Level up by 2 F, 106 F Warning Value, and it stopped the warnings and balloons.  It's so easy to get out of date PLGs because the Plugins Page for unRAID5 on the Lime-Technology.com wiki for Dynamic Web UI downloads Dynamix UI 2.2.2.  I have now installed the Plugin Control so this should be a problem anymore.

I appreciate the fix for Unassigned devices.  I never got around to reporting it...

Maybe you forgot but you did mention it some time ago

Yikes, every day a new reminder of how forgetful I am!

You are using Chrome I suppose. This browser halts execution of javascript when a page is put in the background. Since the system time is maintained locally by javascript it won't get updated until you return to the page. Firefox and Internet Explorer keep javascript running in the background and don't have this 'problem'.

I'm using Firefox, with NoScript but JavaScript enabled for the page.  Anything I can check or change?  I have a LOT of tabs, using very large tab groups, so in general, I don't want anything running unless the tab is active.  I may therefore have something configured to 'disable' operation when tabs are not active.  Hmmm...  after thinking about it, I probably prefer it the way it is!

If you stop the array in the main window then the reboot and powerdown buttons will display. This is how you restart or shut down safely. You always have to stop the array first.

Thank you!  I though there would be a one click button that would stop the array then shutdown.  Didn't realize I had to stop array to get the shut-down options to appear.

I would very much like to see a one click Powerdown, one that automatically stopped the array if it's running.  In other words, add the Powerdown and Reboot buttons from the 'array stopped' page to the 'array started' page, plus 2 more confirmations on the confirmation settings page.  To keep them from being confused, call them 'Stop and Powerdown' and 'Stop and Reboot'.

Here in thunderstorm country, we need to shut machines down fast sometimes, and it is really inconvenient having to wait for the Stop to complete before we can click the Powerdown, and go deal with other machines.  Of course, what I usually do is press the CtrlAltDel combo, which does it all, so this enhancement is not a major priority for me.  But I can see others finding it useful too, especially if it is optional, a setting for whether Stop is required first.

I've noticed something odd on the Dashboard view (Dynamix 2.2.8) - it consistently shows CPU utilization near 100% (CPU2.png) while the 'System Stats' graph shows distinctly otherwise (CPU1.png).  Also, top shows very low utilization as well. I'm using Firefox 31.0, and I saw your note about some browsers suspending java when the tab isn't in the foreground, so I've refreshed the Dashboard page and gone to a different view, then returned to the Dashboard, and it usually still shows at or near 100% CPU.

Yet again, a minor issue, and I still love the interface!

CPU_1.PNG.87921f2d87ed6fcef30e02f1c4ce9762.PNG

CPU_2.PNG.86ca92bce0c35d14e59c9ce6409c6133.PNG

• Squid locked this topic