Dynamix - Web GUI

I am constantly getting error notices while using Dynamix (2.2.10), all plugins updated via Plugin Control, on my UnRAID (5.0.5) server:

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/SystemTemp.php on line 20

The offset can be 0 or 1 and the line seems to be 19 or 20. Not sure if this is a real problem, or not, as everything seems to be working OK.

At a command line, try typing sensors, and report to us what the response is.  Also, it may be helpful to know what are the contents of your sensors.conf.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am constantly getting error notices while using Dynamix (2.2.10), all plugins updated via Plugin Control, on my UnRAID (5.0.5) server:

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/SystemTemp.php on line 20

The offset can be 0 or 1 and the line seems to be 19 or 20. Not sure if this is a real problem, or not, as everything seems to be working OK.

At a command line, try typing sensors, and report to us what the response is.  Also, it may be helpful to know what are the contents of your sensors.conf.

root@Tower:~# sensors

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Core 0:      +35.0 C  (high = +89.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 2:      +35.0 C  (high = +89.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

not sure where to find sensors.conf

You suspect correctly. Thanks for pointing that out. I've just actually dumped Dynamix for the moment as I wanted to go back to a completely Vanilla UnRAID to get rid of some nagging issues. When I get around to installing it again I will definitely redo the sensor config. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue about a week ago with my parity drive.  (It had went 'bad' and I had to replace it.) 

That is not the issue that I wish to raise.  When it went 'bad' it started generating 'Errors' which showed up on the "Main" tab.  During the period when these errors were being occurring, I continued to receive daily E-mail notifications that the array was 'OK'.  (When I finally noticed that I had a problem, the error count (on both the parity drive and on the Total line) had reached 27,685.)

I think that the E-mail notifications should be checking to see if the Total Errors are zero.  If this total is not zero then the periodic E-mail notification should not indicate that array is OK but rather provide notice that there is an error in the system that should be addressed. 

Reason for EDIT:  'OK' was 'fine' (Two places)

I changed mine from Celsius to Fahrenheit in Display Settings. In display settings it shows correct temperature number whatever I type in warning & critical box but Email Notifications maximum & critical temp box if I type 122 in maximum it shows 256.1 & 140 in critical shows 284. I've tried this on 3 different unRAID boxes does the same thing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I installed a new unraid 5.0.5 and dynamix 2.2.10. During the install of Dynamix I was getting a lot of delays and errors pertaining to github certificate and addresses. But the install seemed to work okay.

But every time in the unRAID interface when I click on the Dynamix tab, there's a long delay until all the plugins display on the screen. It starts with just one at the top I think, then just sits there for about 10-15 seconds, then the email, smart, etc plugins display. I've tried this with an older install and the Dynamix menu displays instantly.

I've verified the time is set correctly. Anyone know what could be going on?

I installed a new unraid 5.0.5 and dynamix 2.2.10. During the install of Dynamix I was getting a lot of delays and errors pertaining to github certificate and addresses. But the install seemed to work okay.

But every time in the unRAID interface when I click on the Dynamix tab, there's a long delay until all the plugins display on the screen. It starts with just one at the top I think, then just sits there for about 10-15 seconds, then the email, smart, etc plugins display. I've tried this with an older install and the Dynamix menu displays instantly.

This sounds like a problem with your USB stick. Dynamix reads the settings from there each time when you change a page in the GUI.

Easiest probably is to take the USB stick out and run a disk check on it using windows.

This sounds like a problem with your USB stick. Dynamix reads the settings from there each time when you change a page in the GUI.

Easiest probably is to take the USB stick out and run a disk check on it using windows.

But everything else seems to work okay. Watching the OS load on the monitor just wizzes by. Everything else loads perfectly in the unRAID GUI. That amount of wait that Dynamix does I don't think is related to the USB.

Somehow I think it's related to the delay issues I was getting during the install. Because it has to check for the latest version of every plugin at some point, so I'm assuming it does this when you display the plugin control GUI. If I can fix the certificate issues to github, then I'm guessing the delays will be fixed too.

But everything else seems to work okay. Watching the OS load on the monitor just wizzes by. Everything else loads perfectly in the unRAID GUI. That amount of wait that Dynamix does I don't think is related to the USB.

Somehow I think it's related to the delay issues I was getting during the install. Because it has to check for the latest version of every plugin at some point, so I'm assuming it does this when you display the plugin control GUI. If I can fix the certificate issues to github, then I'm guessing the delays will be fixed too.

You might want to check your DNS setting under 'NetworkSettings'.  Sometime in the past, I turned off the 'Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically' and entered the IP addresses for some DNS server.  That must have been a reason for this at the time that I did it.          (I did a quick search on the IP address and I am using OpenDNS.)

I have a drive not displaying the temp in the Dynamix GUI. It does show up in the UnMenu.

Drive - Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Drive Retail Kit (STBD6000100) (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-3-5-Inch-Internal-STBD6000100/dp/B00JBJ34WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414374227&sr=8-1&keywords=Seagate+Desktop+HDD+6TB+6Gb%2Fs+128MB+Cache+3.5-Inch+Internal+Drive+Retail+Kit+%28STBD6000100%29)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

desktop.jpg.0bdb445509d8e64e647ac17266f43c4b.jpg

I have installed the Dynamix Web GUI and it looks great, much better then the original GUI. However after some time the GUI gets slower and slower and i think after 1 or 2 days it stops working. All the other GUI's (Plex, NZBDrone, Couchpatato etc) keep working and all my files are accessible. The only thing left to reach the GUI is to reboot the system by using the CLI.

I have googled but i can't find a solution. I googled for ways to uninstall the Dynamix Web GUI but also no luck.

What can i do to fix this problem?

Thanx in advance :)

I have installed the Dynamix Web GUI and it looks great, much better then the original GUI. However after some time the GUI gets slower and slower and i think after 1 or 2 days it stops working. All the other GUI's (Plex, NZBDrone, Couchpatato etc) keep working and all my files are accessible. The only thing left to reach the GUI is to reboot the system by using the CLI.

I have googled but i can't find a solution. I googled for ways to uninstall the Dynamix Web GUI but also no luck.

What can i do to fix this problem?

Thanx in advance :)

My guess would be: you are running out of memory.  The process which Limetech uses to run the GUI can be bumped out memory and then can NOT be restarted.  One thing that some people have found which helps is the set the process priority for that process higher so that it does not get bumped. 

IF you want to remove Dynamix, read this post:

http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/

I believe removing the file    /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg    and rebooting should remove Dynamix.  You will then be using the default GUI and, if my assumption is correct, you will soon have the same problem with it.  (You could also just rename it to with a '.old' extension...) 

My guess would be: you are running out of memory.  The process which Limetech uses to run the GUI can be bumped out memory and then can NOT be restarted.  One thing that some people have found which helps is the set the process priority for that process higher so that it does not get bumped. 

IF you want to remove Dynamix, read this post:

http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/

I believe removing the file    /boot/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg    and rebooting should remove Dynamix.  You will then be using the default GUI and, if my assumption is correct, you will soon have the same problem with it.  (You could also just rename it to with a '.old' extension...)

Hi Frank

Removing the plugin file did indeed remove the Dynamix GUI. Thanks! The memory problem you are talking about... is that connected to the amount of available RAM? I have 4GB but am running, Couchpatato, NZBDrone, SABnzbd, Transmission and Plex Mediaserver. A bit too much I guess?

• Squid locked this topic