Dynamix - Web GUI

Glad to hear that you got it working again.  Again, what was/were the issue(s) that you had when you tried to go to version 6?  As time goes on, you will be more and more on your own when/if you are finally forced to upgrade.  Here is a link to the Holy Guile for the upgrade.  Note that is a link to a 'short and sweet' document for those with simpler configurations near the very top of this WIKI. 

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

Version 6 is so much more refined and unified.  It includes so many things by default that were sorely needed in Version 5 and those features are now supported by a dedicated design team. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is actually an excellent question. I honestly don't really remember, it has literally been years since I installed Dynamix. I suppose it is possible that the plugin manager is itself a plugin - I'll have a hunt around right now and see what I can find.

I use a central mysql database for openelec/xbmc and I couldn't get mysql up and running in V6 and playing nicely with my existing machines so I gave up and reverted back to trusty old 5.0.5

I can assist you no that, please send me a PM.

... Version 6 is so much more refined and unified.  It includes so many things by default that were sorely needed in Version 5 and those features are now supported by a dedicated design team.

I echo the sentiment of Frank1940. Dynamix is now natively integrated in unRAID v6, which gives many advantages/possibilities which were not possible under V5. Development of V6 is also at a much higher pace due to cooperative efforts.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to run Cache Directories from the GUI using "-a" but it looks like the GUI can't handle quotation marks. Here is the line I am trying to add:

-a '-noleaf \( -name "Folder 1" -prune -o -name "Folder  2" -prune -o -name "Folder 3" -prune \) -o -print'

Can this be addressed, or is there a better way to run this?

• Squid locked this topic