Dynamix - Web GUI

Installed and for the most part, I love Dynamix...

One comment, I get what you are trying to do with the tabs, but in reality they are creating more clicks for me....

Examples: go into Unplugged Sickbeard settings then switch to SABnzbd Settings...

Under the Old UI: Settings -> SickBeard -> Settings -> SABnzbd

Under Dynamix: Settings -> UnPlugged PLG -> Sickbeard -> Settings -> UnPlugged PLG -> SABnzbd

Is there anyway to keep the parent level tabs on the screen for each child screen? (i.e.: the Settings categories tabs for all settings screens)

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but I would suggest you get speeding_ant involved and focus your efforts together instead of on competing projects because this is a equally great interface as SimpleFeatures was for the 5.0 betas! (Maybe Joe as well for a pre-clear UI :).

Cheers,

whiteatom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but I would suggest you get speeding_ant involved and focus your efforts together instead of on competing projects because this is a equally great interface as SimpleFeatures was for the 5.0 betas! (Maybe Joe as well for a pre-clear UI :).

Yeah, that could be a great partnership again.  Hopefully everyone has had time to reflect on the events from a few months ago.

I wonder if this work can be somehow tied into the Github GUI that was supposed to be the future.  SimpleFeatures was working great, then, at the very last minute, for some strange reason, it was shoved into a haphazard, unfinished GUI from Tom, and doesn't work anymore.  I thought the Github project was supposed to resolve these 'competing' GUI's, but nothing really sees to have been done with/to it for about 6 months.

I tried installing again, but got a blank page again when I rebooted.  I saw earlier that it's probably a 'wrong' version of some dependency (SQL?), which the unplugged plugins disagree with.  I'm sure it's probably a quick fix, but it would be nice if it could 'just work'.  Not a slight against boneinl in any way, it looks like a great interface, and everyone seems to like it, but the plugin system/GUI/x64 version situation is making many things harder than it seems they should be.

Sorry for the rant.

Keep up the good work :)

It is solved now with the sensors.conf

//Peter

Good to hear.

Ps2. You may want to share your solution, it might help others with similar problem.

this is my config file

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"
        label temp2 "MB Temp"

Just a smale question:

Where should this "sensors.conf" be? There is nothing on the system.

Or can i create it by my one - and where should it be stored (Folder)?

Thanks for your Help

Zoni

You create it yourself. It needs to be in /etc/sensors.d but since this location will not survive a reboot you will have to put it on /boot somewhere and copy it there in go script. See my Reply #149 on this thread.

So - its not working.

When i type "sensors", i got:

root@unRAID:~# sensors

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 5: Invalid keyword

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

Physical id 0:  +41.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +85.0 C)

Core 0:        +38.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +85.0 C)

Core 1:        +41.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, crit = +85.0 C)

root@unRAID:~#

Thats all  :-\

Next big Problem: These new "Sub-Tabs" on mainpage are not working on Safari (ios 5.1.1)

Its not possible, to tab these tabs (Arrey Option and all others)

All taps are white and not usable.

Any idea why?

Old SimpleFeature was working under Safari, but did not have these sub-tabs.

So i need a solution for that because i manage my unraid over my ipad.

Thanks

Zoni

Hi Folks,

found the solution for ios 5.1.1

The Java Applet seems to work in a different way. The Tabs are working, but i must tap the tiny little icon on the left side of the tap and not the whole tap  :P

Funny but working  ;D

And now, some cosmetic errors: On active stream, the IP-Adress is not shown correct. It shows only 192.168.2 instead of 192.168.2.12  ;D

All other things are working perfect. This GUI is a perfect replacement of SimpleFeature.

Congrats to the Programmer - very good work - thanks for this GUI!

Have a nice slide to 2014  ;)

Zoni

Bug: Unassigned Devices

disks are always indicated as spun-down

//Peter

Not a bug but a deliberate choice to show "spin-up" state.

The up/down status of unassigned devices is not available, it can be obtained of course using "hdparm' but this makes everything very slow, hence the status isn't checked and assumed to be on.

Just a smale question:

Where should this "sensors.conf" be? There is nothing on the system.

Or can i create it by my one - and where should it be stored (Folder)?

Thanks for your Help

Zoni

You create it yourself. It needs to be in /etc/sensors.d but since this location will not survive a reboot you will have to put it on /boot somewhere and copy it there in go script. See my Reply #149 on this thread.

I will add automatic loading of the sensors.conf file upon reboot (it must be located at '/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/sensors.conf'), this avoids the step of adding configuration to the 'go' file (something to move away from if possible).

Examples: go into Unplugged Sickbeard settings then switch to SABnzbd Settings...

Under the Old UI: Settings -> SickBeard -> Settings -> SABnzbd

Under Dynamix: Settings -> UnPlugged PLG -> Sickbeard -> Settings -> UnPlugged PLG -> SABnzbd

If there is a "Done" button created the sequence looks like:

Settings -> UnPlugged PLG -> Sickbeard -> Done -> SABnzbd

But this is something the plugin creator has to provide.

Suggestion:

Since it is often difficult to distinguish between the dark green spun-up disk icon and the light green spun-down disk icon, change the color of the spun-down icon to blue, the 'New disk, not in array' icon to gray and the 'No disk present' icon to black.  While this might seem to a problem in the popup descriptor box with the black icon, that 'No Disk Present' event should be an unusual/rare one and when the black icon actually popped up on the Main tab, most people would quickly realize exactly what it meant!

when stopping the array the tab changes from the Array Operation tab to the Cache Device tab.  Is there a way to keep it from changing tabs and stay on the Array Operation tab?

This should work if your browser accepts cookies. A cookie is used to 'remember' the previous selected tab, but your browser may not allow cookies...

Suggestion:

Since it is often difficult to distinguish between the dark green spun-up disk icon and the light green spun-down disk icon, change the color of the spun-down icon to blue, the 'New disk, not in array' icon to gray and the 'No disk present' icon to black.  While this might seem to a problem in the popup descriptor box with the black icon, that 'No Disk Present' event should be an unusual/rare one and when the black icon actually popped up on the Main tab, most people would quickly realize exactly what it meant!

I can regenerate the icons (green, red and blue) and make the contrast between dark and light higher...

when stopping the array the tab changes from the Array Operation tab to the Cache Device tab.  Is there a way to keep it from changing tabs and stay on the Array Operation tab?

This should work if your browser accepts cookies. A cookie is used to 'remember' the previous selected tab, but your browser may not allow cookies...

I am using Firefox and it is set to accept all cookies expect for third party cookies. 

I just tried stopping the array.  When I do this and the screen refreshes after the array stops, the open tab is now the 'Cache Device' tab.  Now, this is unusual as I do not have a cache drive and normally I never see this tab.  I have a feeling that the issue is somehow connected to this fact.

Suggestion:

I can regenerate the icons (green, red and blue) and make the contrast between dark and light higher...

Let's see what that change does.  Remember, the contrast ratio of monitor screens is a function of many, many factors including how people have adjusted their monitor.  Unfortunately, there aren't calibrating tools readily available like there are for HDTVs.  (Plus, I doubt if if many people would use them, particularly on tablets and other consumer devices.)

I just tried stopping the array.  When I do this and the screen refreshes after the array stops, the open tab is now the 'Cache Device' tab.  Now, this is unusual as I do not have a cache drive and normally I never see this tab.  I have a feeling that the issue is somehow connected to this fact.

Hmm, something wrong in the condition for showing the cache tab, it should be hidden when no cache device is present...

Guess you found a bug  :D

Wait a second, you stopped the array, in that case the cache device tab is present to allow assignments, anyway I have a look!

I am investigating this, can you let know what actions you are doing, in other words what do I need to do to reproduce this issue...

thanks for testing.

would it be possible to add removal instructions to the wiki or add it to this post ?

I'm getting caught with the AD bug and that is a game breaker for me... and I can't find the removal instructions.

It is very easy to uninstall the Dynamix plugins. These instructions are to remove ALL of the Dynamix plugins.

Telnet into your unraid server and type these commands:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/dynamix

rm -f /boot/config/plugins/dynamix*.plg

rm -f /boot/config/images/dynamix*.png

rm -f /boot/plugins/dynamix*

Reboot your system to make the uninstallation complete.

• Squid locked this topic