Popcorn Hour

limetech

"before" I had multiple index.html files , however now I will be using one, BUT I still want to be able to browse outside that master index.html file as:

A.  I won't always rebuild the index / jukebox after each DVD I upload

B.  I sometimes download a TV show and just want to watch it, no hassle  ( I use my WDTV for it right now with a flash drive )

C.  I have some videos I don't want in my master index as lets just say "they aren't kid friendly... or maybe too friendly"  :)

When you fire up your A-110, do you get any stock PCH menu's or does it jump right into your YAMJ menu?  How do you get to the other PCH Applications ( YouTube, Trailers, Radio Stations, etc )

I'm essentially starting over from scratch and I am very open to suggestions.  I'm just wiping my hard drive in my A-110 as I type this.

I do want to have a jukebox / custom skin that not only gives me the "play" button, but also gives me the "trailer" button.  I was able to get it working with .mov files as long as I put them in the same folder of the movie, in this format

12 Rounds[trailer1].mov

12 Rounds.iso

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The source button on the remote takes me back to the standard NMT GUI.  Now that I have an HD installed in the NMT, my Home button is behaving slightly different.  It used to take me to Jukebox main page so I need to figure that out.  Interestingly enough though, I was able to playback the media on my user share via SMB with no issue wrt spun down disks on my UnRAID server.  I will continue to experiment with what actions spin up a disk but if you're planning to use the NMT UI frequently then perhaps cache_dirs would be of some benefit.  I can't really say for sure though as I don't completely understand how it works.

Hi everyone,  not sure where to post this.  This will be my first unraid server build.  I have a list of parts that I am planning to acquire and would like inputs from fellow unraid members.  I would like to know if the parts are compatible with unraid.  What parts would you recommend?  What parts are missing?  I am planning to use this server with my Popcorn Hour A110 and will strictly be use for storing media.  I would like this build to be as affordable as possible.  I am open to changing parts.  Thank you. 

Antec earthwatts EA500 500W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC

Antec earthwatts EA500 500W Continuous Power "Compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Item #:N82E16817371007 $87.99

GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H ATX AMD Motherboard

Item #:N82E16813128395 $99.99

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor Model HDZ550WFGIBOX

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor

Item #:N82E16819103680 $116.00

BYTECC Bracket-35525 3.5" Mounting Bracket Universal Adaptor For 5.25" Drive Bay or Enclosure

Item #:N82E16817994073 $14.99

COOLER MASTER STB-3T4-E3-GP 4-in-3 Device Module Hardisk Cage

Item #:N82E16817993002 $23.99

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window

Item #:N82E16811119160 $129.99

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Item #:N82E16820231166 $92.99

Grand Total: $565.94

After a weeks vacation in my local hospital, i am back on the horse and looking to move ahead.    I'm pumped up on steroids and morphine , don't sleep, eat double and have the patience of a 2 year old.  Now that I've got that out of the way, I really need some guidance.  I don't want to put the entire burden on betaman ( as he has been emailing me with help directly ) and I figure others may benefit from open discussion.

So, I'm pretty much at Step 1 of setting up my PCH A-110.  I removed the HDD I had in it and replaced it with a smaller one ( as I wanted the 1.5TB drive for my server ).

Here is what I have done:

1.  Installed HDD in PCH

2.  Plugged in Ethernet and HDMI to the PCH and have it hooked into a TV

3.  Ran the standard setup from the PCH screen ( which formatted the HDD with Ext3

4.  On the PCH, I setup a Network Share called "Media" to the URL:  smb://TOWER/media  ( on my UnRaid server, I have a share called "media" that spans all my hard-drives with 2 subfolders "dvd" and "tv"

I haven't changed any other defaults, so when I go into NMT Applications I see the following:

Device Name: SMP8634-

Samba Workgroup: WORKGROUP

UPnP AV Server:  running

myiHome Server:  running

FTP Server:  running

Samba Server:  running

NFS Server:  running

Torrent:  running

Usenet Client: running

Casgle iDVR:  running

I can select "Media Source" from the PCH and I get three options:

1. HARD_DISK

2. Network Browswer

3. Media

1.  I have no content on it, just the default PCH setup of applications

2.  I can browse to:

WORKGROUP

MSHOME

NFS Server

3.  This is my share on my UnRaid server.  I've tested viewing .iso and .avi files from my share and all is well.

I've tried using some of the "Web Services".  Some work ( Internet Radio, Google Maps ), some half work ( Apples Trailers ).  I can get a listing of the trailers, but no matter what resolution I pick, I cannot get it to actually play any of them.  But, this is a secondary issue.

Where to go from here?

I need to get YAMJ working again and this is where I am getting lost.    I know certain things need to be done, just do not know the exact steps to complete them ( like getting up the network path ).

Here's what I have done, so far, to get this part working:

1.  I've downloaded YAMJ and installed it on my main PC in C:/YAMJ

2.  I've downloaded MediaInfo and installed it on my mainPC in C:/YAMJ/MediaInfo

3.  I've downloaded GUIMovieJukeBox version 0.5.0 (32bit & 64bit) by Plesken (hdtvpolska) 

http://pch.omertron.com/node/132#comments as I thought it may have been a replacement for YAMJ GUI config 0.43

I have only extracted this in a folder called C:YAMJ/GUIMovieJukeBox until I know if I need it or not.

4.  I then located YAMJ GUI config 0.43 and extracted it into the C:/YAMJ folder

5.  I've tried to run  YAMJ GUI Config v0.43.exe , however I am at a roadblock here.    Here are a few screenshots:

YAMJ_Screenshot1.JPG

YAMJ_Screenshot2.JPG

I think I got the top part of the setup right, however I cannot figure out how to select where I want the jukebox to stored.  I want to store the jukebox files on the HDD inside the PCH.  I'm pretty sure I can get this to work if I hook my PCH up to the USB port, however that isn't practical as otherwise every time I want to update it, I would have to take the PCH from my livingroom and plug it into the USB on my PC.    How do I tell it to save the files on my PCH hard drive using the Ethernet Connection?

6.  I've read the YAMJ Readme.txt .  The one step tells me to "edit the file moviejukebox.properties and setup according to your needs"

I'm not sure, but I think step 5 maybe does this for me?  (as I don't even have a file called moviejukebox.properties yet.

I will stop there as this is getting really long.  I need to take a few steps at a time.    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Ok, to store the jukebox on your NMT all you have to do is browse to the root of the NMT and select it using YAMJ GUI config 0.43 (no need to use 0.5 for your A-110).  This should put a "jukebox" folder in the root directory.  This is also where the index.htm file will be stored.  On the NMT itself, I can access the local HD on the NMT or the Media share on the UnRAID server.  If I want to use a YAMJ skin (e.g. Aeon Movie Wall) then I browse to the local HD to start and the index loads automatically.  If I have 1080p content that won't play under YAMJ then I access the Media share directly and use the standard UI interface (but with the benefit of user share directories so all content is viewable on all drives).  The latter scenario might justify using cache_dirs as all of your disks will spin up to get the directory listing under the standard UI but not with YAMJ.

If you've got your network path setup correctly then the hard part is over.  Configuring YAMJ moviejukebox.properties as well as the skin properties is pretty simple but you don't really have to do anything to get the jukebox running so just leave the defaults.

My problem is browsing to the HDD in the PCH to store the Jukebox files/index.html

Not sure why my images didn't appear, lets try it again:

YAMJ_Screenshot1.JPG

YAMJ_Screenshot2.JPG

The internal drive in the PCH does not just appear when I use my Windows Explorer. 

It only appears as a drive if I plug into the USB connector, but as mentioned, that isn't practical to do as I would have relocate my PCH every time I want to update the Jukebox files

Does it have to do with the PCH appearing under "WORKGROUP" and my Tower under "MSHOME"?

Maybe I will change that in the PCH setup.

EDIT:  OK... so once I changed the settings in the Popcorn Hour under "Setup", "NMT Applications" to:

Device Name: PCH

Samba Workgroup: MSHOME

I can now point my output directory to the PCH's HDD.  I just picked \\Pch\share\Video (not sure if it matters where I save the Jukebox Folder and index.html file ).

Here's what I did now:

I'm back to my C:/YAMJ folder.

In my skins folder I copied the skin: amwyamj290818

As I cannot see moviejukebox.properties I can't edit it, so I went with a

suggestion I seen elsewhere and I just changed the folder name to "default",

in the skins folder so it will use this skin automatically.

I re-ran the GUI and set the output directory this time to:

\\Pch\share\Video  ( at least this time, i should land on the PCH HDD )

I then ran C:/YAMJ/My_YAMJ.cmd

I highly doubt all the settings are what I want, but.... I figured might as

well run it and see what happens.

Here is my output, in my command prompt screen, so far.

I think I need to point it to a smaller folder as testing will take forever

with over 600 DVD in on the server now.

Yet Another Movie Jukebox

~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/

Copyright © 2004-2009 YAMJ Members

This software is licensed under a Creative Commons License

See this page: http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/License

Processing started at Sat Oct 24 20:13:48 EDT 2009

Using properties file ./properties/moviejukebox-default.properties

Using properties file ./moviejukebox.properties

Warning (non-fatal): User properties file: moviejukebox.properties, not

found.

Using properties file ./skins/default/skin.properties

Using properties file ./properties/apikeys.properties

Found media library: \\Tower\media

Using 1 scanning threads and 1 processing threads...

See README.TXT for increasing performance using these settings.

Preparing environment...

Initializing...

Scanning library directory My_Library.xml

Jukebox output goes to \\Pch\share\Video

Found 909 movies in your media library

Searching for movies information...

Updating data for: 100 Feet

Finished: 100 Feet

Updating data for: 10000 BC [Extra]

Finished: 10,000 BC [Extra]

Updating data for: 10000 BC

Finished: 10,000 BC

Updating data for: 12 Rounds [Extra]

Finished: 12 Rounds [Extra]

Updating data for: 12 Rounds

Finished: 12 Rounds

Updating data for: 1408

Finished: 1408

Updating data for: 1408 [Extra]

Finished: 1408 [Extra]

My problem is browsing to the HDD in the PCH to store the Jukebox files/index.html

If you mean browsing to the PCH from your windows computer just use \\pch-ip-address\

Assuming you have not changed the defaults, when prompted for creds enter user 'nmt' and password '1234'

That will get you to the share.

Cheers db

I was able to log in.  I think having the my PCH in a different Workgroup from my Server was part of the issue, for that problem.

I find setting up the PCH can be as frustrating as setting up the UnRaid initially as it seems like every time you get one question answered, 2 new ones come up  :)

Fortunately, I am not alone and others have gone through the steps before me and the group of guys in here are pretty fair at spending time helping others out.

I know it will work, sooner or later, i'm just really short on patience right now.  Without boring you with all the details, I just had a flare up with my Crohn's disease and have been put on a high dose of steroids.  Although they help with inflammation, they have so many other side affects and this time,  they are messing with my mind, appetite and sleep and making me super obsessive compulsive.  Basically, i want to rip my head off  :)  (no, it isn't roid rage .. that comes from a different type of steroids like body builders use )  :)

Another hint I can offer is save the YAMJ output locally at least initially. It will help speed up YAMJ's jukebox build time. As you've already notice larger libraries do take time to build. You already mentioned pointing to a smaller set of movies. I use that same approach when testing YAMJ updates.

Once the build is complete you'll have to copy the output to the PCH drive manually.

Later on when your comfortable with the process and your only running updates you can re-point the output path to the PCH.

Setting up a PCH, a file server, YAMJ with Aeon and making it work the way you want will take a bit.

Take you time with it. Like anything else its much easier when you approach in small steps.   

I like that idea of building it on my local PC, until I get it tweaked, then manually move it over to the PCH HDD and do the incremental updates from there.

On my first crack at using the PCH with a different skin, I wanted to include the trailer option (for those I could find the .mov files for).

As I ripped a DVD into a folder of its name

Bangkok Dangerous

I would store the trailer file:

Bangkok Dangerous[trailer1].mov

and setup .nfo files for some of the DVDs so the jukebox would find the proper title:

Bangkok Dangerous.nfo

<movie>

<id>tt0800308</id>

</movie>

I'm curious what steps others have figured out to facilitate adding new titles ( with the least difficulty and best results ) ?

EDIT:Finally, it finished creating the Jukebox Folder and index.html file.    I thought I noticed one problem right off:    Its looks to be adding fanart files for each trailer I had stored in movie folder.

Example:

The Ringer.fanart.jpg

The Ringer[trailer1].fanart.jpg

All the other files were added right at the end, so it looks ok.

I have the usual problem ... many wrong movies have been picked up and the wrong artwork has been downloaded for them.   I will have to build .nfo files for them.

I've found it's much easier to download the movie and fanart manually and rename it to the YAMJ convention.  Of course, this sucks when you are building your library for the very first time but if you don't back it up before you re-run YAMJ then you're risking the integrity of the output anyway.  This way you know you'll the get the artwork that you want.  Initially, I just did about 10-20 movies per day.  I downloaded the artwork from themoviedb.org or thetvdb.com.  If there's any doubt about the movie title or it's part of a set then I just include that in the .nfo:

<movie>

<title>Batman & Robin</title>

<id>tt0118688</id>

<sets>

<set>Batman Anthology</set>

</sets>

</movie>

I think you're well on your way.  If you do decide to download the artwork manually (or alternatively you could just use the first jukebox output to put the artwork inside each movie folder) then regenerating your jukebox will be much faster the next time.  Since I know which artwork I want to be displayed and it doesn't change each time I run my jukebox, this is how I manage it.

One question I have about the Aeon Skin:  When you are viewing a movie's details, you have the artwork on the left and the details covering the right.  The fanart image is behind that.    I thought the artwork was more colourful when I first got into it ( although making it a dull grey does make sense so you can see the writing ).  Did I hit a button to cause that or was it always grey?

Where did you save your Jukebox and index.html file on the PCH?  Does it really matter?

The skin creates 6 files in the Jukebox folder for each DVD i have.  It becomes about 12 files if I have a trailer stored in the movie folder ( which I am not sure how to prevent ).

Ex.

3 10 to yuma.fanart.jpg

3 10 to yuma.html

3 10 to yuma.jpg

3 10 to yuma.xml

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].fanart.jpg

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].html

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].jpg

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].playlist.jsp

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].xml

3 10 to yuma[trailer1]_large.png

3 10 to yuma[trailer1]_small.png

3 10 to yuma_large.png

3 10 to yuma_small.png

This is created from the folder on media server called:

3.10 To Yuma

With the contents:

3 10 to yuma.iso

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].mov

Anyone know how to prevent all the unnecessary extra work its doing for the trailer?

Betaman - building the .nfo automatically, for each DVD added, won't be so bad once I get everything setup initially.

If you were to look at the 3:10 To Yuma example above, which files would I copy over to the 3:.10 To Yuma folder?

Did you change anything else in the .nfo or do you simply just list the IMDB ID to make sure it loads the proper info?

Is the movie name even necessary, in this example, as the IMDB ID would grab it.

Ex.

<movie>

<id>tt0381849</id>

</movie>

One question I have about the Aeon Skin:   When you are viewing a movie's details, you have the artwork on the left and the details covering the right.   The fanart image is behind that.    I thought the artwork was more colourful when I first got into it ( although making it a dull grey does make sense so you can see the writing ).   Did I hit a button to cause that or was it always grey?

That smoked look is a feature of Aeon.

Where did you save your Jukebox and index.html file on the PCH?   Does it really matter?

Yes, I copy my jukebox in the root of the video folder. Set a path to it on my PCH. When I open the link it loads the jukebox. Some drop it in the root of the share folder on the PCH HD. It autoloads after boot up from that location.  Others autoload a custom index page and place the jukebox anywhere they like. Spinbot may be able to expand on this. I stream using http. So its a little different than your setup.

The skin creates 6 files in the Jukebox folder for each DVD i have.   It becomes about 12 files if I have a trailer stored in the movie folder ( which I am not sure how to prevent ).

Ex.

3 10 to yuma.fanart.jpg

3 10 to yuma.html

3 10 to yuma.jpg

3 10 to yuma.xml

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].html

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].playlist.jsp

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].xml

3 10 to yuma[trailer1]_large.png

3 10 to yuma[trailer1]_small.png

3 10 to yuma_large.png

3 10 to yuma_small.png

This is created from the folder on media server called:

3.10 To Yuma

With the contents:

3 10 to yuma.iso

Anyone know how to prevent all the unnecessary extra work its doing for the trailer?

All those files are required for the jukebox to work correctly. That being said I don't have any trailers saved locally so I've never seen all those trailer files. Maybe spinbot knows more about this as well.

If you were to look at the 3:10 To Yuma example above, which files would I copy over to the 3:.10 To Yuma folder?

You would download the poster, fanart and create a nfo. So for 310 the files in the video folder would be

3 10 to yuma.iso

3 10 to yuma.fanart.jpg

3 10 to yuma.jpg

3 10 to yuma.nfo

3 10 to yuma[trailer1].nfo

Did you change anything else in the .nfo or do you simply just list the IMDB ID to make sure it loads the proper info?

Is the movie name even necessary, in this example, as the IMDB ID would grab it.

Ex.

<movie>

<id>tt0381849</id>

</movie>

The example spinbot provided is a more detailed example so it provides greater control of the YAMJ output. I use the title element to rename a foreign movie to its english title. Also the sets element is a great feature of YAMJ. Allows you to nest movies under one poster. I use this for my 007 movies. The example you have will work but depends on the IMDB for all its details.

YAMJ has a page that explains nfos at great length

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NFO_Files

Cheers db

I think db pretty much answered all of Spinbot's questions.  I'll try to expand on the few that he mentioned I might have more insight:

http vs. smb:  I think unless you use llink or a customized http streamer program (except myihome), you won't be able to stream your DVD iso's and folder structure (Video_TS).  I use smb because it's easy to setup and so far has been fast enough to stream my most demanding 1080p content.  NFS may have a slight advantage in speed but as I've mentioned previously, is not stable with UnRAID.

trailers:  I also don't use trailers but I think there is a toggle in Aeon to stream them from the internet rather than downloading the .mov's.  In any case, the jukebox output would appear correct for what you have in the movie folder.

YAMJ output:  It's very important that you don't actually "move" the YAMJ output files (in this case you just need the .jpg files) but rather copy them to the local folder.  If you want to replace the artwork with something that you download manually just be sure to use the correct naming convention for the type of artwork (e.g. posters = moviename.jpg, fanart = moviename.fanart.jpg, tv banners = moviename.banner.jpg etc.)

NFO files:  You might want to give Yanfoe a try.  Several users on the NMT site swear by it for generating movie nfo files.  It may not work tv episodes yet but I think the creator was working on it.

Misc:  You might need to use the Overscan tool that EJP created for Aeon depending on how the details page looks on your specific tv.  I have a Mits DLP and had to make the following adjustments:

Edit skin.properties file:

posters.width=463 (was 480)

posters.height=686 (was 720)

Edit posters.xsl file:

<xsl:variable name="shift-poster">490</xsl:variable> (was 485)

NFO files:  You might want to give Yanfoe a try.  Several users on the NMT site swear by it for generating movie nfo files.  It may not work tv episodes yet but I think the creator was working on it.

;D I've done a ton of testing on Yanfoe for claz (the developer) and do what I can to support the tool on the NMT forum.

While I think Yanfoe is a great tool as it is now, its still early in its developemnt. Using it for some on occasion has its own set of difficulties.

If you try Yanfoe make sure you work on a small set of movies until your comfortable with the tool. Yanfoe can and will overwrite all your jpgs/nfos in a go. Not a biggie when starting but problematic for those with libraries already set up.

db

Now that  I've slept a few hours and had a chance to look at this with fresh eyes.....I'm in better shape than I thought.    There aren't as many movies that got indexed incorrectly as first thought.    Rather than go through adding fanart/posters/coverart for each movie I add, I am going to leave that in the hands of YAMJ.   Time permitting, as I add new ones, I may create them for them, just to prevent the need to fix them later ( as I have 10-15 minutes to kill as a rip a DVD anyways ).

Betaman:   I believe I am streaming with SAMBA and I have no issues at my test station ( TV in same room as computer ).   I'll soon take everything to my livingroom and test out there, however i am confident as the only variable is about 75' feet of outdoor Cat5e around my house and a different 100Mbps switch.

The Trailers were something I started doing a long time ago.     It was to add another "sparkle" to my setup.     My visitors always enjoy having the option to watch them.   I initially did allow YAMJ to download the trailers, on demand, however I found it buffered too much.   So, I next decided to download and save them instead.   Fortunately, the Aeon skin works perfectly with them ( no messing around ... if the trailer is in the movie folder, it just gives me the trailer button on the PCH ).   As mentioned, the only issue is YAMJ tries to find artwork for both the .iso and the .mov file in the folder.

I think I know what you mean by overscan.    I noticed, while scrolling through individual titles, some of the artwork on the left is cut off.    Ex.  I see "ack to the Future"  ("B" doesn't it).    I'm going to leave that, for the moment, as I need to see how it looks on my 57" TV (its real home), not my 32" TV.

Navigation Question:     If i select a movie to view its details, I can press the Up or Down to go to the next DVD in the list.   This works fine until I get to a TV Episode.

At that point, the only thing that works seems to be Page Up or Page Down.    Is that normal ?    Any other navigation tricks you guys have learned with this skin?

I have a decent remote ( Harmony ) and can program it, as best fits my needs.

Any earlier question, about how to index multiple DVD TV show sets, is somewhat addressed in a link betaman sent me:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=30184

USERS QUESTION:

EaGler Wrote:  Im using:

-yamj-svn-r1133

-AeonMovieWallYAMJ-2.9.0929a

-HDX1000

I got all 9 seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond. There are 5 DVD's per season. I want them to show up in my AEON TV wall. Ive now only added the first Season for testing purposes to get it right. Its like this:

\\server\MOVIES (share)

-Everybody.Loves.Raymond.S01 (map)

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E01E02E03E04E05.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E06E07E08E09E10.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E11E12E13E14.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E15E16E17E18.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E19E20E21E22.iso

The problem is the following. It shows up in the AEON YAMJ skin. It got episodes. But only the first 5, the ones from DVD1 (Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E01E02E03E04E05.iso). I suppose it doesn't read the other DVD's.

OPERATORS ANSWER:

This is a known bug in the current release of Aeon Movie Wall. The number of disks is inadvertently used for the number of episodes. The next version will have that corrected. Until then, you can work around the problem by jumping past the episode 5 directly to episode 6 by typing in 6 on the remote. Once you're past episode 5, then everything works as normal moving up and down the episodes. When you get to episode 22, I believe you would need to type in 1 to roll back around.

Again, this is temporary as the fix is imminent.

I think I've picked a more complicated one to try and organize:

Battlestar Galactica (2003 ).

I'm working on trying to figure out season 4, which is further complicated as they released it as:

Season 4.0 & Season 4.5

And to further complicate it, the first DVD in Season 4.0 was the Razor episode, which isn't even considered an episode at thetvdb ... its a "special".

If I can figure this one out, all others should be a breeze.

If all else fails, maybe I need to learn how to convert each episode into a .mkv file , but that's a lot of work I don't want to get into.   Hopefully the pending fix mentioned at NMT comes soon ( I never hold my breathe , but do hold on to hope )   :)

I know.. double post, but if anyone is following, the I have an answer that would help :)

Regarding setting things up in this manor, it doesn't completely work right without a slight modification ( at least not for me ).

If you do it this way, you may only see Season 1, Episodes 1, 6, 11, 15, 19 ( the first one in each listing ).  Although once you click on say Episode 6, it takes you out of the PCH menu into the DVD menu and you can choose E6, E7, E8, E9 or E10

\\server\MOVIES (share)

This may be fine for some people, however I like to see on the PCH Menu all the episodes I have available, not just assume if I have 1,6, 11, 15, 19 listed that the others are in between ( as honestly, that isn't always the case for .avi and .mkv I download ).  So, in order to get them to all show up in the listing of episodes, I made one simple change:  REMOVE THE ZERO's after the "E"'s 

Ex.:  \\server\MOVIES (share)

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E1E2E3E4E5.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E6E7E8E9E10.iso

I know.. double post, but if anyone is following, the I have an answer that would help :)

Regarding setting things up in this manor, it doesn't completely work right without a slight modification ( at least not for me ).

If you do it this way, you may only see Season 1, Episodes 1, 6, 11, 15, 19 ( the first one in each listing ).   Although once you click on say Episode 6, it takes you out of the PCH menu into the DVD menu and you can choose E6, E7, E8, E9 or E10

\\server\MOVIES (share)

This may be fine for some people, however I like to see on the PCH Menu all the episodes I have available, not just assume if I have 1,6, 11, 15, 19 listed that the others are in between ( as honestly, that isn't always the case for .avi and .mkv I download ).   So, in order to get them to all show up in the listing of episodes, I made one simple change:   REMOVE THE ZERO's after the "E"'s   

Ex.:  \\server\MOVIES (share)

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E1E2E3E4E5.iso

--Everybody.Loves.Raymond S01E6E7E8E9E10.iso

Another way to do this is to just rip each episode out of the .iso, this is what I do for TV Shows.  Look into the application Handbrake if you want to do this as it makes it incredibly easy to do.  If all of yours are in .iso format now you can mount all the .iso files and set up the Handbrake queue to run through all of the episodes.

Another way to do this is to just rip each episode out of the .iso, this is what I do for TV Shows.  Look into the application Handbrake if you want to do this as it makes it incredibly easy to do.  If all of yours are in .iso format now you can mount all the .iso files and set up the Handbrake queue to run through all of the episodes.

The majority of my TV shows are .iso's ( as I just take them out of their box set and run them through DVDFAB 5 or IMGBURN )

I do have many also in .avi and .mkv  (whenever I miss something on TV, I download it and watch it that way)

What format of files does Handbrake give you?

The majority of my TV shows are .iso's ( as I just take them out of their box set and run them through DVDFAB 5 or IMGBURN )

I do have many also in .avi and .mkv  (whenever I miss something on TV, I download it and watch it that way)

What format of files does Handbrake give you?

You can output to a lot of different formats and container.  Just google Handbrake and you will find documention on how to use it and what settings are available.  I output most of my content to .avi container and to be honest I can't remember which format I encode to, been a while since I set it up.  I usually just put the DVD in, select the encode settings I want for all of my TV shows, and populate the queue.  From there I let Handbrake do its job.

I've reached a point where I got most things running just as I want them, the YAMJ is working great, I have all the proper .nfo's, artwork, etc for the content on my server.

Now I am working on a few little nagging issues.

One issue that I am not sure of what to do about is that I have an Internal Hard Drive in my Popcorn Hour that I store my Jukebox , Index.htm and applications on, however when I power down my PCH A-110, using the power button on the remote, I can hear the hard drive shut off , but within a second or two it spins back up and doesn't stop.  My only way to stop it is to physically get up and turn the power switch off on the back of the A-110 (not very practical).

My other nitpic thing is with the Aeon Skin and YAMJ.    Everything looks fine on the main menu when browsing through the titles, however when I select a particular movie, the next screen the cover-art gets cut off partially.    I suspect their is an adjustment somewhere for this.    I have my PCH hooked up to a smaller 32" TV for testing.  Do you think I would experience the same "cropped" image on my 57" TV ?

Thanks

Double post, I know, but its a different question so maybe someone else has experience with this.

YAMJ has a new feature for "multi-threading" which is becoming more appealing to me after I add more DVD's to my server ( the time to re-index can take a while with 700 DVD, so when I get to 2000 it might be a real pain ).

In the Readme it says:

## Multi-thread processing parameters

# Only change these values if you know what you are doing.

# The number of scanning threads

mjb.MaxThreadsScan=1

# This parameter defines the number of processing threads, it defaults to the number of CPU cores

mjb.MaxThreadsProcess=1

# Altering these settings could get you banned from the source websites.

# you can enter explicit limit per host; use regexp just like in source code

mjb.MaxDownloadSlots=.*=2,.*imdb.*=2,.*google.*=10,.*yahoo.*=10,.*themoviedb.*=1,.*thetvdb.*=1

The very first thing it says is "Only change these values if you know what you are doing."

Well, I don't, but maybe one of you guys do.

I am running a Dual Core Processor on my main PC that I run YAMJ on, so I figure I can change this value to:

mjb.MaxThreadsProcess=2

Any suggestions on what to do with the value for:

mjb.MaxThreadsScan=1

Double post, I know, but its a different question so maybe someone else has experience with this.

YAMJ has a new feature for "multi-threading" which is becoming more appealing to me after I add more DVD's to my server ( the time to re-index can take a while with 700 DVD, so when I get to 2000 it might be a real pain ).

In the Readme it says:....

....Any suggestions on what to do with the value for:

mjb.MaxThreadsScan=1

I tried using the feature when it first arrived. It caused many image downloads to fail without notice. I would not adjust the max threadsscan just yet. It seems each site has different capabilities so I would expect a svn with this one setting adjusted for you per site.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=29799

Now this may have changes since its release so I recommend posting your question on the NetworkMediaTank site. The developer and user feedaback is extremetly high there.

Cheers db

Thanks for the link.   I need to tap into that forum more often.   I like to start with the forums here as you guys have been great guiding me through everything so far :)

For reference, the change I did make:

mjb.MaxThreadsProcess=2

Upon first glance, it did seem to make an improvement  ( utilizing both cores of my CPU ).

I'll check out the other forum now.    Maybe I can figure out why my HDD in my A-110 doesn't spin down when put in Stand-by (aka power-down with remote).

EDIT:  To answer my HDD spindown issue, one poster said:

You did remember to turn off Casgle, torrent, and usenet in the NMT apps right?

Also if the device is not connected to the network, change the network settings from DHCP to manual.

I have stopped the apps he suggested ( as they are all running by default, when I re-installed everything on my new hard drive in it ) and now the drive spins down and stays down! :)

Archived