Midnight Commander and Permission Issue

I have not been able to move files around no my server. If I try through windows explorer I get a permission error saying that I do not have permission to move file. I tried using MC but my files are not showing up. I have always used MC in the past and I would go under user inside MC and see all my shares. But now there are no shares under user. Any help would be great I do not know what happened

Exit MC, and do "ls -la|more" to list the files with their permissions. You may have files that are hidden or don't have read/write permissions for anyone other than the owner, or even no read/write for the owner. I was having issues with that - they would show in Windows (I have it set to show hidden files), but XBMC wouldn't find them.

If you can see them with "ls -la", then you need to change the permissions on them with "chmod 666 file". 666 gives read/write permission to the user, group & everybody, so that should cover you.  You can replace file with * to do all the files in a directory, if there are a lot with miss-set permissions.

Show the listing of the files that are giving the problem. It may be easier to cut and paste the text rather than a screenshot.

Paste the text in to a code box.

Sorry but I think all the files are giving me problems. I see nothing under user when I go into MC. I have been using MC flawlessly for about a year to move files.