Critical Add-Ons?

Hi Guys,

I'm a perpetual appliance user.  I can't differentiate a linux command from a latin poem.  :P 

Data protection being my ONLY goal, I have two questions:

1.  What add-ons are suggested/necessary to really improve my results with UnRaid?  (for example, browsing around a bit, I think I might benefit from: automated parity checks, offsite backup capabilities, maybe a log viewer incase I do have issues.).  What other key features am I missing to keep this machine up and running well?

(I'm a photographer using unRaid for backup storage only, see: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3028.0)

2.  Is this available in a super simple package that I can install to the Flash Drive via my Windows box with no knowledge of Linux (at most the tweak of a few config files with clear instructions)?  I am so linux illiterate, I just purchased my (2x Pro) Flashes from Tom.  If this is difficult, does someone offer the service where I ship them my Flash key, they load it up with the appropriate tools, I paypal them, and they ship it back, ready to plug in?

Thanks,

Russell