Dynamix - Plugin Control

I'm clicking update/install for several plugins (active streams, disk health, email notify) however the file that is downloaded to my flash drive is 0 bytes and doesn't contain the data that should be in the plg file.

Any suggestions?

My bad ...

GitHub is back to proper state. Delete the empty files and reload. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm clicking update/install for several plugins (active streams, disk health, email notify) however the file that is downloaded to my flash drive is 0 bytes and doesn't contain the data that should be in the plg file.

Any suggestions?

My bad ...

GitHub is back to proper state. Delete the empty files and reload. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've just tried deleting the files and repeating the above, am still getting the empty plg files.  Do I need to allow some time for the changes you've made on github to take effect?

I've just tried deleting the files and repeating the above, am still getting the empty plg files.  Do I need to allow some time for the changes you've made on github to take effect?

Just noticed the same thing 15 minutes ago, uninstalled and re-downloaded the following plugins and they show zero bytes.

dynamix.active.streams-2.0.3-noarch-bergware.plg

dynamix.cache.dirs-2.0.3-noarch-bergware.plg

dynamix.disk.health-2.0.3-noarch-bergware.plg

dynamix.system.info-2.0.3-noarch-bergware.plg

I let you read it only once  ;D

This message will self-destruct in 10 .. 9 .. 8 .. 7 .. 6 .. 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 seconds

maybe twice could be a good idea  ;)

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/dynamix.s3.sleep.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/ReleaseNotes.php on line 14

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/dynamix.s3.sleep.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/ReleaseNotes.php on line 14

Strange error, the file exists, but I forgot to include the release notes for version 2.0.2 - it's done now ..

Btw all the release notes are available on GitHub, see the folder "changes" ...

Is this expected behavior in installation?  Just updated to latest 2.07 webgui just before  installing this one.

root@Tower3:/boot/plugins# installplg /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg
installing plugin: dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
xml parse error
root@Tower3:/boot/plugins#

root@Tower3:/boot/plugins# ls

dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.1-noarch-bergware.plg*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.7-i486-1.txz*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.7-noarch-bergware.plg*

Is this expected behavior in installation?  Just updated to latest 2.07 webgui just before  installing this one.

root@Tower3:/boot/plugins# installplg [b]/boot/config/plugins/[/b]dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg
installing plugin: dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
xml parse error

root@Tower3:[b]/boot/plugins[/b]# ls

dynamix.plugin.control-2.0.2-noarch-bergware.plg*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.1-noarch-bergware.plg*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.7-i486-1.txz*
dynamix.webGui-2.0.7-noarch-bergware.plg*

I think you have the plugin control in the wrong directory. Only the core webgui goes on /boot/plugins. The rest go in /boot/config/plugins.

• 2 weeks later...

this is awesome enhancement. However is it possible to include unplugged plugins in plugin control? or even just another tab for other plugins? I have a lot of other plugins running like openssh, vfs_recycle and mysql

+1

In defense of the requestors, that's a great idea.

In defense of bonienl, that's an awful lot of work...a 'tab' itself might be doable, but the maintenance to keep it working when bonienl has no control over the other plugins, doesn't know who or when they are changing, etc. would create a support nightmare. (non-Dynamix plugins aren't just in the unplugged plugins. I've got other plugins scattered around the web interface as a result of all the different ways that a plugin could be loaded.)

If I were bonienl, I'd just say, "no".

More better, would be for the major GUI authors (unMENU, DYNAMIX, Lime-Tech, Boxcar, etc.) to all converge upon a standard for plugins. There have been some good exchanges about that here in the forums and bonienl's been part of those.

Let's give it time, I suspect we'll see some agreement emerge, and then, if all the plugin authors play along, some order will appear.

this is awesome enhancement. However is it possible to include unplugged plugins in plugin control? or even just another tab for other plugins? I have a lot of other plugins running like openssh, vfs_recycle and mysql

+1

In defense of the requestors, that's a great idea.

In defense of bonienl, that's an awful lot of work...a 'tab' itself might be doable, but the maintenance to keep it working when bonienl has no control over the other plugins, doesn't know who or when they are changing, etc. would create a support nightmare. (non-Dynamix plugins aren't just in the unplugged plugins. I've got other plugins scattered around the web interface as a result of all the different ways that a plugin could be loaded.)

If I were bonienl, I'd just say, "no".

More better, would be for the major GUI authors (unMENU, DYNAMIX, Lime-Tech, Boxcar, etc.) to all converge upon a standard for plugins. There have been some good exchanges about that here in the forums and bonienl's been part of those.

Let's give it time, I suspect we'll see some agreement emerge, and then, if all the plugin authors play along, some order will appear.

What we all need at the end is a unified plugin manager, this is an outstanding request towards Limetech for a long time.

As I wrote earlier, I started my own initiative after waiting in vain for such a plugin manager to appear. It might become a kick-start of a unified solution, but - as Dale is mentioning - let's give it some time, I too believe we will get something eventually :)

Plugin Control is no longer loading automagically after a reboot. Can someone remind me how to make that happen?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have it installed in /boot/config/plugins like it should be or have you put it into a different folder by mistake.

Also, your sig says you are still on unRAID 4.7

Plugin Control is no longer loading automagically after a reboot. Can someone remind me how to make that happen?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have it installed in /boot/config/plugins like it should be or have you put it into a different folder by mistake.

Also, your sig says you are still on unRAID 4.7

That's interesting. I certainly thought I installed in the correct directory (I followed the directions in post 1), but it's certainly not there now. It sort of makes me wonder where I put it. I reinstalled it.

I'm running unRAID 5.04 for about a week now. I need to update my signature.

Thanks for the quick response!

• 2 weeks later...