Minor bug in unMENUs file browser

Please have a look at these three pictures. I can no longer upload here so I tried ImageShack for the time (don't hurt me if doesn't work for you):

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1ky2.jpg

--> Here you see my array. There are 13 drives in the array, no parity (I'm just filling) and two drives standing outside the array. These two drives don't have a partition and will be used as parity and cache later.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic2bd6.jpg

--> This is the unMENU file browser. He does see a 14th drive ...

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic3zv4.jpg

--> And there is something on this 14th drive ...

Hmm, here's the result of mount:

root@Tower2:/mnt# mount | sort

/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md10 on /mnt/disk10 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md11 on /mnt/disk11 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md12 on /mnt/disk12 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md13 on /mnt/disk13 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md5 on /mnt/disk5 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md6 on /mnt/disk6 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md7 on /mnt/disk7 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md8 on /mnt/disk8 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/md9 on /mnt/disk9 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime)

/dev/sde1 on /boot type vfat (rw,umask=066,shortname=mixed)

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)

shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

Now after scratching head I found some files in /mnt/disk14. Don't know how these files came here. Maybe I copied some files to a wrong location.

I think file browser should check if disk14 is really a disk. Yes, it's a file browser but it's intention was to show files on mounted disks (you can't browse /usr or /var).

Thanks

Harald

Please have a look at these three pictures. I can no longer upload here so I tried ImageShack for the time (don't hurt me if doesn't work for you):

Imgshack works fine for me.

Now after scratching head I found some files in /mnt/disk14. Don't know how these files came here. Maybe I copied some files to a wrong location.

I think file browser should check if disk14 is really a disk. Yes, it's a file browser but it's intention was to show files on mounted disks (you can't browse /usr or /var).

Thanks

Harald

I would think that this is a "feature" rather than a "bug" in the allowed folders logic.

The configurable variables that define where you may browse are named ALLOWED_FOLDER and you may define as few or as many as you desire in a unmenu_local.conf file.

All you need do is put a series of lines like this in that file:

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/user

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/disk1

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/disk2

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/disk3/Music

Notice it says "allowed folder" not "allowed disk" since you might want to restrict file browsing to a sub-folder on a specific disk. (as I did on disk3 in the example above)

By default, if you do not specify any ALLOWED_FOLDER entries in the config file you have access to /mnt/user (and below) and /mnt/disk1 through /mnt/disk15 (and everything below)

Apparently, at some point, you copied files to /mnt/disk14.  This created the "mySQL" folder you see there, with whatever files are in it.  That folder, and the files are in memory only.  They will cease to exist when you reboot the server.

The File-Browser plug-in alerted you to your mistaken copy of files to a non-existant disk...  (see, it is a feature)

There is nothing in the file-browser that identifies a mount-point vs. a directory.  That was not its intent.  Even at the telnet prompt they would look nearly identical if you did a directory listing.  It is the "name" of the folder that is a bit misleading.  The /mnt/disk* directories are named to represent the logical disks in the array, but as you discovered, they may not.   

In any case, since it is designed to limit access to "folders" the file-browser is working exactly as it should.

I did recently post a fix for folders in the path that have embedded spaces...  Make sure you apply that patch if you have folder names with spaces in them.  That was a real bug.  It is described here (the fix is also given) : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2595.msg24597#msg24597

Joe L.

PS.

If you want to be able to browse anywhere in the unmenu file-browser, just put one line in unmenu_local.conf

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /

You will then be able to browse any folder under "/"

Edit: fixed config file name to correct name.