Drive performance testing (version 2.6.5) for UNRAID 5 thru 6.4

You don’t even need unRAID (in theory). As long as Tom doesn’t change how the ini files are laid out, it’ll work. And if he does, the only thing that will happen is that it won’t tell you the Drive slot it’s in.

But yes, I’m developing against the most recent RC.

Edited by jbartlett
4 hours ago, bonienl said:

That's a nice contradiction, because unRAID generates these ini files :D

Yup. I use the INI files to determine the unRAID slot ID and to get the Registration information to uniquely identify the user if they submit drive images (in case of spam/really not drive images). If the mapping for the INI directory location is removed (such as running under a different OS), it just displays the OS drive ID and comes up with a different way of uniquely identifying the user. In a future update, it'll use the unRAID method of spinning up drives if running under unRAID instead of issuing the OS spin up command & reading from three random sectors.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, methanoid said:

I notice this doesnt say 6.5 - will it be upgraded to 6.5 support or is there some reason why it cannot/wont?

Thanks

This version should work ok in 6.5 and future versions unless a fundamental change happens with the unRAID OS but it is not actively being maintained. Please see my signature for the current DiskSpeed app.

• 5 weeks later...