Dynamix - Disk Health

back to topic  ::) today I reinstall Stats to be sure that plugin wasn't responsable of the always spin-up parity and it doesn´t  :). All drives works as they should be. Spin-up/down same way than stock GUI. Disk health guilty¡¡¡ Seagate and their crappy firms more guilty¡¡¡ (I´ll do another test to be 100% sure)

Hello,

I think that a way to avoid the parity spin-up that Seagate drives have when we click in Health tab could be avoid a default disk info. We clic "health" tab but no info are shown until we click on a disk.

back to topic  ::) today I reinstall Stats to be sure that plugin wasn't responsable of the always spin-up parity and it doesn´t  :). All drives works as they should be. Spin-up/down same way than stock GUI. Disk health guilty¡¡¡ Seagate and their crappy firms more guilty¡¡¡ (I´ll do another test to be 100% sure)

Hello,

I think that a way to avoid the parity spin-up that Seagate drives have when we click in Health tab could be avoid a default disk info. We clic "health" tab but no info are shown until we click on a disk.

It should work like that already. The background process checks first the status of the drive (idle or active) and only when active a SMART report is generated. Clicking on a drive always generates a SMART report.

Do you see your Seagate drive spin up after opening the health page ?

Hello,

It should work like that already. The background process checks first the status of the drive (idle or active) and only when active a SMART report is generated. Clicking on a drive always generates a SMART report.

Do you see your Seagate drive spin up after opening the health page ?

Always. After click on health tab there is an auto-focus to first disk (parity) and if that its a seagate it will spin up (no with WD).

only for extra info to the thread: test shown that S3 and spin down times are working fine.... if you are out the health tab.

Always. After click on health tab there is an auto-focus to first disk (parity) and if that its a seagate it will spin up (no with WD).

only for extra info to the thread: test shown that S3 and spin down times are working fine.... if you are out the health tab.

Right, the first drive always gets a SMART report generated, otherwise the screen would be empty and may spin up a drive. I have the same experience as you with Seagate.

• 1 month later...