Dynamix - System Temp

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using the system temperatures plugin for some time with success. Yesterday I shut down my system to install a Nvidia Quadro P400 to use for HW transcoding. Boot the device back up (did not check if the temp plugin worked at this time), install Nvidia Drivers, reboot.

Now the Nvidia drivers are working, HW transcoding is working, but the only temp sensor the plugin detects are the NVME SSD. The CPU and mobo temp sensors are "gone".

System is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU on a Asus TUF GAMING B550-PRO motherboard.

Don't know if it has anything to do with the P400 or not, but that was the only change I did from working to not-working.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Thank you very much for this plugin.

But I can't detect the motherboard temperature. I can see the CPU cores temperatures fine.

I have this motherboard:  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING

This is the result of the sensors command:

sensors_command.png.f1a44cb8f947f75dedaf818880f896a4.png

What should I do?

Thank you very much.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I downgraded my main Unraid server due to power consumption to a lower tdp AMD Ryzen CPU. I switched from Ryzen 9 3950X to a Ryzen Pro 5650GE and suddenly got no temp readings out of it. With the 3950X I got plenty temps including CPU, Mainboard etc.

I'm using the "Dynamix System Temperature" Plugin from CA and after the switch it only detects my two NVME drive temps.

Mainboard is a Asus Pro WS X570-ACE with BIOS Version 3904.

Any suggestions or experience what is the reason for this?

Thanks

Edited by Skylinar
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jclendineng said:

same issues with ryzen, Im not sure this plugin is still supported though...maybe something is coming natively in 6.10...

It's not an issue of whether its supported or not, but whether or not it can detect the appropriate sensors (which it probably can't).  Hence why the plugin has this note on it 

image.png

The various methods of forcing id's on a modprobe etc are quite outside of the author's control, and effectively impossible to know what to put into the command without performing the research on google and trial and error.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using Unraid v6.10rc4.

My hardware is an ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E  wiht X570s chipset + Ryzen 9 5950x.

First I've notice a very high power consumption (almost 100w more than my previous server while idle 😧).

About sensors, I've run the command 'sensors-detect' and have found 'jc42', 'k10temp' and 'nct6775'. Do not forget to reboot after this command. The sensors will appear automatically.

k10temp provide three diferents temperatures (Tctl, Tccd1 and Tccd2) and I think that one of them is the CPU temp.

jc42 provide multiple 'SMBus PIIX4 adapter' temperatures and I don't know wich one could be motherboard temp. Any help would be appreciated.

The key is that Unraid v6.10 appears to supports X570 chipset.

Edited by JAnguita
  • 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 1:13 AM, JAnguita said:

I'm using Unraid v6.10rc4.

My hardware is an ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E  wiht X570s chipset + Ryzen 9 5950x.

First I've notice a very high power consumption (almost 100w more than my previous server while idle 😧).

About sensors, I've run the command 'sensors-detect' and have found 'jc42', 'k10temp' and 'nct6775'. Do not forget to reboot after this command. The sensors will appear automatically.

k10temp provide three diferents temperatures (Tctl, Tccd1 and Tccd2) and I think that one of them is the CPU temp.

jc42 provide multiple 'SMBus PIIX4 adapter' temperatures and I don't know wich one could be motherboard temp. Any help would be appreciated.

The key is that Unraid v6.10 appears to supports X570 chipset.

I'm still new to Unraid and I've forgotten more about linux than I like to admit, so I'm probably doing something wrong here.

I am running Unraid 6.10.2 and trying to get the OpenRGB and Dynamix System Temp plugins working, focusing on System Temp in this post.

I'm detecting the same sensors as JAnguita posted, but as soon as I click "save", pick a sensor for the CPU (Tctl) and hit apply, the settings vanish and no temperatures are reported. Furthermore, the sensors themselves are gone until the next reboot, whereafter I can select them again but the same behavior happens.

Attaching my diagnostics. Running sensors-detect finds a lot of stuff but then tells me to copy the file somewhere and I cannot find either the file it wants me to copy from or the folder to copy it to.

Any assistance in getting this working would be appreciated. Still re-learning a lot of lost knowledge, as well as a lot of new things from the past 15 years.

diamond-diagnostics-20220607-1658.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Everything was working fine till the previous version of unraid 6.9, but with the last update I no longer can monitor my temps on both servers "specs in signature".

firefox_uZH2PcmcFo.thumb.png.c2aba549ae31676605b8277d726cccb5.png

EDIT: I found /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf & removed old saved senors and fixed it but if i save the sensors via the unraid GUI the temps disapear again

tried multiple times, if I clear the sensors.conf file & detect I see all temps, but once configured and I click on apply all the sensors disapear. untill i clear the seconsors.cof file again.

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering if there is any thought to supporting the display of temperatures for more than one CPU? Would be useful for anyone running enterprise grade servers or workstations with Unraid. 

Just using the MB temp display for the second CPU at present. ;)

Edited by EmmaRenee19
  • Upvote 1
On 7/6/2022 at 11:51 AM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

Everything was working fine till the previous version of unraid 6.9, but with the last update I no longer can monitor my temps on both servers "specs in signature".

firefox_uZH2PcmcFo.thumb.png.c2aba549ae31676605b8277d726cccb5.png

EDIT: I found /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf & removed old saved senors and fixed it but if i save the sensors via the unraid GUI the temps disapear again

tried multiple times, if I clear the sensors.conf file & detect I see all temps, but once configured and I click on apply all the sensors disapear. untill i clear the seconsors.cof file again.

Same Error here. Unraid 6.10.3 with coretemp nct6775 sensors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have this error when i try to install the plugin

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg ... done
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 2

Pearl is already installed.

I'm only having trouble with this plugin.

Im using 6.9.2.

Edited by ExgS
  • 3 weeks later...

I still cant get the temps for my system, all firleds are blank & if i type "sensors"

output:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 3: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

if i delete the file the sensors will come up but if  i hit detect save, apply all will disappear, been having this issue for a while now & its so annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello,
I've tried to search information about my problem with "Fan Auto Control" with no luck. I can't select anything on "PWM controller".

I've tried "sensors-detect" command and  i can only detect a few ones:

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
MB Temp:      +40.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
CPU Temp:     +38.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:       +37.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2:       +37.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3:       +35.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

for reference my system is:

ASRock B560M Pro4

Intel® Core™ i3-10100

I have no PWM fans connected to motherboard yet. Could it be the cause?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I still cant get the temps for my system, all firleds are blank & if i type "sensors"

output:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 3: Undeclared bus id referenced

if i delete the file the sensors will come up but if  i hit detect save, apply all will disappear, been having this issue for a while now & its so annoying.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I've started having the exact same problem since the 6.12.* releases came out. x570 Taichi board, all temps and fan speeds were monitored absolutely fine for months before this.

If I run 'sensors-detect' in the CLI then reboot, then run 'sensors', I get normal output:

nct6798-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0:                   344.00 mV (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)
in1:                     1.68 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in2:                     3.44 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in3:                     3.25 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in4:                     1.81 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in5:                     1.10 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in6:                     1.19 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in7:                     3.44 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in8:                     3.30 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in9:                     1.62 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in10:                    1.02 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in11:                  632.00 mV (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in12:                  936.00 mV (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in13:                  920.00 mV (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in14:                  904.00 mV (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
fan1:                     0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan2:                   837 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan3:                  1229 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan4:                  2122 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan5:                   509 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan6:                  2854 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan7:                   381 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
SYSTIN:                 +43.0°C    sensor = thermistor
CPUTIN:                 +36.5°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN0:                +16.0°C    sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN1:                -61.0°C    sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN2:                +12.0°C    sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN3:                +31.0°C    sensor = thermistor
SMBUSMASTER 1:          +69.0°C  (high = +105.0°C, hyst = +95.0°C)
SMBUSMASTER 0:          +41.0°C  
PCH_CHIP_CPU_MAX_TEMP:   +0.0°C  
PCH_CHIP_TEMP:           +0.0°C  
TSI0_TEMP:              +41.0°C  
TSI1_TEMP:              +69.2°C  
intrusion0:            ALARM
intrusion1:            ALARM
beep_enable:           disabled

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +41.8°C  
Tccd1:        +42.5°C  
Tccd2:        +36.8°C  

corsairpsu-hid-3-1
Adapter: HID adapter
v_in:        230.00 V  
v_out +12v:   11.98 V  (crit min =  +8.41 V, crit max = +15.59 V)
v_out +5v:     5.03 V  (crit min =  +3.50 V, crit max =  +6.50 V)
v_out +3.3v:   3.30 V  (crit min =  +2.31 V, crit max =  +4.30 V)
psu fan:        0 RPM
vrm temp:     +41.8°C  (crit = +70.0°C)
case temp:    +32.5°C  (crit = +70.0°C)
power total: 176.00 W  
power +12v:  134.00 W  
power +5v:    36.00 W  
power +3.3v:   7.00 W  
curr +12v:    11.25 A  (crit max = +100.00 A)
curr +5v:      7.44 A  (crit max = +40.00 A)
curr +3.3v:    2.19 A  (crit max = +40.00 A)

They also all appear in the GUI dropdown. However, as soon as I select any and hit save/apply, they then disappear, and 'sensors' delivers this:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 9: Undeclared bus id referenced

Only rebooting brings them back.

EDIT: Oh my god I think I fixed it. The issue seems to be the sensors on my Corsair PSU, which were listed in line 9 of my sensors.conf. Here's my process - using midnight commander, I navigated to /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf. Completely fresh after a new sensors-detect run, it looks like this:

# sensors

chip "nct6798-isa-0290"
ignore "temp9"
chip "nct6798-isa-0290"
ignore "temp10"
chip "nct6798-isa-0290"
ignore "fan1"
chip "corsairpsu-hid-3-1"
ignore "fan1"

Deleting lines 9 and 10 (corsairpsu and its associated fan sensor) and saving immediately returns all other sensors to the GUI dropdown. If I select the fans, CPU, and mobo temp sensors I want, and hit save, they again all disappear from the GUI. However, I can then reopen sensors.conf in mc and see that the corsairpsu sensor has snuck back in along with the other sensors I actually selected in the GUI. Deleting that line again (and also its associated "ignore fan" line) both returns all options to the GUI and makes the relevant temps/fan speeds reappear throughout the system GUI.

2nd EDIT: Unfortunately this does not persist between reboots, but only because the corsairpsu line is re-added to sensors.conf. Deleting it again restores normal functionality.

Edited by augot
  • 2 weeks later...