Dynamix - System Temp

@Maor detect button just keeps writing "coretemp jc42" and shows no sencores in the dropdown menu

Changing the name to "jc42" worked for a second I could select sensors but hitting the Apply button made them all disappear again?

Same thing the first time I did a detect and then all gone?

Could be a small bug, beacuse everything was detected perfectly and then hitting Aply and it was gone

I would really like to see if I cant get the plugin to work (Havent given up yet!)

Looking into the conf. files I do have the following:

/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/drivers.conf
coretemp
jc42

Also just tried:
jc42

/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf

# sensors
chip "jc42-i2c-0-18"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"

But I don't see any core temps anywhere?

Also the dropdown fields are empty again?

Does it hide information somewhere? Because deleting the plugin and installing it again keeps the dropdowns empty

Only at the first install and me renaming the sensor from "coretemp jc42" to "jc42" I got the dropdown populated with all the sensors!

Haven't been able to get them back since?

sensors-detect

Driver `jc42':
  * Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at efa0'
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x18
    Chip `IDT TSE2004' (confidence: 5)
  * Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at efa0'
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x1a
    Chip `IDT TSE2004' (confidence: 5)

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

Edited by casperse
5 minutes ago, Maor said:

This is for the new 6.7 RCx so make a bug report in the proper section of the forum, if you can not find any related to this already.

Problems with plugins should not be in a bug report for Unraid but should be dealt with in the proper plugin thread. One of the things that is often requested when you suspect an issue with a new Unraid release is to run in SAFE mode to eliminate possible effects of plugins. So obviously plugins aren't considered something to be handled with a bug report. If a plugin has a bug then it should be reported in the plugin thread.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You should post your diagnostics so we can take a look and make sure there isn't an issue with your flash drive preventing your settings from being saved.

Hi @trurl thanks I did try this on the official stable release and I could see the same behaviour?

The usb is working fine every other plugin I have installed also works perfectly...

tower-diagnostics-20190211-1802.zip

This is a brand new UnRAID build and I would love to see how hot it is running ;-)

Everyone's help is as always much appreciated

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looks like you are running the NVidia plugin. This installs a custom version of Unraid. Probably not causing this issue though.

Have you tried another browser?

Yes IE, Firefox & Chrome same thing. ( The NVidia plugin was first installed today and not activated yet, the Temp problem have been there from the very beginning secound plugin I installed after UAD ;-)

On my system it works as expected and I can't reproduce the issue as shown in your video.

At the moment you press Apply, it will write the new settings to the flash device. Perhaps some corruption on your flash device?

Shutdown your system and take the USB out, let it error check on a Windows machine. See if this helps.

8 hours ago, bonienl said:

On my system it works as expected and I can't reproduce the issue as shown in your video.

At the moment you press Apply, it will write the new settings to the flash device. Perhaps some corruption on your flash device?

Shutdown your system and take the USB out, let it error check on a Windows machine. See if this helps.

The USB is fine and the conf files is also written:

sensors.conf

# sensors
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
chip "jc42-i2c-0-1a"
label "temp1" "MB Temp"

And drivers.conf

jc42

I am just not seeing any temperatures (Only at selection of the probes)

Can it be the MB or the chipset? - It's a new MB for the Xeon E-2100G CPU's  Gigabyte C246-WU4

Tried manually running the sensors command and seeing what error it returns. I get the following:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 2: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 14: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 16: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

I removed the sensors.comf files and I can then reload the drivers and I can select the Temps I want to see, but as soon as I hit apply, The sensors drop down goes blank again & I get the same error as above if I run the command manually....

1 hour ago, thestip said:

I had the same problem, ended up deleting the sensors.conf from BOTH /etc/sensors.d/ AND /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/. Then, I uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it. That fixed it, for me at least.

I tried deleting both & reinstalling...but ended up still having the same issue

15 hours ago, clowrym said:

I tried deleting both & reinstalling...but ended up still having the same issue

Same here had to try it 

Delete:

root/etc/sensors.d/ this folder was empty? - could that be the problem?
root/flash/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/*.*

Uninstall and reinstall but this time I couldn't even get the initial list of sensors?

• 3 months later...

Im having the same problem as some others on this forum. I have a Supermicro X10DAL-i with dual Xeon E5-2678s and when I say detect drivers, it says "coretemp nct7904", but there are no sensors in the list. I think I remember seeing them right before I saved which sensor was which, but the lists have been blank ever since. 

I am new to UnRAID, but will do my best to send any diagnostic info you want. Ive tried reinstalling the plugin, but no difference.

If not this plugin, is there any other way to see CPU temps in unraid? It concerns me greatly that I have no idea how hot they are. I havn't wanted to stress them without knowing.

Edited by p0xus
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this helps anyone else, i have 2 dell R610, one reads the coretemp the second one did not.  So i copied the sensor.conf file from working to non-working and rebooted now all is good.

my sensor.conf

# sensors
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp3" "CPU Temp"
chip "coretemp-isa-0001"
label "temp11" "MB Temp"