Dynamix - System Temp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, motherboard temps are not detected in Asrock X570 Creator motherboard. Thanks for you app.

image.png.f0e6408f72ace38721753d6bf99cc43a.png

Sensors:

root@Magatzem2:~# sensors
eth1-pci-2d00
Adapter: PCI adapter
PHY Temperature:  +81.3°C  
MAC Temperature:  +82.4°C  

k10temp-pci-00c3
Vcore:         1.55 V  
Vsoc:        950.00 mV 
CPU Temp:     +60.6°C  
Tdie:         +60.6°C  
Tccd1:        +46.8°C  
Icore:         0.00 A  
Isoc:          2.17 A  

nvme-pci-3100
Composite:    +48.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +84.8°C)
                       (crit = +84.8°C)
Sensor 1:     +48.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C)
Sensor 2:     +50.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C)

Edited by Kanashii
8 minutes ago, Kanashii said:

Hi, motherboard temps are not detected in Asrock X570 Creator motherboard. Thanks for you app.

image.png.f0e6408f72ace38721753d6bf99cc43a.png

Sensors:

root@Magatzem2:~# sensors
eth1-pci-2d00
PHY Temperature:  +81.3°C  
MAC Temperature:  +82.4°C  

k10temp-pci-00c3
Vcore:         1.55 V  
Vsoc:        950.00 mV 
CPU Temp:     +60.6°C  
Tdie:         +60.6°C  
Tccd1:        +46.8°C  
Icore:         0.00 A  
Isoc:          2.17 A  

nvme-pci-3100
Composite:    +48.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +84.8°C)
                       (crit = +84.8°C)
Sensor 1:     +48.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C)
Sensor 2:     +50.9°C  (low  = -273.1°C, high = +65261.8°C)

there is no fix for current ver of Unraid..  there was a driver being built for the X570s and some other boards  on github.. and possibly its working in the next beta version.. but current stable version is not supported..  hopefully next stable release it be fixed

• Like 1

@bonienl

Hello,

I just tested this twice, every time I double click the "detect" , my unraid freezes, and I have no way to get it back unless I hard reset my server.

image.thumb.png.0e5dc785cafc57c90fcc4cfb294a372b.png

My unraid version is 6.8.3 with a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi + Ryzen 3950X.

This is really weird.

Please let me know what can I do to fix this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, comet424 said:

there is no fix for current ver of Unraid..  there was a driver being built for the X570s and some other boards  on github.. and possibly its working in the next beta version.. but current stable version is not supported..  hopefully next stable release it be fixed

I'm using right now the 6.9.rc2 so I don't expect complete support yet. I'll wait. 

Thanks a lot to everyone involved for working towards to community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiho guys, perhaps im just searching the wrong things and u can help me out.
I bought an Asus X99 E WS with an XEON 2690v3, so far so god, its working with 6.9.0 rc2 and looks great for now.
I just struggle with system temps / fans.
First i try the plugin and just get coretemps (CPU 0-11) and no info about MB Temp or Fan Speeds.
Then i try the console and go for sensors, ok, same output. I startet sensors-detect and found

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT6791D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

The complete output u can find hier https://pastebin.com/2V5Fr6V4

And now i´m lost ....  do i understand right that there should be more then only the cpu temps ?
And, if i understand right, why i dont get them in my unraid :D 😪

Edited by tigger2k
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sander0542 said:

I am running Unraid version 6.9.1, but I am only seeing CPU temps. My mainboard (Gigabyte B450 Gaming X) does not show up in the list. Does anyone know how I can see the Mainboard temperature in Unraid?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

image.thumb.png.315253866aceccf3b3720bcf76b64dd3.png

Maybe this?

image.png.d87b8d5644a8b9beb472e7c3ff3acee8.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I too built my unraid server around a SuperMicro motherboard. In my case, the X8ST3. And I too, had the strange issue with sensors suddenly disappearing from the settings page for this plugin.

Installation went fine, sensor detection went fine, loading the modules went fine. I could select sensors for CPU temp, MB temp, and array fans too. But upon clicking the APPLY button, the sensor selections all became "Not used" and the data was no longer displayed along the bottom of the browser window or on the dashboard. Weird. Removing and re-installing the plugin did not change things. Rebooting did not change things.

After poking around a bit, I found a conf file edit that will make things work.

The first clue was trying to run the sensors command from the unraid terminal, after the sensors all became "Not used" on the settings page for the plugin. That produced the following output:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 2: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 6: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 8: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 10: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 12: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 14: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

Some of you have seen this output too. Okay, so sensors_init seems to be choking on the /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf file. That file looked like this on my system:

# sensors
chip "w83795adg-i2c-0-2e"
ignore "fan4"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
label "temp6" "MB Temp"
label "fan1" "Array Fan"
label "fan2" "Array Fan"
label "fan3" "Array Fan"
label "fan5" "Array Fan"

Hmm, nothing seems amiss here. Checking the man page for sensors.conf online, the file seems to be formatted correctly. So what's the fuss Gus? The error is being thrown on all of the even lines, which are all the same chip declaration. I started tinkering w/ that and found that replacing "w83795adg-i2c-0-2e" with "w83795adg-*" would make the sensors command spit out data again. Going a bit further, I replaced different parts of the chip declaration with a wildcard (*) and found that just replacing the 0 (zero) in the chip declaration made things work. The chip declaration w/ the zero in it is correct, so its odd that sensors is choking on it, but that seems to be the problem. At any rate, the edited file that worked looked like this on my system:

# sensors
chip "w83795adg-i2c-*-2e"
ignore "fan4"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
label "temp6" "MB Temp"
label "fan1" "Array Fan"
label "fan2" "Array Fan"
label "fan3" "Array Fan"
label "fan5" "Array Fan"

So if you are having a similar issue, try editing the sensors.conf file to replace the zeros in the chip declaration lines w/ wildcards (*). You can use an editor like nano in the unraid terminal, or use the nice conf editor plugin. To make the edit persist thru reboots and shutdowns, edit the file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf instead of the /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf file with the same 0 --> * swaps.

Hopefully this helps some folks get their temps and fan speeds displayed again. And hopefully this helps the developers find a fix. Although, for what its worth, it seems to me that the plugin is not doing anything wrong, but the problem is w/ sensors or sensors_init choking on zeros.

Edited by diarnu
  • Like 1

Even in that crazy long post, I forgot to add something. After first installing the plugin, there were more options listed in the dropdown boxes for CPU temp and MB temp on the settings page. Temps from coretemp and i5500_temp modules in addition to the temps and fan speeds from the w83795adg module. But for some reason those only showed up the first time I ran thru the setup.

I'm not really interested in using the temps from those modules, so its not a big deal to loose them, but its weird that they showed up initially and then sort of permanently went away. So I thought it might help to share that info too.

• Like 1

@diarnu I've had notifications on this thread for almost a year hoping for some nugget of information to help me solve this and my (probably foolish) patience has paid off! thank you so much for sharing the solution, worked perfectly. I experienced everything you referenced, including the issue in your addendum post. Thanks again

Edited by vitovega
  • 1 month later...

Hi, today I tried to update the plugin from version "2020.06.20" to "2021.05.20" and it failed with error:

plugin: updating: dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

I also tried uninstall and reinstall and fails again with error:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg ... done

My unRAID version it's: Version 6.9.2 2021-04-07

Anyone know what is the issue?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, DjBill said:

Hi, today I tried to update the plugin from version "2020.06.20" to "2021.05.20" and it failed with error:

plugin: updating: dynamix.system.temp.plg

I also tried uninstall and reinstall and fails again with error:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg ... done

My unRAID version it's: Version 6.9.2 2021-04-07

Anyone know what is the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Try again.  It's fixed.

• Like 1