Dynamix - System Temp

Can't seem to get this to work. In the plugin under drivers all I'm getting is the 'click detect', but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I went through the sensor-detect script in order to get sensors working, and it seems to be outputting temps correctly...

You didn't actually say what's not working.  ;)

It all looks fine, from what I can see.  What temps are you seeing on the Main page?

Ah. Right. :) Yeah, I'm not seeing any temps on the main page. Or the dashboard. They're supposed to show up towards the bottom, if I'm not mistaken?

The sensor command is working fine, but I can't seem to get the temps to pass through to the gui through the plugin.

This may not be the reason for your case - On my system, there's a delay in the temp display that seems proportionate, or at least related, to the Display Setting Page update frequency.  If you have it set to Real-time, the temps appear almost immediately.  If set to Regular, they typically appear on the next 10 second cycle.  If set to Slow, it takes much longer.  And if set to Disabled, they may never show up, or it will be a long time.  I don't know the reason for this.

I'll have to leave it to someone else.

By the way, you did install Perl first from the NerdPack?  Click the Help button.  Oops, just discovered that the Help doesn't mention Perl, not sure why.  Perhaps it installs it in the background?  You probably need bonienl's help.

Two questions first:

1. Which version of unRAID are you using?

2. Do you have an ad-blocker running, if so can whitelist the GUI?

1. 6.1.9

2. I did have an ad-blocker running. I've whitelisted the GUI, but haven't noticed anything different.

Two questions first:

1. Which version of unRAID are you using?

2. Do you have an ad-blocker running, if so can whitelist the GUI?

1. 6.1.9

2. I did have an ad-blocker running. I've whitelisted the GUI, but haven't noticed anything different.

Maybe drastic measure (though it isn't that bad) - uninstall the plugin, this will remove both the package and settings, and re-install it by copy & paste this URL to the install box:

https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.temp.plg

You'll need to do detect again (make sure perl package is installed) and reassign CPU and MB sensors.

So, I figured it out. I was following the instructions on the wiki religiously, so I put sensors.conf in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/

After no dice trying a bunch of things, I took an educated guess or two. Seems, at least for my box, it wouldn't work until I put it in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/

Did I miss the docs on that? I admit I didn't read this entire thread. Or should the wiki be updated?

Thanks bonenl and RobJ for the help.

So, I figured it out. I was following the instructions on the wiki religiously, so I put sensors.conf in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/

After no dice trying a bunch of things, I took an educated guess or two. Seems, at least for my box, it wouldn't work until I put it in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/

Did I miss the docs on that? I admit I didn't read this entire thread. Or should the wiki be updated?

To be frank, I haven't read the wiki, so I headed over to "lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_CPU_and_board_temperature_sensing".

The steps in the wiki after based on an older version. Nowadays the installation is more simplified. A short overview

Step 1 - preparation

Install the perl package, this is required to run the script "sensors-detect" in the background.

Step 2 - detection

Press the detect button to search and automatically fill in the required drivers or alternatively - if you know the name of the driver(s) - fill them in manually.

Step 3 - saving and activation

Press the save button to save and activate (load) the driver(s). This will create the fille /config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/drivers.conf on your flash device.

Step 4 - sensor assignment and display

Use the dropdown menus under sensors to assign the appropriate sensor for CPU and motherboard readings. You may need to consult the user guide of your motherboard to find out which sensor needs to be selected here. Once a sensor selection is done, the corresponding item will be displayed in the footer at the right of the screen. Press apply to confirm your selection. This will create the fille /config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf on your flash device.

Done

Note: to unassign or remove a sensor just unselect it from the dropdown menu. This will also allow to make new assignment (for example when the wrong sensor was chosen).

Last but not least: see also the online help of system temp!

To be frank, I haven't read the wiki, so I headed over to "lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_CPU_and_board_temperature_sensing".

The steps in the wiki after based on an older version. Nowadays the installation is more simplified. A short overview

Step 1 - preparation

Install the perl package, this is required to run the script "sensors-detect" in the background.

Step 2 - detection

Press the detect button to search and automatically fill in the required drivers or alternatively - if you know the name of the driver(s) - fill them in manually.

Step 3 - saving and activation

Press the save button to save and activate (load) the driver(s). This will create the fille /config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/drivers.conf on your flash device.

Step 4 - sensor assignment and display

Use the dropdown menus under sensors to assign the appropriate sensor for CPU and motherboard readings. You may need to consult the user guide of your motherboard to find out which sensor needs to be selected here. Once a sensor selection is done, the corresponding item will be displayed in the footer at the right of the screen. Press apply to confirm your selection. This will create the fille /config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf on your flash device.

Done

Note: to unassign or remove a sensor just unselect it from the dropdown menu. This will also allow to make new assignment (for example when the wrong sensor was chosen).

Last but not least: see also the online help of system temp!

Worked Beautifully . Thanks for the summary and help.

Yep, the wiki was out of date, hasn't kept up with the plugin.  I basically lifted your instructions and plugged them into a new v6 section at the top.  Thank you for that!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is it possible to request modules for lm-sensors?

sensor-detect has advised me to load the module i5500_temp but that module is not included in unRAID.

I put in a feature request here: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=46439.0 back in Feb but no reply from lime-tech.

Would anyone mind having a look and see is this is a possibility to add the module to unRAID myself? (currently running 6.2 rc5)

I think I have found 2 places from where to compile the module:

http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/lm-sensors/drivers/i5500_temp/

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/hwmon/i5500_temp.c

but I am honestly a little out of my depth compiling modules!

• 2 months later...

Hi bonienl,

First thanks for the plugins!  I just found this thread a day or so ago, and I'm really enjoying the benefit of quite a few of the plugins.

I posted this in the Dynamix - V6 Plugins Thread, but thought I'd place it here as well.

I was just wondering if it might be possible to add a Second CPU Core Temperature output field to the System Temp plugin?

Those of us running dual CPU systems, (Thanks to the E5-2670 Fire sale), would find it most welcome I'm sure.

Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Hi bonienl, I would also like to echo my thanks for your plugin.  I just upgraded my unRAID to use the new AMD Ryzen 1800X 8-core CPU, with the ASUS Prime X370-PRO motherboard.  I had to disable to existing Dynamix System Temp plugin because it was still expecting sensors from the previous system, and therefore was causing system instability.

Looking around, I found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/618nyc/linux_lmsensors_it87_support_for_some_am4/#bottom-comments

They're discussing an update to the it87 driver that supports a chip (?) called IT8665E used on some X370 motherboards.

I added a fresh copy of the Dynamix System Temp plugin, but at present these sensor options don't seem to be available.

In order to support the newer drivers, does this require an update to the Dynamix System Temp plugin, or a newer unRAID?  I'm running unRAID 6.3.2 PRO.

Thanks!!

- Bill

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2016 at 10:06 PM, Drider said:

Hi bonienl,

First thanks for the plugins!  I just found this thread a day or so ago, and I'm really enjoying the benefit of quite a few of the plugins.

I posted this in the Dynamix - V6 Plugins Thread, but thought I'd place it here as well.

I was just wondering if it might be possible to add a Second CPU Core Temperature output field to the System Temp plugin?

Those of us running dual CPU systems, (Thanks to the E5-2670 Fire sale), would find it most welcome I'm sure.

Thanks again!

I'll put multi-core support on my feature request list.

On 3/27/2017 at 2:22 AM, ufopinball said:

Hi bonienl, I would also like to echo my thanks for your plugin.  I just upgraded my unRAID to use the new AMD Ryzen 1800X 8-core CPU, with the ASUS Prime X370-PRO motherboard.  I had to disable to existing Dynamix System Temp plugin because it was still expecting sensors from the previous system, and therefore was causing system instability.

Looking around, I found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/618nyc/linux_lmsensors_it87_support_for_some_am4/#bottom-comments

They're discussing an update to the it87 driver that supports a chip (?) called IT8665E used on some X370 motherboards.

I added a fresh copy of the Dynamix System Temp plugin, but at present these sensor options don't seem to be available.

In order to support the newer drivers, does this require an update to the Dynamix System Temp plugin, or a newer unRAID?  I'm running unRAID 6.3.2 PRO.

Thanks!!

- Bill

The plugin doesn't come with any drivers, these are part of unRAID itself. There are some efforts on the way to make driver installation more flexible.

• 1 month later...