[SOLVED] Popcorn Hour A-400 using NMJ v2 and UnRAID 5.0.4

betaman

Not sure if I should post this here or in the General Support for UnRAID 5 but I recently upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.0.4 and have noticed a problem with my PCH A-400 and NMJ.  For some reason, I think my UnRAID share is unmounting after playback of a movie or tv show and I was wondering if there was any way to confirm what might be causing it (e.g. the A-400 or the UnRAID tower)?  I posted in the NMT forums and the prevailing thought there was something in 5.0.4 might be causing the issue since that's the only variable change since I started having the issue.  Below is the content of that post describing the exact situation I'm experiencing at random times:

Ok, I'm not sure if this is an NMJ or an SMB share issue as I was having problems with my 5.0.4 UnRAID setup connecting to my share until I created a new user and connected my A-400 to my NMJ share with this user account. I've been running this setup for a while with no issues but I recently upgraded to 5.0.4 from 5.0.1 and did some hardware maintenance to my UnRAID server (e.g. changing disk order of some drives but not disk 1 that handles my NMJ jukebox) and that's when I started noticing issues with playback using NMJ.

Since my jukebox is not located on my share but rather one disk of my UnRAID server (disk 1), I used NMJT2 to workaround this NMJ limitation. I have two shares setup on my A-400. One called NMJ which auto launches NMJ and the other called Media which allows me to go directly into file list mode for my "Media" share on my UnRAID Server. I know I could switch between list mode and NMJ with the NMJ share but I'm old school and prefer this setup (which has been working for several months now). Anyway, lately I've been experiencing random issues where I will try to play a movie or tv show from NMJ and immediately after hitting the select button on the play icon, I get the little yellow warning triangle. Repeated attempts also fail and I've confirmed the drive containing the actual content is spun up.

If I back out of NMJ and go to the Media share (using source button) and select the title in the file list mode (from my other share) then the movie/tv show plays fine. I'm thinking it must be an issue with my jukebox path settings but since I point everything to my "Media" share, I don't see how changing my disk order really could've had any effect?! Any other thoughts as when I searched for the small yellow triangle error inside NMJ, there wasn't as many hits as I would've suspected?!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this behavior is somewhat random in that I can initially launch a movie and watch it from NMJ with no problem and then change to another title and get the yellow triangle. I haven't been able to determine if it's just the same titles that are affected or if they're random but I'm pretty sure it's random (as I've tried to play something, couldn't and the next time I take the A-400 out of standby, I can watch it - all from NMJ).

I found the issue.  It had to do with the fact that when I was running v5.0 Final, I was still using the user root to connect to my shares.  When I upgraded to 5.0.4, this stopped working and I had to create a new user to access the shares from my PCH.  Well, I'm guessing the PCH didn't have the ability to the mount the share so unless I did it "manually", NMJ couldn't do it when I hit the play button for a selection on the Media share.  I added the "modified" share to my scanning directory in NMJTBv2 and then I got double of everything in my library (which is what I wanted as I didn't have local artwork for all of my titles and I wanted it to be the same).  Took a couple hours but it's working fine now.  I'm sure there might've been a way to edit the db using SQL but I couldn't get any response so just decided to do it the old fashioned way...

Archived